Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra suspension compatability with EK Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra suspension compatability with EK Civic

Hi,
I've been researching and getting some conflicting information. Please do not post any info based on speculation or what you read, I'd appreciate if only those who KNOW what they are saying would post.

I have a 98 lx sedan that I am building which will see gravel and road racing duty along with street use. I do NOT want to lower my car by much, if any, but do want to upgrade the suspension. I would also like to do some brake upgrades if it works out.

What I would like to know is what integra components can I swap onto my EJ6 civic, and what can't I? What parts must be swapped with others, and what, if any, must come from an EX or Si?

I haven't been able to confirm if integra shocks or coilovers will physically fit but I'd imagine they would cause geometry issues regardless. Is it possible to swap the complete front assembly (lca, shock fork, steering knuckle and all) to maintain proper geometry with the bigger shocks? This would then allow me to upgrade the brakes right? Or do I need the ex knuckles still?
Does the rear trailing arm need to be swapped for the suspension or just the lca?

As you can hopefully see I've tried to figure this out but there's too much garbage and mis-information. Hopefully someone can light the way for me
This is my first car build.

THANKS!!