Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question

Hey everyone. I just placed an order for my custom exhaust and es oval muffler from Kteller and was wondering (since I know alot of you are running one of his systems) how much welding was involved in putting the kit together. And what did everyone running one of these systems do for hangers for the muffler? And last but not least was there any issues with the new exhaust fitting up to the stock cat.

And as a side note Kteller is was a great guy to deal with anwsering all my questions and offering much help.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 12-04-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question (cityofcaterpillars)

thats good to here because ive been talking to him for a few days getting my exhaust package together and he seems like an awesome guy to deal with. he helped me out alot and answered all my questions. for good service. sorry to jack the thread. let us know the quality of the products though. sure they will be excelent
Old 12-04-2003, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question (cityofcaterpillars)

i think 4 welds if you dont add the resonator if you do then 6 welds and few cut here and there. good kit kteller
Old 12-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about hangers for the muffler? I was thinking I could cut the hangers off my current muffler and weld them onto the new one.

Also, to anyone useing the ES Oval did you add a tip or just leave it how it was?

Cheers,
Dan
Old 12-04-2003, 06:10 PM

i say leave it...SLEEPER baby
Old 12-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you ordered piping and muffler from him, you'll more than likely be recieving hangers and flanges. Good quality and you'll just need to have someone weld it up for you. Its prebent, but not exactly bolt-on.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question (GsR HtCh)

That's what I was planning on doing I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be welding it myself. Should be fun since I never welded before. How much do resonators go for? I keep hearing about people saying this setup will be loud without one and them say that its fine without one.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm... Dan from Altoona with a civic? I should know you, or at least have seen you somewhere. If you need some help with the exhaust let me know, i put two of his kits on both of my civics.

your last name reminds me of a very nice black 99-00 civic si in altoona.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question (80884)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80884 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm... Dan from Altoona with a civic? I should know you, or at least have seen you somewhere. If you need some help with the exhaust let me know, i put two of his kits on both of my civics.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you from Altoona too? No black civic for me. 95 ex coupe in the teal color. Nothing really noticiable about the car. Still looks stock on the outside.

Old 12-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I orderd my 2.5" SS setup from Kteller and it came with everything I needed to put it on. I run without a cat so all I have is an 18" resonator with magnaflow oval muffler. I only has fitment issues with the rear section where it meets the muffler a good size piece has to be cut out for it to fit. Awesome kit overall but if you dont want it loud I'd suggest running a cat.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not altoona but next to it, from Hollidaysburg. Though maybe you were the guy with the black si or knew him. I have a white 92 hatch, stock looking other then the si wheels and muffler.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nah man I dont know anyone with a black si. I dont really get out towards your area that much either. Are there ever any good car meets in our area? I always wanted t go to one but the only thing Ive seen close to a meet is kids haning out at autozone and those cars really arent my style

Cheers,\
Dan
Old 12-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no meets that i know of around here, gotta drive to go to stuff like that. I usually end up going to the track and there are lots of car people there and it is fun.

yea the autozone gang. That whole section of town sux and everyone that is there thinks there cars are the fastest and how great they are...area has gone downhill ever since that damn fast and the furious movie now everyone thinks that they can put a big *** aluminum wing on their car and a muffler and say it's fast. which is fine with me but it makes the people that do have nice cars look like idiots cuz these people are building up 4dr neons and weird cars with stuff that doesn't belong on them. But as for meets or anything like that, it sucks for that stuff around here.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:52 PM

just let them show their stupidity
Old 12-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80884 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but it makes the people that do have nice cars look like idiots cuz these people are building up 4dr neons and weird cars with stuff that doesn't belong on them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Heh, kinda like most of us with civics?
Old 12-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where are there tracks around here? I know my one friend Rob autocrosses around here but that's at an airport.

Yeah the Autozone crew is prety pathetic. This one kid with the most flamboyent like electric blue Talon with nasty body kit and huge crome rims steals the show everytime. It's so sad

cheers,
Dan
Old 12-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't mean it by people building neons and focas's and even civics, I greatly respect a neon or any car like it when done right and looks good. I'm refering to the people that buy mufflers just for looks and buy fake show only roll cages and big top fuel dragster wings on there fwd cars, But i guess that is my own opinion and for some people that is cool. It's just not my idea of a true nice car.

Two tracks that are the closest are Beaversprings dragway, and Pittsburgh raceway park, one is east and the other is west. 1 1/2 hr away and 1 hr away.
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/default.php
http://www.beaversprings.com/

non drag tracks (like autocross are as close as 45 mins away)

yea the blue talon is Tommy. I know him. he is also somewhat of a dealer for car stuff like we buy. 99% talon guy as you can tell. but yea 98% of the people there are ghey and have **** cars and no jobs, also some are tough and pull guns on people cuz they lose when they race someone in their stock srt-4 neon. ha ha, i could go on for ever, but i won't.

Modified by 80884 at 10:25 PM 12/11/2003
Old 12-09-2003, 06:53 PM

city I was looking for headers for my 95 ex and wanted to know what you thought about your chikaras I was looking at those or dc ceramic
Old 12-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just ordered exhaust from Kteller and got a question (bawllinonabudget)

I like the header alot. It doesnt look to pretty after the paint burns off but function over fashion.

I got my exhaust in today and it looks awsome. Good quality ****. Cant wait til x-mas so I can put it on.

Yeah Tommy is the kid I was talking about with the Talon. It's a very nice car but not my style. One of the guys at Autozone Bummy I think they call him was going trying to start a fight with me and some friends cause we kept driving past them and reving. Then we finnaly stoped in and everyone was ogaling (sp?) my girls ser spec-v. Was a pretty funny night.

Cheers,
Dan