Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I want someones opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want someones opinion

I have a 98 civic dx coupe that needs quite a bit done to it im talking from the paint job to the engine and some interior as well. What im debating on is wheather i should get rid of my civic or keep hookin it up. It is actually my first car that i bought with my own money I've also spent some money and time on my car. I have just got new tires , an axle, rotors and brakes for it. I have experimented with my car a little bit kuz i had no idea how to replace an axel and rotors but with some help from my brother, cousins, and dad i have installed them and its running good. If someone could put themselves in my position and let me know what they would do it would help alot. I have been wanting another civic with a sunroof but is a sunroof really worth getting rid of my car and do you think a dx would look tight ? I know i can install power windows but wouldn't it make my car heavier (I know if it does it couldn't be that much heavier) I have been thinking about it but im always changing my mind kuz I do like my car its just the condition it is in. Also i have no idea on what to start fixing first i was thinking the engine but my d engine will not put down horsepower like a ls or a ex not even close to an si i think. Can someone help me out.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: I want someones opinion (phaze01)

dude keep hooking it up

why are you complaining about a axle and rotors and brakes.

dude im 16 and i did a engine swap already and redid my front end.

To me my car is my life i love my car and its my first and i dont have a sunroof and i want one but [freak] it. install a aftermarket one.

to

From

to

looks better ill take pics tommarow

ohh and i got wheels

come on dude
have faith

Ohh also HOND-TECH IS GOLD!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I want someones opinion (ReactioN)

I agree with ReactioN. Keep your car, we all had to start somewhere. A sunroof will add more weight than power windows, and at the worst place the roof.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I want someones opinion (Fatchance187)

yeah everybody started somewhere. i gotten a 99 civic hb shell at a auction for 500 bucks. that thing was a mess. it was a theft recovery but i wanted to build a car from the bottom up. u bought it for a reason..u saw potential. building a car wont be a overnight thing it took me and my boy 3 months to get everything done. 3 LONG months of staying up to 4 am and waiting for parts to come in the next day.

i know it aint the greatest but i dont try to post up my ride on myspace or anything. if u want to have a nice car build it...some of these guys took a couple of years to build thiers...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I want someones opinion (phaze01)

I agree. Civics are great cars. Especially the way gas is now, you want to keep it. Once you get a little older and learn more about it it will be alot of fun. They are very cheap to work on compared to other cars and due to their lightweight they are a blast to drive with some nice suspension and a little power. Plus they good good too. I almost gave mine up but luckily everyone talked me out of it and Im glad I still have it. I always miss my car when I cant drive it for awhile.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Re: I want someones opinion (alphalanos)

Yeah you guys are right plus my bro is good with them if i need help with something all i need to do is ask that foo. I noticed that hondas are pretty easy to work on. IM going to start saving for my suspension a new engine could wait for a little while since i haven't made up my mind about what engine to get for my dx coupe anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:12 PM

Just so long as its not your DD keep going for it. Its a process and you will learn a lot, in the end the reward is worth the effort.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You keeping the car would depend (to me) what you would like to get out of the car.

What needs to be repaired?

Granted I'm picky as freak, but I see things I need to fix all the time. Then again I get a lot of compliments toward my car being in great shape. No matter my car's condition I will always see flaws in it that need attention. It could be anything from a broken a/c compressor to a dent in the quarter panel to scratches on an interior panel.

Anyway, it sounds you've already gotten some great memories out of your car, plus you've learnt from your time with it. If you sell it and get another similar car you might end up regretting it since you'll still see problems with the new car.