Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Power Window Question - NEED WIRING DIAGRAM

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 04:38 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JDM Power Window Question - NEED WIRING DIAGRAM

Hey Guys,

I've searched and searched and searched. I just can't seem to find out what wire does what. Does anyone, ANYONE have a link or something to a diagram?
Thanks.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JDM Power Window Question - NEED WIRING DIAGRAM (litterbox)

will the usdm power window diagram not work?????????????????????????
Old 12-03-2004, 05:18 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: JDM Power Window Question - NEED WIRING DIAGRAM (MassScene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MassScene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will the usdm power window diagram not work?????????????????????????</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you have it?
I'll try it.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check your helms/chilton/haynes manual
Old 12-03-2004, 05:47 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: JDM Power Window Question - NEED WIRING DIAGRAM (MassScene)

Doing that right now....
Old 12-03-2004, 05:56 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Wire colors are completely different
Old 12-03-2004, 07:04 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A

The colors will most likely be different. Does the manual you have include pin-outs for the wiring clips? If not go to your Honda dealer, most service departments are nice about letting you make a few copies from the ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual) specifically for your car.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:08 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: JDM Power Window Question - NEED WIRING DIAGRAM (HondaFanatic708)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The colors will most likely be different. Does the manual you have include pin-outs for the wiring clips? If not go to your Honda dealer, most service departments are nice about letting you make a few copies from the ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual) specifically for your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, helms manual shows what wire goes into each position of the clip to the harness. My JDM (lol) clip is the same as the USDM one (meaning it has the same number of positions). Do you think the positions are the same? For example, I mean, could blu/yel wire (jdm) be the same as the yel/red (usdm) wire because they're both in the same position on the clip diagram?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:37 PM

My guess would be yes, however this is a JDM power window switch so if the drivers window control is on the right side as opposed to the left side on USDM then it will work like the USDM but not the JDM, you could always look at the pin-out and swap sides to make it work as if it were on the right side of the car. But if the clips are exactly the same, just plug it in. It may not be worth re-pinning the clip. If you do have to re-pin it BE CAREFUL, you don't want to mar the clip. There will be a small plastic prong that will hold the pin in place. You will have to lift this off the pin while gently pulling on the wire to remove it from the clip. I use one of those dinky precision flat head screw drivers when I'm doing this.

EDITED: If the pin positions look the same, like they aren't verticle where they are horizontal on the USDM they pinouts will be the same so yes the colors could, and probably will be, very different. But not how I mentioned how the left switch will function the drivers side.. You can change this if you want.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My guess would be yes, however this is a JDM power window switch so if the drivers window control is on the right side as opposed to the left side on USDM then it will work like the USDM but not the JDM, you could always look at the pin-out and swap sides to make it work as if it were on the right side of the car. But if the clips are exactly the same, just plug it in. It may not be worth re-pinning the clip. If you do have to re-pin it BE CAREFUL, you don't want to mar the clip. There will be a small plastic prong that will hold the pin in place. You will have to lift this off the pin while gently pulling on the wire to remove it from the clip. I use one of those dinky precision flat head screw drivers when I'm doing this.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks.

Do you think there could be a possiblity that the wire positions on the JDM clip are the mirror image of the usdm one? Example: red/yel wire that controls the driver's window is on the far right side of the USDM clip. On the JDM clip, it would be on the far left.

Bill Lumberg from office space voice: If you can make sense out of that, that would be great
Old 12-03-2004, 07:53 PM

I would not say a mirror, more like cut the amount of wires in half. SHIFT what is on the left to the right and likewise. I can't remember how many pins the EG power window switch has off the top of my head so forgive me for the false diagram. It will give you a better idea of what I'm saying.

USDM Clip

1 2 3 4 In this example 1256 would be drivers side say.
- - - - So 3478 woul be passanger.
- - - -
5 6 7 8
You know left switch controls drivers right controls passanger. I know there will be more wires for the passanger window lock, just see which wires actually control the windows in your manual.

JDM Clip

3 4 1 2
- - - -
- - - -
7 8 5 6
Now in this case the right switch would control your drivers side window (left not right hand drive drivers window) and the left would control the passangers. This will truely mimic how the JDM switch would function in a JDM car because this switch would be on the right side. This may seem gay or confusing being it is in a left hand drive USDM car, but it is really up to you which way you wire it. The second way will not only give you the look of a JDM power window swithc but also the feel. It just might take some time getting used to.

ADDED LATER: But it may not be right to left, it may be top to bottom, verify this by looking at the wiring diagram in your manual...
Old 12-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Ok, I'm gonna try all this tomorrow. I'll let you know. Thanks so much for your help.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 PM

No problem man, its my pleasure. Most guys see wiring and they wanna run away from it. I love wiring, eventhough it is a bitch at times. Just be patient, and if the clips are the same plug it in before you play around and see if it works exactly like your USDM switch. I will look in my factory service manual tomorrow to get a better idea of exactly how the wiring is setup in the clip.