Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just bought 3-inch stainless steel Vibrant Catback Exhaust system. I have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Just bought 3-inch stainless steel Vibrant Catback Exhaust system. I have a question.

Hey all, i'm kinda new here, well i'v been a member a while but just never posted i always read threads and learned from there. i am a full honda enthusiast and love me EJ8. I havebee here for three years maybe a little more. I'v done a few mods, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Pro-Kit, Brenbo Front Slotted Rotors, Poterfield Carbon Ceramic Brake Pads, Full LS changeover from HMO, Hasport mounts, AEM CAI..when i did the swap which i had done at RIPP Modified, i put in a all new OEM oil pump, water pump, timing belt and tensioner, new drive belts, new alternator, new starter, new plugs, spark plug wire, distrubtor cap and rotor, fuel filter and obvioucly fresh oil in the motor and trans. he also said he added a pill to the oil pan. a pill he and his father deveolped that slightly increases the oil pressure in the engine. the pill costs only $20. i think it works. basiclly i wanted to give you guys a history of my car so you understand my simple question lol. i plan to go turbo in the near future and i wanted a 3-inch exhaust i bought the HKS hI-Power Exhaust but it takes way to long to get here almost a month.So i canceled the order so today i bought a Vibrant 3-inch Stainless Steel Catback exhaust system from Modacar.com. i did this about 2 hours ago. i searched for what people thought of it but i only found people looking for the flat black one. anyway my main question is did i buy a good quality exhaust that doesn't sound ricey i want a nice deep sound. 'm just looking for opnions, and if i bought a good quality exhuast. i apologize for the long post but i'm a thorough person sometimes.thanks for your patience and i love this site and all the information available to build a great fun car. any help or input would be great
Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just bought 3-inch stainless steel Vibrant Catback Exhaust system. I have a quest

I can't speak for that actual vibrant unit, but through my experience with many different types of exhaust systems, the ones that sound the best are the ones with oval shaped mufflers, not the round ones. If its just a round can type of muffler, usually those are the ones that sound kinda bad. I have a GReddy SP2, and I love how that one sounds (oval shaped muffler). I also know the Apexi worldsport is a similar design.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just bought 3-inch stainless steel Vibrant Catback Exhaust system. I have a quest

i have the vibrant 3" on my car..it sounds pretty good..remember the turbo is gona quiet the exhaust down a lot..i drive my car everyday and it doesnt bother me at all..sounds good..the turbo is like another muffler..and in regards to it bein a good exhaust..yea it is..stainless steel so its supposed to last..
Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im looking for the 3 inch for the crx 91 si, I cannot find it at all. I might have to have one made