Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!!

Anyone know the difference between the JIC FLT-A1 and FLT-A2? Only thing I can figure out is a1 is 5 way adjustable and the other is 15 way adjustable. What would you guys recommend out of the two for a daily driver with maybe some x-cross..
Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (JDM CTR EK)

Unless you plan to track it regualarly, I think the 15 ways are going to be overkill. Hell, I wouldn't want 15 different adjustablity settings...I'd get my car so far out of what was a decent handling machine...
Old 03-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (JDM CTR EK)

The A1 is valved softer for US roads, and in most cases the A2 has simply has stiffer springs, and more damper adjustability.

However, in the case of most Honda/Acura applications (save for the prelude) the A1 is not damper adjustable, and does not have upper mounts. I went with the A1 setup because they will be used 90% for daily driving, and I would not have really used all the adjustments on the A2.

Mine came in the other day and I have yet to install them so I cannot give you a review...but I am sure after I get them in and have them corner balanced I will be awestruck.

In my opinion, the A2 is really too much suspension if your car will be used mainly on the street.

Thank you mr UPS man
Old 03-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (georgelb)

dude, those look soooo nice. interested to see how they handle.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (B16EH2)

Yeah, I am waiting to hear back from Kyle at Wired Speed though. If you look closely you will see two say FR and two say RR. I do not seem to have any for the left side. I cannot see how it would make a difference...has to be just stickers...but I wanna be sure after dropping that much on them.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (B16EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, those look soooo nice. interested to see how they handle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and how much they run.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:47 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by georgelb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I am waiting to hear back from Kyle at Wired Speed though. If you look closely you will see two say FR and two say RR. I do not seem to have any for the left side. I cannot see how it would make a difference...has to be just stickers...but I wanna be sure after dropping that much on them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

doesnt make a difference
Old 03-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (Hella_JDM)

Yeah, I figured they just threw the wrong stickers on or something. Do you know if you are supposed to run them without dust boots, or to use the o.e. ones?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and how much they run.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Paid $885 shipped from Wired Speed, drop shipped from ZIEL Motorsports in Cali.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:40 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe you dont run one....i dont run them on ly flex's
Old 03-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (Hella_JDM)

if anyone is interested, i can hook someone up with a new pair of these for cheaper than any company. PM if interested
Old 03-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (JunIntegra)

i have the a2 on my eg and they handle awesome but are a little too much for me to tune completely. i will take a lot of time to figure out the best setup but thats fine for me. i just have a lot to grow into. anyways the coilovers are top quality. the spring rate is very stiff for the street but if you can hang with that then it all good. i dont mind but other people who dont know anything about racing and cars dont like it. but who cares its my ride.
my .02
misha
Old 04-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JIC-Magic Suspension Question!!!! (EG TYPE-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG TYPE-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the a2 on my eg and they handle awesome but are a little too much for me to tune completely. i will take a lot of time to figure out the best setup but thats fine for me. i just have a lot to grow into. anyways the coilovers are top quality. the spring rate is very stiff for the street but if you can hang with that then it all good. i dont mind but other people who dont know anything about racing and cars dont like it. but who cares its my ride.
my .02
misha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, I love my FLT-A2s as well... I can definitely grow into them rather than end up replacing components as my driving skills improve.