Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hydro to cable conversion rear t mount bracket??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydro to cable conversion rear t mount bracket??

I am running a 93 gsr lsd tranny in my 95 del sol just got everything together and worked all the problems and i am wondering what t bracket people have used or do i have to make one! i am using the innovative cable to hydro kit no problems mounting tranny or slave but i am having a problem with getting any more than 1 bolt in on the t mount besides the one thru the rear mount and the bottom bolt on the transmission. the cable mount is too short to reach the motor from where it bolts from and does not fit over the eg mount. its the only thing keeping me from getting my swap on the road!

and i know people like to hate on the cable trans in the hydro chassis but id rather use my cable lsd trans that i know is good rather than go buy a questionable hydro trans that doesnt have lsd. let me know if you have an answer to my question!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hydro to cable conversion rear t mount bracket??

the t bracket goes along with the chassis. use a EG/DC mount. You may have to persuade the motor into place by having someone pull it one way or another.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the 2 mounts bolt to the trans diffrently the mounting locations
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, crap, I don't know. I'd have to say Duck Tape it.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you tried using the stock da mount?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CapnKrunch
I know people like to hate on the cable trans in the hydro chassis but id rather use my cable lsd trans that i know is good rather than go buy a questionable hydro trans that doesnt have lsd. let me know if you have an answer to my question!
I know I say this a lot, but you could have just picked up a junked hydro tranny and used the case. '92 - '93 Integra cable transmission guts drop right into a hydro case.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
Well, crap, I don't know. I'd have to say Duck Tape it.
haha thats what holds everything in the navy together, kinda scary but if its good enough for a submarine youd think id be good enough for a honda right? haha.

but got my motor and tranny in finally fixed it with breaking the nut off the t mount that mounts to the block and drilling it out wider. i had to run 17mm bolts though instead of the 19 in the hydro t braket, and was only able to line up 1 bottom bolt on tranny so it is mounted to 3 points instead of 4 but still works.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
I know I say this a lot, but you could have just picked up a junked hydro tranny and used the case. '92 - '93 Integra cable transmission guts drop right into a hydro case.
I also hear this alot... i dont think im quite ready to mess with tearing apart a tranny yet never f'd with em and never really thought id need to. but i kept the cable case cuz it cost 140 for the kit, and itd cost 175 for a local shop to swap case and then id also have to purchase a case so as far as money i did it for cheaper, but for the time to figure out and pain in the *** it was to do the conversion i should have went hydro but at least i keep my ys1 oem lsd .
Old 09-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im almost done too and this also was a problem.. there is no "BOLT/Drop IN and go " solution the raer bracket must be slightly modified because the bottom part hits the trans.. it u lookm at both brackets one is flat where it bolts to the trans and one is curve ... soo shave the tranny down or modify the bracket like i did or shave down a piece of the treanny.... second part will be the back mount wont reach the bracket by like half an inch and will pull back on the driver side motor mount... the back motor mount mounting holes for the bolts must be "ovaled) out with a grinder or drill and moved foward.. if u stop and stare at everything for like 3 hours like i did u will see how many thing must be ****ed with to have the motor sitting STOCK AND HAVE EVERYTHING LOOK OEM.... i went as far to swap out the pedal assembly and drill a hole for the cluth cable and remove ALL the hydraulic lines... pm me for any info i would be gald to help.. i have a 99 dc2 gsr if it helps but i kno EGs are exaclty the same story