Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Lot's of little problems I need help with.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lot's of little problems I need help with.

The story goes like this, my friend got a y7(from an ek) swapped into his eg hatch, he's using a vtece wiring harness if it matters any and a repinned vtece distributer, I'm not sure what the motor is but i think its a d16Z1 or something? Anyways, at first we was using a p07 ecu with the y7 which made the car ran like poop, and he had a coolant leak when the car got hot. I went and fixed the leak, but in order to stop the coolant from spewing out the intake hose, I used a wrench and threw it at the radiator cap a couple of times to get it to stop spewing out the back. Coolant spilled everywhere, and after that the speedo got jumpy, I tried switching the speed sensor, drying off the speed sensor, and drying off the wires. The speedometer works when it wants to, or it goes jumpy, or it just stays at 0. It's been about a month since and finally I got a p05 into it and it runs better, but now the cruise control light turns on when im accelerating a little bit, the cars idle is jumpy only sometimes after about a 10 minute drive, but not after idling for over an hour. I've taken all the bubbles out of the coolant. The bubbles that came up were different than usual though, when I usually take the bubbles out its just big bubbles, but now it was a lot of little bubbles that appeared white on top.

Long story short
Jumpy speedo(sometimes it works, sometimes it jumps, sometimes it stays at 0)
Bouncing Idle(Only after driving the car a bit, doesn't jump if the car is idle, and when the car is turned off and back on after it gets jumpy, it stops jumping. I've taken the bubbles out of the coolant already, oh yeah, the idle stops bouncing sometimes when I press on the brakes hard and or clutch, maybe it's in my head but w/e, just tryna add more info.)
Cruise Control Light(comes on when im accelerating, when it turns on, the speedo is always working with it, but when its off, the speedo is either working or not working.)

FYI, the radiator spewed all over the wires under the hood, i dried it the best that I can and theres a leak on the passenger side of the car, not sure where the leak is exactly, but it runs down to the ecu.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump, and another problem just came up, the car feels like its dying at 55+mph. It feels like its getting no gas, if i downshift real quick it gets power again, twice i pulled over and put it in neutral and one of the 2 times the idle dropped really low. It was really raining yesterday, and it's really rainy today, it wasn't happening on sunny days with the new ecu, maybe its the ecu? maybe its water getting into my intake somehow? The filter is on the ram air intake, but the breather hose isn't connected to the valve cover, it isn't long enough. A

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Hanmin)

Sounds like you're having a VSS issue and the car is in limp mode.

You sure the wiring isn't banged up to the point where you've crossed the wires for the CEL with the cruise control?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not the speed sensor, I tried different ones already, its something in the wiring that I cannot find. I'll put the old ecu back on when I get the chance and see if it still wants to stall. It's not banged up, the worst case scenerio is that the current is running through the water somewhere.