Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question

I already have a thread up asking this question but I'd like to make the answer a lot easier to research incase someone else is wondering the same thing.

We all know that integra springs are interchangeable with civics but is the advertised drop the same? An example is Tein's drop 1.7'' f / .9'' r. Considering all other real world variables to be constant ( i.e. pretend that there is no weight difference ), will the drop be what is advertised or will the difference on the strut sizes ( I've heard there is a difference ) make the real drop higher or lower when using integra springs on a civic?

ThAnK YoU!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question (FuNkDrSpOt)

HuH?!

There will be a difference because of the weight. If you are asking will it be the same if the civic weighed as much as the integra then I'm not sure. I would assume it wouldn't be because the integra struts are going to be a little stiffer due to the added weight.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question (SOHC4life 96)

I've heard that the struts on the teg are a little longer. That, and any other suspension related issues between the teg and civic that might affect ride height between the two.

Basically I run a 2740 lb. ej8 and I'm shopping for integra springs. Since a huge weight difference won't be present, im trying to find out if advertised teg spring drop rates will be higher or lower in reality.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Teg spring rates are always going to be higher than civic ones.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:56 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Ground Controls are currently stuck in one position. I have some H&R Sport springs for an integra and new AGX shocks for an Integra. Once I stop being a lazy bastard and install them, I'll post the results.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question (JDM_Ej)

why dont you run the civic koni yellows, with integra rate springs be it coil overs or springs,

but the reason i say koni is to mate with ground control coilovers and they have extend shock travel via extended top hats
Old 02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Teg spring rates are always going to be higher than civic ones. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
RTI

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HuH?!

There will be a difference because of the weight. If you are asking will it be the same if the civic weighed as much as the integra then I'm not sure. I would assume it wouldn't be because the integra struts are going to be a little stiffer due to the added weight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There will be a difference due to the weight of course, but struts being stiffer have nothing to do with ride height. Dampening being higher is a transient thing, only evident when the suspension is in motion. Ride height will not be affected by the dampening.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Teg spring rates are always going to be higher than civic ones. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this i know. I'm asking how much the drop will be affected by using teg springs and civic struts.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont you run the civic koni yellows, with integra rate springs be it coil overs or springs,

but the reason i say koni is to mate with ground control coilovers and they have extend shock travel via extended top hats </TD></TR></TABLE>

?What? Where did this info come from? What does this have to do with my question?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:25 PM
RTI

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this i know. I'm asking how much the drop will be affected by using teg springs and civic struts.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am pretty sure off the shelf gc spring rates for integras are 375f and 250r. For eg civics they are 325f and 250r. Someone correct me if i am wrong. This should give you some idea of the difference.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question (RTI)

omg, not one single person comment on the spring rates anymore. this is a thread dedicated to the AMOUNT OF DROP ONLY
Old 02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok you are worried about shock travel, get extended top hats.

Why dont you call some places!!! They will know. People on here will tell you what they like.

IF you run an integra spring in front with b18, the drop will be close to what a drop on an integra will be via omnipower who i called witha similar Questionl. The only reaso the drop may look different car to car is different fender to wheel gap.

If you run a street spring or track spring, height wont change, the ride will.

hope that helps...
Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok you are worried about shock travel, get extended top hats.

Why dont you call some places!!! They will know. People on here will tell you what they like.

IF you run an integra spring in front with b18, the drop will be close to what a drop on an integra will be via omnipower who i called witha similar Questionl. The only reaso the drop may look different car to car is different fender to wheel gap.

If you run a street spring or track spring, height wont change, the ride will.

hope that helps...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've already explained in another thread why I don't just call some places. There's nothing stopping them from telling me what they think is right. The reason why doing it on here is better is because there are a **** load of people im asking at once, not just one shop. I mean, expletive, this is called Honda-tech for a reason, i get on and ask technical questions. It's not Honda-defer or Honda-asksomeoneelse. If you dont know the answer, you don't have to post in my thread, thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok since your not finding a Q why dont you just go head and try **** out!!

Yea it sucks but youll know and can share your knowledge or be like other people and be a ddick and let other people find out for them selves

or maybe your thinking into this way more than you ought to be?
Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra 2 Civic spring swap drop question (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok since your not finding a Q why dont you just go head and try **** out!!

Yea it sucks but youll know and can share your knowledge or be like other people and be a ddick and let other people find out for them selves

or maybe your thinking into this way more than you ought to be?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I'm a full time student and I work. I don't depend on parents and I have my own place. Work and school accounts for anywhere between 60 and 80 hrs a week. That does not include DRIVING to school and work. So, any downtime or any unforseen expenditures is something I have to have worked out ahead of time. I can't just spend money to 'try some **** out'.

I probably am just thinking into this too much but, again, i figured it wouldn't be that hard for someone to give me a definite answer seeing as so many people run modded stuff. Oh well i guess I'll just keep this thread up and post what the results are when i finally get an answer.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:41 PM

integra is heavier than civic, lets just say that
so using common sense you should get your answer
Old 02-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZipTieGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">integra is heavier than civic, lets just say that
so using common sense you should get your answer</TD></TR></TABLE>

common sense also dictates you read a thread before responding. Then by using reading skills gained in 4th grade you would already know that <FONT COLOR="red"><FONT SIZE="4">We are not considering weight as a variable!!!!!!!</FONT></FONT>.

Then common sense would lead you to read a thread in whole next time before posting a smart *** remark only to be pwned. Thank you come again!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets try to figure this out and stay calm at the same time...haha...
Old 02-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets try to figure this out and stay calm at the same time...haha...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, i know. That's probably why no one is responding to my thread now . expletive it. I was trying to figure out if by buying the integra H-techs i would see 1.7'' like it says or, if due to a slight, insignificant difference in the strut size i would be seeing anywhere from 1.5''-1.9'' but I think I'm just going to go with the Eibach's since they're 1.3'' and just call it a day.