Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Looking for some help/insight.My EG keeps stalling.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:07 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some help/insight.My EG keeps stalling.

Ok.first off.I tried searching a bunch so I didn't have to post this but couldn't find anything.So my apologies if the answers somewhere out there and i didn't find it.

Anyways.My problem. 94 ex coupe.Bought it with 86k miles and the head needed work.while the head was being worked (everything remains as close to stock as possible during this build) i took apart the block and cleaned 14 years worth of build up.Had a friend and his dad put the block back together with new rings and bearings.Main and rod.All high speed performance.Got the block and head back and put the motor back together.Adjusted valve lash.All new gaskets,all torqued correctly etc.Wiring harness tuck to hide wires in the engine bay and a bunch of other new parts.Ok so now you have the build.

My problem.
Finally got the car to start after new fuel pump and filter and fresh gas.However.It idles erratically as if maybe the iacv is bad.however i've had that prob on an old da9 and i know its not that because the way it idles is mild.it'll start and the idle will sit at about 1200 to 1000.then slowly drop to about 3-400, then rise again.If i hit the gas and bring my rpms to about 4k and let off the gas.it chocks out and stalls.I don't know if its vacuum because as far as i can tell all of my lines are good and on.I am in the process of replacing all with new.i have been told that it could be gas as in flow/restriction somewhere but this is where im stumped cause i cant figure it out and i need to get my car on the road.Sorry that it took so long but for best results i figured the whole story would be best.Thank you all for any support and i hope you can help. Thanks again.Nate