Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i need LSD

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need LSD

thats right...i never realized how valuable lsd is aside from launching your car.

i parked on a steep hill facing downhill this morning, and if you live in the tri state area you know it was cold as *****. anyway, when i came out to move my car, there was plenty of ice under one wheel and i couldnt move backwards at all. there were no cars behind me, but a nice benzo in front...every time i tried to get out of there with e-brake assist id be spinning one wheel and inching closer to the benzo's mint bumper...

ok long story short we got a shitload of hot water and melted the ice...but at that point we were late for class, but whatever

lsd for the win
Old 02-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: i need LSD (SoullessJapaneseMachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoullessJapaneseMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats right...i never realized how valuable lsd is aside from launching your car.

i parked on a steep hill facing downhill this morning, and if you live in the tri state area you know it was cold as *****. anyway, when i came out to move my car, there was plenty of ice under one wheel and i couldnt move backwards at all. there were no cars behind me, but a nice benzo in front...every time i tried to get out of there with e-brake assist id be spinning one wheel and inching closer to the benzo's mint bumper...

ok long story short we got a shitload of hot water and melted the ice...but at that point we were late for class, but whatever

lsd for the win </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah god, you're totally right.

I park on flat ground whenever I can to avoid **** like that (live in NY).

What do I recommend? sweatshirts and carpets O.O.

Yes, get traction under that wheel and tread lightly, has gotten me unstuck A LOT of times. Especially with my benz as that was a regular differential RWD . Another thing you might wanna try that I noticed works well is move that steering wheel back and forth, get it moving in different directions.

It can be a bitch sometimes and a lot of the time u really g2 drop the hammer to pop it loose, but if you're using a carpet or something as some kind of traction, tread lightly so you don't spit it ;(.

Hope that helps until you get ur LSD.

Personally I never park on hills, for starter I don't trust the tranny to hold my car there, and secondly, you're NEVER supposed to pull ur e-brake up in winter in cold weather here. The reason being is if snow/slush bounces up in to ur drums etc. while driving, then you park, pull up the e-brake, and go inside, when it hits night and hits freezing, that drum or caliper WILL freeze, and it'll be jammed on...so general rule of thumb in the tri-state area is to NEVER use ur e-brake in sub-0 temps after driving in slush/snow/rain. Though I never had the need to park on a hill in winter, etc. So I can't empathize, but as living in NY my whole life I definitely know all the tricks for getting unstuck both FWD and RWD .

Sometimes its worth it having to walk a bit so you can park on level ground.