Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do you install Parking Poles????

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you install Parking Poles????

how do you install the parking poles and are they really worth it??

Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles???? (hafaadaiteg)

No, because we don't have tiny parking spaces here and most of out population can actually drive worth a ****.

And to be truly "JDM" you'd had to mount it on the drivers side, which would be useless to you.

it's the ugliest Eyesore of JDM bling I've ever seen. It screams "I can't park!"

Old 05-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles???? (ek forever guy)

And you look like an idiot having that on there.. If you can't park, pull up as close as you care to. set parking brake, put car in neutral and physically check how much room you have .
Old 05-22-2007, 11:37 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles???? (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, because we don't have tiny parking spaces here and most of out population can actually drive worth a ****.

And to be truly "JDM" you'd had to mount it on the drivers side, which would be useless to you.

it's the ugliest Eyesore of JDM bling I've ever seen. It screams "I can't park!"</TD></TR></TABLE>
It does not have to do with not being able to drive. Some people, including many asian people, are too short to see the far front corner of their car. This can make parking difficult, especially when in the cramped parking found in Japan.

And to be correct you would put it on the passenger side. If you have RHD, that means you'd put it on the left side. If you have a LHD car then it'd go on the right. If you're that hung up on being JDM then you'd already have a RHD car.

It's an interesting optional part. Sadly though most people get them for JDM bling points rather than being an actual functional part.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles????

http://www.clubcivic.com/board...90679

If you don't like the parking pole that's fine, but please don't turn this thread into a flame-fest.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles???? (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.clubcivic.com/board...90679

If you don't like the parking pole that's fine, but please don't turn this thread into a flame-fest. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I thought they were along the lines of the old curb feelers you can put on the wheel well to tell where the curb is . Just a retractable version. Neat idea I don't think I would put one on my car.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles???? (hafaadaiteg)

You can always go to passwordjdm.com and look up the EG nose clips. They come with the bumper, head/corner lights, fogs(yellow and real), rad support, possibly a radiator and you can spend the extra money and get the ones with the parking pole if you so desire.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:36 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh, and for those who think they're just for people who "can't drive", go check out the front end of a few Freightliners.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: How do you install Parking Poles???? (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And to be correct you would put it on the passenger side. If you have RHD, that means you'd put it on the left side. If you have a LHD car then it'd go on the right. If you're that hung up on being JDM then you'd already have a RHD car.

It's an interesting optional part. Sadly though most people get them for JDM bling points rather than being an actual functional part.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, when I said driver's side I ment being the left side, which is is where the japanese wold mount it. Diagonally to the front from the driver's seat. Being the furthest part of the from bumper from them.

And he did ask if it was worth it. Just giving my opinion.