Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

i got a sol

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got a sol

Sup guys just bought a 1997 Del Sol S yesterday...... and i was cleaning it up today and my bro mentioned to me that the wheel are all 4 lug is their a conversion out that converts them to 5 lug or can i just take the axles off of a 97 civic and replace em?? I know i shoulda used the search thing but maybe next time thanx in advance...

A few more things does anyone know if you can put power steering on the 97 sol-s or if it already had it

I did find some brackets on the intake manifold and the alternator that wasnt connected to any thing whats supposed to go there.....

Are their any aftermarket black out headlights out fer the sols?????

go ta set of subs that i can set in my trunk but i cant find anywhere to get the wires to the front of the car does anyone know where i can send them thru?

The honda badges on the del sol do they come off with out leaving holes in the car or what cuz ive taken all the other ones off cept fer those cuz i dont know if it will look right
Old 10-16-2004, 02:00 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: i got a sol (97SilverSol)

you can put 5 lug from an ITR. it bolts right up.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sup guys just bought a 1997 Del Sol S yesterday...... and i was cleaning it up today and my bro mentioned to me that the wheel are all 4 lug is their a conversion out that converts them to 5 lug or can i just take the axles off of a 97 civic and replace em?? I know i shoulda used the search thing but maybe next time thanx in advance...

-If you want a 5-Lug Conversion just get one from a 97+ ITR there are tons of places online that sells them.

A few more things does anyone know if you can put power steering on the 97 sol-s or if it already had it

-You shold already have it, i took mine out in the summer and too lazy too put it back in, but its not bad without it.

I did find some brackets on the intake manifold and the alternator that wasnt connected to any thing whats supposed to go there.....

-What kind of Brackets are you talking about? PICS?

Are their any aftermarket black out headlights out fer the sols?????

-Yes I am pretty sure there are but not very like on this board. Its your car do what you like to it.
Here are some helpful sites for sol owners:
http://www.teamdelsol.com
http://www.teamsolcal.com

go ta set of subs that i can set in my trunk but i cant find anywhere to get the wires to the front of the car does anyone know where i can send them thru?

-I'm almost certain there is when you take off the panels on both sides, but never installed speakers in my trunk before. I have seen it done tho.

The honda badges on the del sol do they come off with out leaving holes in the car or what cuz ive taken all the other ones off cept fer those cuz i dont know if it will look right

-Both honda emblems on the car have mounting holes for them. Hope that helps. The only advice i can tell you is stay away from rice, there are already enough sol's put there that are rice'd out! If you need a definition of "RICE" im pretty sure someone would be happy to tell you.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:39 PM

i made my del sol 5 lug look[IMG][/IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\100_0740.jpg
Old 10-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually I'm pretty sure there aren't any aftermarket headlights for the del sol, only taillights. You can get a nice pair of jdm one piece headlights from jhpuse.com.

Del Sol S didn't come with power steering. Who wants it anyway? Can't turn as quick but you feel more attached to the road and it's a good work out in parking lots, especialy with a smaller aftermarket steering wheel.

Be watching http://www.delslow.com, a site I'm working on

oh, and yes you can wire speakers into the back, how you think they wire the trunk and brake lights? Just trace them up front.

Yes taking off the badges will leave two holes each, aren't you proud of your honda though?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:49 PM

Thanx fer all the help guys.. im glad i found this website and i hope to hear and learn alot from you guys..... Im loving the car and im goin to get pics of it soon but whats the point its a stock silver del sol no spoiler, sohc, greddy counterweight shift **** and a new cd player
Old 10-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97SilverSol)

trade me... I have a 1995 with a b18b1.. it has power steering, cruise, all brackets connected, and 5-lug spinner hubcaps

j/k.. good luck with the sol... Try and keep it clean..