Default I NEED HELP!!! CAR WONT START

alright honda tech members here i go

i have
98 honda civic hb
gsr motor
drag turbo set up with gt28rs
crome tuned

problem-

i attempted to put a msd digital 6 box but FAILED!

every thing started but my engine started to miss at low rpms...so i look at the msd box and realize that i had it set for 8 cylinders... so i quickly turn off the car and set it at #4...not knowing that it should be at #0...well n e way i turned off the car and tried to start it again but nothing!! engine cranks but no start! so then i took off the msd digital 6...but nothing still the same symptoms...i quickly went down to my local napa auto part store and bought a brand new coil and brand new ignitor...hoping that this would cause the problem...but nothing still same symptoms....cranks but doesnt start!! my fuel pump works because i can hear it go through the fuel rail...so im not sure what the hell is goin on?? i took out the spark plug and i noticed that the plugs were lil damped and smeld like gas... so idk if i flooded my engine with fuel...i then attempted to unflood my engine by pulling out my fuelpump fuse and cranking it for 4 sec 5x's but still no luck...
i also checked for spark but nothing!!

can somebody please help me....im going crazy... help me find out whats wrong with my car please!!!

mahalo from hawaii-justin
Old 01-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I NEED HELP!!! CAR WONT START (boostede46)

EEHHH... i feel your pain bro.. i too going threw crisis right now with my civic.. im going thur the same problems your having right now and i have no idea whats wrong with it ... i get no sparks my fuel pump doesnt hmmm my check engine light stays light i get a code 0 on my ecu i replaced it and still get a code 0 i have power going into my distributor but no power coming back out..... damn i wish there was like a easy button like staples have for cars.. just press it and BOOM.. car is fix
Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 PM

wow!!!
ummmm tell a friend to turn the key on butnot crank it and but you ear over the gas cap and you should hear the fuel pump.
if it works??
then buy a spark plug tester at sears for like 10 buck or a 5 finger disscount lol
just put it on the spark plug wire and ground it and have somebody crank the engine and the light should turn on every time it want to fire.
if it does not turn on you have a bad dizzy
just have it on a shade so you can see the lil light
an if it turn on the check the compression
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!! CAR WONT START (jdmmostwanted)

dude then your coil is maybe bad!
you need to replace the great old dizzy
a lot of dizzy's go bad on hondas
Old 01-22-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!! CAR WONT START (juanintec)

ehh but i did that like 3 times with new distributors... and i sold all 3 of them for 100 bucks and this guy tried them on his car and they all work fine!.... so i kno i dont have distributor problems... WHAT DA hell IS THE PROBLEM HEREEEEEEE
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know my coil is good because i just bought a new one....got a brand new icm...still the same ****...does having gas in the chambers have anything to do with my situation??

dizzy?? dang...man...n e more suggestions??
main relay??
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

compression test?? why so...everything was perfectly fine....i only idle the car on the msd for only 15 mins max!! do you really think i expletiveed up something serious???
Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 PM

Default Re: (boostede46)

compression test? .... okie im a noob so can someone please tell me how to do that test? cause i did paper clip test and got code 0 cause my CEL light didnt even blink so i guess that means code 0
Old 01-22-2008, 11:47 PM

hey man i had the same prob few months back trying to do the msd box. same exact thing. heres what i found: blown ignition fuse, which is the 50a block in the box. being dumb and curious i jumped the fuse and when i tried to start again, i found out that i had actually fried my ignition wiring running all the way to the positive side of the coil. so i rebuilt the wiring and tossed the msd and presto: motor magic. check to see if you didn't blown any fuses or fry any wires.

but in the mean time i have my own dilemma to deal with. im on my 3rd distributor and a worse starting problem that im gettin stumped on. if anyone can help me out please feel free to post: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2205271
Old 01-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!! CAR WONT START (RunninEg6)

hmmm okay...so how did you repair the ignition wire?? what wire is that?? dang, wish you couldve gone to more detail...lmk bro thanks...i dont think n e of my fuses went bad... but who knows..... ill go double check..thanks for the response tho...

so you didnt have to buy a new distributor?? you just repaired the "ignition wire"?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys found the problem it was my ignition fuse #9...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:46 PM

did you check your fuses? lol
Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 AM

blown ign fuse. i was right. good thing u didnt do what i did after that and fry any wires. thats more of pain in the *** than u need to deal with. and i would've answered sooner going into details but since im new to this site i can only post 5 a day
Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh man thanks again....haha... i knew it was something simple....its just that my under dash fuse diagram was all scratched up...haha...i thought i saw a IGNITION COIL fuse, but since it was all scratched up it just looked like it said "OIL"... haha... so i went and looked for a fuse diagram online and sure enough it was "IGNITION COIL" rather than "OIL" haha...thanks again!!!

now i need to find out how to rig up my 2 step....but ill start a new thread....hahaha thanks again!!!