Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra Steering wheel into EG SRS help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra SIR-G Steering wheel into EG...SRS help...

Ok, here's my dillema. This is my first post here, but I've been around other forums. I post here since it appears to be the best forum for thorough and detailed technical information. I've been searching my *** off trying to find something as to avoid posting this, but I can't find anything. It has to do with a Integra Sir-G SRS steering wheel into a 93 Civic DX. If you know of a thread which answers this question I would very much appreciate a link. I've been searching ever since I bought the wheel, and can't find anything other than that the wheel is plug and play (which it is not) or threads about the horn wiring (which I figured out). If you don't know of a thread I very much appreciate any insight or experience. Well here's everything.

I bought an Integra SIR-G steering wheel, basically a Type-R wheel without any red stitching. Said Wheel:

So I go put it on, Get my wheel off, Get to the SRS plugs, and hit my roadblock. The Integra Plug has two wires coming from the airbag module, and they're both red (both hot?). The connector for these wires is a two pin female. Cool. The plug coming off of my clock spring on the Civic is a three prong Male....not so cool. Here's some pics...

Integra Female Connector..Note the two red wires

And Here's the Civic Connector from the clock spring....Note the three wires in the pic with the drop-light

What I'm looking to find out:
-Are the two red wires from the airbag both hot, and if not how do I know which is positive and negative?
-Why are there three wires in the civic Male side, and three prongs, when there is only two wires on the female (airbag) side?
-What is that third wire?
-Can this steering wheel be used and still retain SRS functionality?

If I can reatin my SRS system that would be ideal. Best I could figure is that both wires from the airbag are hot, and the third wire from the clock spring is a ground, in which case a simple connector swap should do the job, or even maybe an Integra clock spring. Understand my concern when I say I want to be 200% sure when splicing SRS wiring. I like my face. If anyone knows how to get this bad boy wired up properly I'd appreciate it. If anything, I did come across the thread about correcting the SRS light problem.

Thanks in advance

Modified by JayPrimo at 8:14 PM 3/25/2008

Modified by JayPrimo at 8:15 PM 3/25/2008
Old 03-26-2008, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Integra SIR-G Steering wheel into EG...SRS help... (JayPrimo)

bump, anyone?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Bump, C'mon guys, someone has to know how to install this with functional airbag
Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Same dilemma for people putting on 96-01 Integra steering wheels on 94-95 Integras.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1031766

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1890659
Old 03-26-2008, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Integra SIR-G Steering wheel into EG...SRS help... (BlueIntegraBoy)

I tried to pm you the other day, but since I'm on trial status they wouldn't let me. I saw you selling the same wheel and figured you may know the answer. Funny you should be the one to chime in.

So I can't get this to work just by re-pinning. And from what I could brainstorm and from what those other threads said, I would have to replace my SRS module, wiring, and clock spring....Great, Figures my luck. OK, thanks alot man, really appreciate the answer.

Modified by JayPrimo at 2:01 PM 3/26/2008