Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdm headlights and side marker wiring q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm headlights and side marker wiring q's

allright i'm helping my inept freind wire his jdm headlights and side markers the stock corner lamp plug has 3 wires the jdm has 2 i figure it is because the usdm onese stay lit with the headlihgts and also flash how would i wire it up using the jdm plug and socket? also how are the city lights supposed to operate always on, on when lights turned on 1 click, flash with turn signals?
Old 11-27-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: jdm headlights and side marker wiring q's (messeduprex)

some jdm civic have bottom turn signals while the usdm have the turn signal and the coner light in one socket thats why the jdm only has 2 wries for the blinker. On the blinker side of your usdm civic there are 3 wires. find out which on is the blinker and hook those up to you jdm blinker ( the two wires) then you will have one left. that one you will hook up for you city light. (you can add a toggle switch so you can be able to trun them off)
Old 11-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm headlights and side marker wiring q's (aldotyper)

I know, I know, I know!!!

I did my own side markers, and I found out from a friend how to wire up the sidemarkers to stay lit, and blink when parking lights are on, and also blink when all lights are off. Just wire the sidemarkers to the red, and green wires, it don't matter which wire to which. The red acts as a ground when the headlights are off and it alternates the sidemarker blinker with the corners when the lights are on, but when the turn signal/hazards are deactivated, it returns to the "on" position. As for your corners, use your stock sockets/bulbs, just clip off the tab that don't line up on your socket! Don't rewire using the sockets attached to the JDM corners! And if you want it to be JDM styles, then don't run corner lights, and sidemarker lights while the headlamps are on, they are just blinkers in Japan...(to do that, clip the red wire). Now you know why there's no corner reflector for the JDM taillights.