Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how do i know if my wheel bearing is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i know if my wheel bearing is bad?

recently i replaced my rear trailing arm and lower control arm and swapped everything else over. Now when i drive the car it vibrates and the rear feels bumpy. I jack the rear up and spin the rear that i ad recently replaced the trailing arm and it wobbles! I take off the drum and then the bearing but nothing seems wrong with it. I also tried moving the bearing from side to side and it seems to be seated comfortable. should i replace the wheel bearing?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: how do i know if my wheel bearing is bad? (project civic)

Jack the car up and shake the wheels chances are if it moves the wheels bearring is shot. Thats the best i could come up with or just drive and if the car shoots all over the road at high speed that could tell you also!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jack it up, spin the wheel while holding the coil spring. if the bearing is bad it will feel real rough. you can do both sides to see if one feels differant. only other way to know is if it has play.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: how do i know if my wheel bearing is bad? (project civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">recently i replaced my rear trailing arm and lower control arm and swapped everything else over. Now when i drive the car it vibrates and the rear feels bumpy. I jack the rear up and spin the rear that i ad recently replaced the trailing arm and it wobbles! I take off the drum and then the bearing but nothing seems wrong with it. I also tried moving the bearing from side to side and it seems to be seated comfortable. should i replace the wheel bearing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That doesn't sound like a bearing to me...sounds more like you might have bent the spindle somehow...