Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to adjust e-brake cables????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 05:45 AM
memoryFAB.com representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to adjust e-brake cables????

after doing my brake swap, i could get the ebrake cable braket to line up with the holes that it requires?? is there any way to adjust that spring to pull the bracket down to line up properly?? as of right now i dont have much of a parking brake!! thanxx for the help... oh oh and its a EG hatch!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:19 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: how to adjust e-brake cables???? (spock_rocker)

17 views and no replies so I'll help you out.

Ok, so when you did the install, you said you had to loosen the bracket to get the cables to fit? That's fine. Once you get to the point where the cables are installed correctly, but losely on the bracket, all you'll have to do is tighten the cable by turning the nut attached to the cable. Tighten it so that it only takes about 7-9 clicks for the brakes to lock up fully. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: how to adjust e-brake cables???? (litterbox)

Yup, on mine theres a nut to adjust which is covered by the boot normally. Everything else sounds right to me too.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:11 AM

is that the nut that is in the center of the braket? i assumed it was but i didn't want to hack at it with out a second opinion, also will that make it loose enough to pull down on the bracket enough to get it back in place? thanxx
Old 06-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is that the nut that is in the center of the braket? i assumed it was but i didn't want to hack at it with out a second opinion, also will that make it loose enough to pull down on the bracket enough to get it back in place? thanxx</TD></TR></TABLE>Yes, you'll need to loosen it enough so that you can get your cable secured in place and the bracket in place. The best way is to keep the bracket bolted in (don't mess with it) then loosen the nut and get the cable hooked in, then just tighten the nut.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:01 AM

Yup, thats eactly what you do.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:54 PM

well thats the problem, i unbolted the ebrake cable bracket when i dismantled the stock cables. i have the integra cables in place but my problem is i cant get the bracket to line back up where it was when i started, so i didn't know if i could adjust that nut in order to releave the tension to move the bracket back... if that make since.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:56 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well thats the problem, i unbolted the ebrake cable bracket when i dismantled the stock cables. i have the integra cables in place but my problem is i cant get the bracket to line back up where it was when i started, so i didn't know if i could adjust that nut in order to releave the tension to move the bracket back... if that make since. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Ya that makes sense. Try and loosen it now, if it STILL doesn't reach far enough then loosen the other end that attaches it to the actual brakes.