Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ITR motor with JRSC

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR motor with JRSC

Hey guys, i know the GSR motor is awsome with the JRSC, and kamikaze headers, and supporting mods. But hows the ITR motor with it? I understand they are a little differnt, but close to the same motors, but is there enough to make a big difference compared to the GSR motor?
Old 02-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (TrizzyDizzy)

this has been covered... there are lots of differences between the GSR and Type-R motors please search...
Old 02-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (Soccerking3000)

will do...anyone else?
Old 02-06-2005, 09:48 AM

the type r engine has really high compression, it is NOT a good idea to slap fi all up in there.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numbnuts22715 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the type r engine has really high compression, it is NOT a good idea to slap fi all up in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>
actually, high compression doesn't matter. as long as its tuned right, then its fine.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

yea i believe the JRSC is only like 6 psi so that shouldnt be too bad
Old 02-06-2005, 10:03 AM

id prolly be a good idea to put this in the ITR forum, most likely more responses on ppl who have done this.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (eK9aT10pSi)

No need, i searched (*n00b*)...and ive concluded...no jrsc. Im not sure to go turbo, or to sell the ITR motor, and go GSR JRSC. but that all depends on if i buy this car.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:18 AM

If I were you, Id go turbo. I think this thread might help you... try searching in the archives "turbocharger or supercharger" and it should get more results... https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=67570
Old 02-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

thanks just got done reading all that. hmm, if i do get it then...i might sell the motor.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (TrizzyDizzy)

check out hondata.com click on dyno
Old 02-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC2Slow)

Tuning is key with anything and for the record superchargers suck ***...
-turbo or spray!
Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrizzyDizzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys, i know the GSR motor is awsome with the JRSC, and kamikaze headers, and supporting mods. But hows the ITR motor with it? I understand they are a little differnt, but close to the same motors, but is there enough to make a big difference compared to the GSR motor? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you "hear" that JRSC's are awesome on the GSR, or did you drive one? I've been in 2 supercharged GSR's, one was tuned, one wasn't, they were both very disappointing.
Definately consider turbo power, if you're going to go with forced induction.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
actually, high compression doesn't matter. as long as its tuned right, then its fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct, but its still easier to start off with a lower compression engine
Old 02-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (MF rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MF rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you "hear" that JRSC's are awesome on the GSR, or did you drive one? I've been in 2 supercharged GSR's, one was tuned, one wasn't, they were both very disappointing.
Definately consider turbo power, if you're going to go with forced induction. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Ive riden, heard, and driven one. WIth bolt ons, my friends ran 13.4 i believe with it. I like that kinda of power, nothing too insanely fast, but quick reliable power. i dont think 12s are for me, lol.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrizzyDizzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ive riden, heard, and driven one. WIth bolt ons, my friends ran 13.4 i believe with it. I like that kinda of power, nothing too insanely fast, but quick reliable power. i dont think 12s are for me, lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

JRSC won't make insane power, but like you said it's reliable power.

A friend of mine ran his B16A2 on a JRSc at 8psi for 60,000 miles, then at 12psi (CR-V crank pulley and crazy blower pulley) for another 15,000 miles before it finally blew up. He ran 12.9 in a 00 Civic Si coupe on slicks - that was impressive.

As far as an ITR engine on the JRSC, I don't think it'd be a bad idea if you understand it'll be limited, which you sound like you understand that anyways.

While I personally would not supercharge my B18C5 I do think it'd be a pretty cool set-up. do you already have the engine, or are you trying to decide whether to buy a B18C1 or B18C5 to boost? If so then get the GS-R engine.

If you already have the B18C5 keep this in mind:

The JRSC might cost like $2,800.00 or so, right?

You could easily spend that same amount on an N/A set-up and it would not have the low end and midrange torque/power, and the peak would probably not be as high either.

I'm an N/A guy, but I'm also realistic. Cams cost $800.00 or more for good ones, then valvetrain, then pistons with rings, and who does pistons without doing rod bearings, etc. etc. you get the idea. Slap a JRSC, have it tuned, and drive it for a long time.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (B18C5-EH2)

there is a company that takes apart the JRSC manifold and cuts it apart and puts a internal cooling system in it. it is pretty bad *** and brings temps way down. therefor being safer and producing better numbers.

I will see if I can find the page...

http://www.lhtperformance.net/products.html
by the way I think I read this first in the ITR forum
Old 02-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (Jon V)

LHT is the ****!

They had like 5 shop cars at NOPI a few years ago, all with dyno charts, videos, etc. and they make some trick ****. they were the first guys to put hydro trannies in EF bodies, and they do some awesome work with the JRSC.

Hell 6psi of non intercooled boost isn't that bad anyways.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (B18C5-EH2)

Damn, that LHT loosk hott...but mad expensive!! Yea i really dont think ill touch the c5 motor other than bolt ons. Ill eventually sell it then. But im gonna keep it in the car so i can have something under the hood while i work on the exterior of the car first. But we'll see.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (eK9aT10pSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eK9aT10pSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id prolly be a good idea to put this in the ITR forum, most likely more responses on ppl who have done this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you definitely haven't posted in the ITR forum before, have you? This is not a good idea as you will be asked to take your question to the Hybrid or FI forum!

After reading what you want to do, i ask that you remember this...TUNING IS ALWAYS KEY! High compression does not matter as long as your tuned correctly, and efficiently. You will not see more then 6 psi on the JRSC on stock internals...unless you plan on rebuiling your fried motor, keep that in mind. Good luck with your decisions
Old 02-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (Jon D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
After reading what you want to do, i ask that you remember this...TUNING IS ALWAYS KEY! High compression does not matter as long as your tuned correctly, and efficiently. You will not see more then 6 psi on the JRSC on stock internals...unless you plan on rebuiling your fried motor, keep that in mind. Good luck with your decisions </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is why im not going to do the JRSC. 6psi might just compensate for the power lost at the crank!! so no...no FI period.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrizzyDizzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is why im not going to do the JRSC. 6psi might just compensate for the power lost at the crank!! so no...no FI period.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrizzyDizzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ive riden, heard, and driven one. WIth bolt ons, my friends ran 13.4 i believe with it. I like that kinda of power, nothing too insanely fast, but quick reliable power. i dont think 12s are for me, lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As long as you're happy with it.
I just prefer more power personally if I'm going with forced induction.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR motor with JRSC (MF rodrez.)

Yea i know...im from montgomery AL. There are hardly any fast imports down here to compete with. And the v-8s can range from 15s down to 7s. So it can be a little hard to compete. But other than that...no need for competition.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So many biased opinions on N/A, turbo or SC'd. I've driven several cars w/ various types of set ups & they all have their place. Personally I have an R w/ the JRSC & it's alot of fun. The stock kit's only 4.5 psi but I plan on getting Hondata very soon. It's not the fastest car in the world but for now it pleases me. Some time in the future I might do the turbo thing but right now I plan on going up to 7 to 8 psi & just driving it. So many ppl say SC's suck or they are very dissapointing but, thats like comparing oranges to bananas. They are both a good experience but totally different. When it comes to the cost, I personally would never buy a SC new cause for that $ plus a bit more I could get a turbo. U can get a JRSC used for 1200 to 1800 used but in great shape. So if I'm dissapointed when I get my R tuned then I'll just chalk it up as a lesson learned & move on to something else.

Quick Reply: ITR motor with JRSC