Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

just got my new jdm sirII motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my new jdm sirII motor

Hello...i'm new to the site and wanted some input.......
i just got a b16a(sirII)...it will be going into my 2000 4dr lx.....i'm really excited about this project....I wanted to know about the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold......

i notice the exhaust manifold didn't really look like an exhaust manifold....It look like a 4-2-1 header.....what is up with that? should i switch to an aftermarket header or keep this on for right now.....

The intake manifold.....Is it a good idea to switch to an aftermarket one......i was thinking edelbrock victor X...or a type R civic.... Is it hard to switch out when the motor is inside the engine bay........what are some good ideas

Also a throttle body what to do about that?

How hard is it to change a flywheel.....I want to get a ACT streetlite flywheel(12.4)......will this work with my stock clutch and transmission...

Pls let me know....I'm so excited about this project and do everything right....
Old 07-23-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: just got my new jdm sirII motor (spyderman_8_2)

you can switch out the stock manifold if you want to but its not necessary, but its a good idea to switch it out with something that flows better.

i would recommend the type r manifold or a skunk2 manifold. the victor x manifold is good for turbo apps or high comp NA apps. the intake manifold will be harder to take out when its in the bay but its not too difficult.

you can use your stock tb, a bored out stock tb, an aftermarket tb, its up to you just don't get a tb thats overkill for the mods that you have.

its not that hard to change a flywheel when the motor is out of the car and yes the act streetlite clutch will work fine with your stock clutch and tranny.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just got my new jdm sirII motor (vtec94civic)

Thanks for the reply.....Right now i'm debating on what to do.....I want to get a new clutch for the car and a flywheel(maybe)......The clutch is definite....i was thinking a exedy clutch off of ebay......Is that good... here is a link to what i found
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...WA:IT...

i also found a used ACT (link) is this better...keep in mind i'm a beginner
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...WA:IT

But the flywheel...Does it really make that much of a difference....Really.....
i want to replace it....But money is an issue...I want more HSPWER...so buy the flywheel Yes----No...all input will be greatly appreciated-----Thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always get a NEW or near new clutch, flywheel, as long as there are no cracks just get it re-surfaced.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: just got my new jdm sirII motor (spyderman_8_2)

that exedy clutch is basically a stock replacement. also i wouldn't buy a used clutch they may say it has a certain amount of miles and that they didn't abuse it but you may never know. flywheels do make a difference, they don't make power they free it up. with the flywheel you will feel the car rev a lot quicker, but it also may affect driveability.