Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A little Help with a VX Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little Help with a VX Hatch

I currently own a mustang, but im looking forward to selling it and buying my 1st honda. I'm looking at a 93 hatch VX and was just wondering a couple things.

1. Is there any difference between the CX/DX/VX except for engines.

2. Is the VX as easy to swap engines as other models.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: A little Help with a VX Hatch (highrevxtreme)

not sure of the specifics, but the differences lie in things like ac & power steering, rear wiper, passenger mirror. the dx also has side trim, while cx/vx didnt. there are always exceptions to the rule (cx's with ac, etc) mostly because of dealer options

obviously the vx has the d15z1 and comes with vx wheels, its also pre-wired for vtec, which actually makes swapping in a vtec motor easier. Its also tied with the cx for being the lightest of the bunch, down a few lbs from the dx.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A little Help with a VX Hatch (rlockwood)

Pretty much, the only differences between VX and CX are the wheels, the undertray diffuser thing on the rear bumper, and a tach. Besides motor and everything that goes with that, of course.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:41 PM

guess ill have to get atleast a CX, Figured a VX would be better with god knows how many MPG and lower insurance vs a mustang, would help me save up for a swap, but seeing as a swap comes with an a/c compresser i wouldnt want to have to rig up the a/c. Found a DX with 47k miles for $3500 though, planning on going to look at that. thanks guys

Modified by highrevxtreme at 8:56 PM 7/20/2006
Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highrevxtreme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guess ill have to get atleast a CX, Figured a VX would be better with god knows how many MPG and lower insurance vs a mustang, would help me save up for a swap, but seeing as a swap comes with an a/c compresser i wouldnt want to have to rig up the a/c. Found a DX with 47k miles for $3500 though, planning on going to look at that. thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

Any and all EG's can come with air conditioning, just like you can get a fully loaded 95 ex without air conditioning. It just all depends if it was put in before it was bought or not.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM

not really following your logic here, a cx doesnt have anything the vx doesnt, rather.. the vx gets better gas mileage, has a tach, has better wheels.. and ac swap would be identical between the two.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i own a vx, and from what i hear its 2nd best or wanted eg other then si. but over all the vx would be a better buy......
Old 07-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A little Help with a VX Hatch (rlockwood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rlockwood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure of the specifics, but the differences lie in things like ac & power steering, rear wiper, passenger mirror. the dx also has side trim, while cx/vx didnt. there are always exceptions to the rule (cx's with ac, etc) mostly because of dealer options

obviously the vx has the d15z1 and comes with vx wheels, its also pre-wired for vtec, which actually makes swapping in a vtec motor easier. Its also tied with the cx for being the lightest of the bunch, down a few lbs from the dx.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, the VX is like the HX to hatches... it is a low model with a few of the luxery items, tach, clock, AC, radio, alloys, pass. mirror., rear air diffuser for better gas mileage, sohc vtec-e. It essentially the same as a cx with the formentioned items.

The CX is the lowest model (no ps, no tach, no clock, no ac, no radio, no alloys, no pass. mirror, no rear wiper, no rear air diffuser, no moldings, no hubcaps) Then the VX which has (no ps, tach, clock, ac, radio, alloys, pass mirror, rear diffuser, no moldings, vtec-e. Then the DX has(ps, no clock, no tach, ac, radio, no alloys, pass mirror, side moldings, no hubcaps, no diffuser, no vtec. Then the Si has (ps, ac, tach, clock, radio, hubcaps, pass. mirror, side moldings, vtec, and moonroof.

Personally the hatches all the same except either the main options factory moonroof (Si only) and VTEC or VTEC-E (VTEC-E is only in the VX models). Most of these options could be put on any of the models, but the main ones are AC and radio, and clock). I would have to say all the hatches are easy to swap motors, only advantage to the VX and Si is that it plug and play swap (except on the VX the 5 wire o2 sensor has to be converted to 4 wire, or repinned).
Old 07-20-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: A little Help with a VX Hatch (swifty4u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swifty4u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> just like you can get a fully loaded 95 ex without air conditioning. </TD></TR></TABLE>

are you smoking crack?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A little Help with a VX Hatch (SirSmokesAlot)

I have a fully loaded ex without a/c.
I also have a not so loaded dx WITH a/c.
a/c was a dealer installed option, not factory installed.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A little Help with a VX Hatch (SirSmokesAlot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SirSmokesAlot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you smoking crack?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by melsers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a fully loaded ex without a/c.
I also have a not so loaded dx WITH a/c.
a/c was a dealer installed option, not factory installed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-22-2006, 07:35 AM

yes everyone wants to buy my vx