Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ignition Upgrades Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Upgrades Question

Search didn't help me too much...

I'm looking to upgrade my ignition. I found a few products from msd that I'm interested in:

MSD A6 ignition control
Blaster Coil
Modified Distributor

Anyone with any experience with these or can shed some light on whether or not this stuff is worth it at this point in my project...my mods are in my sig.

thanks!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:51 AM
HT Black Ops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition Upgrades Question (elevatethis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elevatethis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Search didn't help me too much...

I'm looking to upgrade my ignition. I found a few products from msd that I'm interested in:

MSD A6 ignition control
Blaster Coil
Modified Distributor

thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE> Well for one there is no reason at this point for you to upgrade your ignition, but that's up to you( I know I did mine when I had a basically stock VX motor, just because I remebered how much it help my fathers Superbee when he did it)

If your going to upgrade it with an MSD setup( the best IMO) Get the 6AL box, because it has ajustable rev control, so you don't have to worry about over reving your engine!

The coil choices from MSD are great! Witch ever one suits your taste/buget is good for your car...

Definatly get the MSD distributor cap, it looks alot cleaner the tapping the cap, and it's much less of a headache!

Have at it! I wish MSD made complete Dizzy's for Honda, like they do for the big 3....