Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

k20 type r into a eg 93 civic si hb

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k20 type r into a eg 93 civic si hb

lets say im getting a k20 type r and im putting it in my eg 93 civic si hb what do i need to get my car fully up, running and functioning properly?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man do a search. go to k20a.org all your answers are there. good day.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: k20 type r into a eg 93 civic si hb (DJ_Toocrazy)

if your in california dont bother with the swap. if you get pulled and hood popped you will be doing another swap soon after.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:20 AM

just checkin, but that's b/c of the JDM motor right. I wanna put a K24 in my ek coupe and I dont want it to have to be pulled out cuz its illegal or something....other than the fact that it sure a hell wont pass smog. LOL BS
Old 08-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as i know k series are illegal *** hell and the b20 since its a small truck motor is illegal too.. gl with ur setup and im guessing ( not completely shure ) but about 7-10gs for everything maybe more im not too into all the k series stuff yet so thats a guess
Old 08-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you need motor, tranny, all sensors, custom fuel lines, chipped ecu, custom wire harness, motor mounts, very good suspension. it will take close to $1200 for everything.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:23 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (95civickid)

You need:
Badass suspension
Badass brakes
Some sticky *** tires

Engine
Motor
Tranny
Clutch/flywheel
Jdm dc5R ecu at the least or kpro
engine harness, charge harness, hybrid jumper harness - or make your own(PITA but free)
mounts
Upgrade fuel pump
Shifter box and shifter cables
Karcepts kit
Custom header and custom exhaust
Relocate your radiator to the other side
Clutch line/brake booster hose
You'll need different upper and lower rad hoses
You'll need to mix your K/B or D temp sender to fit, and run a line directly to your gauge cluster
You'll need a complete custom fuel setup but you could also incorporate an OEM fuel rail if you want.
You'll need a new intake
You'll need about 10grand

You'll have over 210whp 150wtq on a motor with just i/h/e With Kpro

How do I know all this? k20a.org unlocks the power.

Modified by litterbox at 10:13 AM 8/16/2005
Old 08-16-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.....
You'll need about 10grand

You'll have over 210whp 150wtq on a motor with just i/h/e

How do I know all this? k20a.org unlocks the power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

10K for 210/150........doesn't my D look sexy now?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:38 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (Pioneer162)

Yep, here we go again...
Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You'll have over 210whp 150wtq on a motor with just i/h/e

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

YOU WILL NOT GET THOSE NUMBERS WITH OUT KPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it will need to be tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will get about 190 without tuning.....

http://www.k20a.org is a GREAT source for you k Series questions

as in this site....SEARCH FIRST!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:13 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (chad)

Edited.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr_Goodbar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr_Goodbar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just checkin, but that's b/c of the JDM motor right. I wanna put a K24 in my ek coupe and I dont want it to have to be pulled out cuz its illegal or something....other than the fact that it sure a hell wont pass smog. LOL BS</TD></TR></TABLE>

jdm has nothing to do with any swaps in any state as long as you can proof where you got it... its more what engine your putting in.. b20, k , etc

you can put the swap in your car. (litterbox is doing his now and i believe he is almost done he has an ongoing process thread) but none of the k series at this time has been legally barred through the state ref. so if you do get pulled over ,hood popped, you will have to go to the state ref and show your engine meets the state smog inspection. the tech will look at your engine and say what is that? then he will look up the engine code, and to a surprise to you he has no info to show him whats legal and whats not. you have now failed. unfortunately there are problems with the k series in relation to the fuel return system, header, ecu. in respect to passing it through state bar and putting it in your car.

the hard workers at k20org have tweeked the fuel rail, ecu, and made a custom header (or oem but cut and turned) all which will fail visual inspection through the state ref.

but...i have no heard of any of them being pulled over as of yet... but like i said if you have the time to worry about being pulled and popped then i say go for it, but if you dont i would pass on it for now until someone figures out how to pass it... i dont see it ever passing state bar (atleast in an eg) due to the k being so different.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:41 PM

i live in michigan so it should be ok for me
Old 08-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ_Toocrazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i live in michigan so it should be ok for me</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea your good to go... disregard everything i said... lol

Old 08-18-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jdm has nothing to do with any swaps in any state as long as you can proof where you got it... its more what engine your putting in.. b20, k , etc

you can put the swap in your car. (litterbox is doing his now and i believe he is almost done he has an ongoing process thread) but none of the k series at this time has been legally barred through the state ref. so if you do get pulled over ,hood popped, you will have to go to the state ref and show your engine meets the state smog inspection. the tech will look at your engine and say what is that? then he will look up the engine code, and to a surprise to you he has no info to show him whats legal and whats not. you have now failed. unfortunately there are problems with the k series in relation to the fuel return system, header, ecu. in respect to passing it through state bar and putting it in your car.

the hard workers at k20org have tweeked the fuel rail, ecu, and made a custom header (or oem but cut and turned) all which will fail visual inspection through the state ref.

but...i have no heard of any of them being pulled over as of yet... but like i said if you have the time to worry about being pulled and popped then i say go for it, but if you dont i would pass on it for now until someone figures out how to pass it... i dont see it ever passing state bar (atleast in an eg) due to the k being so different.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess since I dont live in CA I dont understand the whole "BAR" thing, but how can it not be approved if K series motors come stock in cars sold in CA?

-Rob