Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this?

i have a prelude radiator sitting around and i need one... but i have no cash for a EG rad... anyone put a prelude radiator in a EG civic?
Old 03-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (SkRiBLaH)

Dude, you can get the dual core for like 50 bucks. You can sure try to get the Lude radiator in there, but I don't know anyone runnng it.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:26 PM

if you can make the hoses line up and mount it...try it
Old 04-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (92B18Bvx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92B18Bvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how bout you frekin research it you ***!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, talk about uncalled for. Watch it n00b.

Any word on if this fits or not? I know NOTHING about Ludes, but would assume it has the full length radiator like the Teg.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (92B18Bvx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92B18Bvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how bout you frekin research it you ***!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>Are you gonna say that in every one of his threads?

EDIT: Not to mention, you're bumping old threads just to be a dick. What the hell is your problem?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (mycivicstoo(s)low)

just out of curiosity let us know if it does work
Old 04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (Donkey85)

yea i would like to know too, cause im gonna do an h22 swap and im the type of freak that wants the same components for the same car or engine. so let us know
Old 04-05-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any word on if this fits or not? I know NOTHING about Ludes, but would assume it has the full length radiator like the Teg. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've seen the radiator from a 95 Prelude, and let me tell you, its BIG. I don't think it would be worth the money to retrofit it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude, you can get the dual core for like 50 bucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^ What he said.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes you can!!, I am running a prelude radiator in an h22 eh3. The two bottom mounts don't line up perfectly but they line up more than well enough. Then you'll need to fab up two mounts for the top(just some low profile "z" shaped plates). there should be nipples on top of the radiator(I have an aftermarket prelude radiator so maybe the stock one doesnt, I dunno), so that the hole in the bracket can slide over. Then just drill a small hole and insert screw on the other side of the bracket. For hoses just get some bulk hose and make it work. If your in doubt set the radiator in place and look at it and you'll see, it's very easy. BTW make sure the brackets don't contact the hood. Also you will HAVE to have a low profile fan, like my FAL....................John, who i guess is the only guy in the world running a prelude radiator in an EH . If you have any questions just e-mail me
Old 04-06-2004, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (h22John)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22John &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes you can!!, I am running a prelude radiator in an h22 eh3. The two bottom mounts don't line up perfectly but they line up more than well enough. Then you'll need to fab up two mounts for the top(just some low profile "z" shaped plates). there should be nipples on top of the radiator(I have an aftermarket prelude radiator so maybe the stock one doesnt, I dunno), so that the hole in the bracket can slide over. Then just drill a small hole and insert screw on the other side of the bracket. For hoses just get some bulk hose and make it work. If your in doubt set the radiator in place and look at it and you'll see, it's very easy. BTW make sure the brackets don't contact the hood. Also you will HAVE to have a low profile fan, like my FAL....................John, who i guess is the only guy in the world running a prelude radiator in an EH . If you have any questions just e-mail me</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep. It works. Its on my friends ride right now. I'll get pics up when he comes down. Except we didnt have to go to all that trouble. We use zip ties lol It does the job and has been on there for a couple of months now.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Colorado <3

also a old teg will mount right up also.. out of a da.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:10 AM

Default Re: (92B18Bvx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92B18Bvx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about you freaking research it you ***!! </TD></TR></TABLE>*sigh*
Old 04-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude Radiator in EG? Anyone tryed this? (racerxfear)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerxfear &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yep. It works. Its on my friends ride right now. I'll get pics up when he comes down. Except we didnt have to go to all that trouble. We use zip ties lol It does the job and has been on there for a couple of months now.</TD></TR></TABLE> Yeah I used to have mine on with zip ties, that was with the stock plastic radiator, and it held for years, BUT I believe with the ties it's easier to crack the top of the radiator where that tie goes around the little bracket(because i did crack my rad right at that spot). But anyway my new rad is all metal so i dont worry bout it now. Just have him keep an eye out for a hairline fracture right below the zip tie..................John