Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Individual Throttle Body for my D16

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Individual Throttle Bodies for my D16

Okay so I want to do an indvidual throttle body for my d16y7. I heard from someone that it is possible to do this. I have not come across any companys that make d16 individual throttle bodies but if you come across one please post it in this thread. Currently I have a 97 civic with a d16y7. I want to take the throttle bodies from a honda i-4 bike. I believe they will be perfect fit for a d-series because of their size. I then want to join the throttle bodies to a 88-91 dx/lx manifold, since this manifold doesnt have injector holes. Since these throttle bodies are from a honda the TPS sensor will plug in perfect. For the MAP and purge selinoid I will need a firewall mounted one as well as a firewall mounted IACV. I also, have to make sure my vaccum hoses are properly routed so I will not need a vaccum log also. Though i'm not sure if I can use peak and hold injectors from an integra, I'm not sure if I need a saturated type. If you have any ideas or suggestion please post them here. Also, if you come across any ITB for a d-series motor please post it here. Comments are greatly welcomed. Please BUMP this if you find this thread interesting. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out the current honda tuning magazine. they got a whole article on ITB for a d-series. good numbers too i believe they got 140ish to the wheels.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Individual Throttle Bodies for my D16 (wushubrian)

http://www.homemadeturbo.com

There are some write ups here on Honda-Tech if you use the search feature. Although none are for the d series its all the same concept. I think that the new honda tuning magazine has a write up for the d series ITBs though.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: (ntogethernow)

Is this for the honda tunning magazine that was january's issue?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wushubrian)

Yup, with the booted Lude on the cover
Old 01-24-2005, 07:52 AM

BUMP for anymore views or ideas??
Old 01-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what are you planning on using for tuning? ECU?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:11 AM

Is your engine modified in any other way? IS this ITB the first mod you are doing?

Just wondering.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: (Nova_Dust)

The motor was being built for a turbo setup but then i began looking at individual throttle bodies because i saw this guy with them on his s2000. I began researching them more and really like the power out puts that they put out. They just sound so mean when your driving. Plus they give out good power. As for what ecu i'm going to use, I am going to stick with my stock ecu and just get it tuned by a local performance shop.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 AM

i belive the GSX-R bikes are a perfect canididate the the size of bore for each TB. interested in ITB's too. much more efficient if done correctly.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you dont want a home made set up then read....

Contact pierce manifolds for a 88-00 civic/crx sohc sidedraft carburetor manifold.

Then, go on TWM's site, http://www.twminduction.com/Th....html

These are sidedraft style ITB's, within the dcoe/mikuni phh 44/dellorto dhla format. Meaning they have the same flange as a sidedraft carb, thus the need for the carburetor manifold.

They also have horns, etc.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Electrician

They made the ITBs off a GXSR bike. Hardly any modification needed on it. You do need the custom horns though. Everything else was pretty straight forward. But, you definitely need tuning, air/fuel controller, etc...They claimed a good increase quickly tuned with a V-AFC and claimed a good 25+whp completely tuned.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dimi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They made the ITBs off a GXSR bike. Hardly any modification needed on it. You do need the custom horns though. Everything else was pretty straight forward. But, you definitely need tuning, air/fuel controller, etc...They claimed a good increase quickly tuned with a V-AFC and claimed a good 25+whp completely tuned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tuning is teh key...

Curious if the car will be daily driven. i assume so...

you might want to do some more research on the subject, from what i have heard (no personal experience, although I was thinking about it myself at one time), that it is not the most friendly street setup...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:37 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jon V)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tuning is teh key...

Curious if the car will be daily driven. i assume so...

you might want to do some more research on the subject, from what i have heard (no personal experience, although I was thinking about it myself at one time), that it is not the most friendly street setup...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i am still thinking ifi want to do this also for my daily drivin mini me, if, u do put filters on the TB's it can really kill the performance, what other CONS are there to the Individual TB setup? jon v?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't discount carburetors if you would like individual throttle plates per cylinder, tuneable runner length, etc etc. Do some research on carburetion, and don't believe all the hype and myths about them, which always come from people who've never touched them.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:53 PM

i know this isnt classifieds but.............................
i have a 88 civic lx intake mani i cut off to make itb but i dont think im gonna complete the job ill sell them they are port matched for a 99 y7 head and machined to be round at the runners.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Individual Throttle Bodies for my D16 (gotboostedminime)

and gsxr tb are the way to go id stick with the 600 cause they are closest in size to the runners any larger is overkill
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: (ntogethernow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ntogethernow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check out the current honda tuning magazine. they got a whole article on ITB for a d-series. good numbers too i believe they got 140ish to the wheels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I picked up a copy of that magazine on my way home from work. I read the article over a few times. It has a lot of useful information. I've changed some of the plans for my ITB because of the article. Has a lot of useful points and clerifies the shady parts of making your own ITB. If you new to this though your going to need more info then what was in that magazine, but i highly recomend u pick up a copy.

Still looking for some more info on ITB
Old 01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wushubrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I picked up a copy of that magazine on my way home from work. I read the article over a few times. It has a lot of useful information. I've changed some of the plans for my ITB because of the article. Has a lot of useful points and clerifies the shady parts of making your own ITB. If you new to this though your going to need more info then what was in that magazine, but i highly recomend u pick up a copy.

Still looking for some more info on ITB</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, it was a pretty nice article. I love the shoutout to http://www.homemadeturbo.com