Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com

Hi I am interesting in ditching my sohc..hehe...yep...i guess i have to change my name to Dohc Driver now..he he...but anyways...i was wondering if everyone who have experience in ordering motors from either Hondamotorsonline or JDMhondaparts or JayDM....I want to get my swap soon..but i want opinions...i don't want to get screwed on shipping....or getting a motor that is just crap....or messed up...anyone who have had problems or good info about their motors and shipping would be very helpful....Thanks in Advance

Khoi
Old 07-19-2002, 04:18 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (Sohc Driver)

JDMhondaparts
Old 07-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (Sohc Driver)

I got my motor from jdmhondaparts.com and i am happy with it it was in great shape .. their customer service was shitty but we have already covered that ... turns out jhp orderes their engines from a company in florida called easy find parts out of jacksonville florida I paid an extra 200 bucks becuase i didnt order from them Justin moore is their sales rep .. .you can save some money if you call them first ... just my opinion i could be wrong
Old 07-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (JDM_SIR_II)

Here check this thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=50010

I got mine at hondamotorsonline and am extremely satisfied with it.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (blackANESE)

Thanks for the link man!! And thanks for the replies that have come thus far...

Khoi
Old 07-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sohc, in N Little Rock, AR, there is a reliable source of engines out there, complete DROPOUTS!

Called AA Auto? or AAA Auto, look em up.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (JDM_SIR_II)

... turns out jhp orderes their engines from a company in florida called easy find parts out of jacksonville florida
The only "easy thing" I found in Jacksonville is:

Easy Auto Sales
(904) 725-1979 8249 Beach Blvd
Jacksonville, FL Map

dunno if it is the one you were talking about!

Try also Import Auto Salavage!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (SpoonSportsEF7)

JDMhondaparts
Old 07-19-2002, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (eg_nezay)

Hondamotorsonline OWNZ! One of the best customer experiences of my life. BTW I think jdmhp gets their motors from HMOL. I could be wrong tho.
Old 07-20-2002, 02:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (trustsi)

anyone buy any engines from jaydm.com? im just wondering.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (92_GSRhatch)

yeah...im wondering the same thing
Old 02-03-2003, 11:34 PM

i have a lot of 1st gen complete swaps right now, b16s..2nd as well..h22a's etc.. Please pm for some more info, they are complete clips, everything is intact and in great shape,.. Full front clips, Thanks
Old 02-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (defc0n)

bump for the "infamous" old school racer bud.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (defc0n)

http://www.jaydm.com

john takes care of folks (no overpriced stuff either)

Old 02-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (JaeOne3345)

i also bought from them. i recommend them to anyone out there.

[Modified by j-r0cK, 2:30 AM 2/4/2003]
Old 02-04-2003, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (j-r0cK)

i got my gsr from hmotorosonline....very very clean engine, 100% satisfaction from me
Old 02-04-2003, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (shorty)

I might be partial to Japan Direct http://www.usedengine.com But i do work there. The only thing that i can say about buying elsewhere is to pay for it with a credit card so you have a back up plan if you do not get what you want.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:44 AM

just a quick ? How much was shipping on your gsr swap? from say like hmotors or jdmhonda?
Old 02-04-2003, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (trustsi)

Hondamotorsonline OWNZ! One of the best customer experiences of my life. BTW I think jdmhp gets their motors from HMOL. I could be wrong tho.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (TheRedSkoolingBus)

hahaha where do you get your false information from? I'm sure JHP does not buy their motors from HMO through my personal dealings with both shops. I went to shop for an ITR motor swap about 4 or 5 months ago and went to HMO to check out the 2 ITR swaps they had in stock...when i arrived there they didnt even have 1 to show me. They said it would be about a week and a half before they restocked. They asked me if i was serious about the swap? I said yes I am very serious. They asked me to leave a deposit for and that they would contact me as soon as it came in. I told them I was gonna shoot over to JHP to see if they had any in stock. Then this one hispanic guy got kinda upset and said JHP motors are crap. I was like damn I guess..I mean how was i suppose to react to that. So anyways I went over there to check out the shop and ask about the ITR swaps. Then they said i would have to follow a driver to their other wherehouse like 5 mins away, i was like fine lets go. They had 4 ITR swaps in stock...2 96/97's and 1 98 and 1 00. I was only interested in the 96/97 because thats all i really had money for + an ITR 4-1 header. I asked if they could match HMO, but they said they could not do so because they didnt have it in stock. So asked for a better deal on the header. They suggested if i paid a little more i would get the 4-1+heatshields+the 4.785 trans. I ended up spending $5450 in cash on the 98 Spec R swap. Well anways I had cash in hand, does that tell you that i was serious?? I just got kinda offended by HMO by the way they asked me if i was serious about the swap and that they told me they had 2 in stock when they had nothing. At least i can say JHP gave me better customer service, even though they couldnt price match on the 96/97 motors. Now that i look at the prices for motors i noticed that JHP prices are a little bit lower than HMO's.
So anyways, if HMO sells to JHP why would they say JHP motors are crap and customers have probs with their motors from them. It doesnt make any sense if HMO distributes to JHP, cuz that would mean both parties are losing out on a sale. But the motor i got from JHP was super clean and runs a low 13 in my EK.
By saying "I think blah blah blah" means you're making an ASSumption, making ASSumptions can mean you're making an *** of yourself in the end.
Just getting my 2 cents in.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:24 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (JDMbong)

Well i did recive a B16 sir2 Swap from JDMHONDAPARTS.COM and I was Very unhappy with it!

Axles busted, Missing sensors, Busted Mounts, List goes on.....

I have seen a HMOTORSONLINE.COM engine Personaly and it was Super Clean!

Eric
Old 02-07-2003, 07:03 PM
New User

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (rainmanEK)

im not a big fan of the motor we got from JDMhondaparts. the motors we got from HMO were good, steve is a really good guy, just VERY busy
Old 02-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (rainmanEK)

I shop at jdmhondaparts.com quite often but when it came to buying a swap I chose Hondamotorsonline.com for my big purchase.

HMO carries USDM motors......JHP doesnt.

I wanted a US spec R motor in clean shape and Steve came through. It was $3800 for a 99+ GSR motor or $6000 for a clean US ITR motor with 7K miles and a DC header......I showed up to check the motors out.

Steve himself met me and went over pricing and such. While I cant say I would pay that much for a swap ever again my experience with Steve was good. He gave me what I wanted and eventually cleared up a few issues that arose.

All the sensors worked, the motor looked brand new (**** even the gaskets looked new on the intake mani) he even gave me a 98 spec ecu so I could ditch the immobilzer in the 00 ecu for free.

But dealing with both shops and a few others that know Steve, there is some unresolved drama between shops. Whether or not the drama is founded its not my business all I can say is if you know what you want and know what your supposed to get with your swap you will save yourself headaches.

In all honesty I would rather build a 2.0L VTEC with an ITR block and crank than buy a swap...it costs a little more going into it but you can purchase individual parts one at a time instead of 3G's plus for something you will modify anyway

Thats just my opinon having gone from a 16.7 to a 13.6 and droping EK.....with an Intake and the header that came with the swap from Steve

USDM = I would go to Steve or HAP recycling.
JDM = Elton Lo at Raclinedevelopment.com <----- He did my swap and carries good motors for reasonable prices and can swap them in the same day while you wait (if your ever in Cali check out his shop....a trip down Honda memory lane)

I still and will continue to shop at Sheng's place.....the crew there knows whats up and Will gets a from me.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com (bakasan)

do you know about how much a can get an ls swap from IAS or maybe there number thanks!

[Modified by EG_HB, 4:40 AM 2/8/2003]
Old 02-07-2003, 08:20 PM

i believe you are wrong, i called that company out in Florida and asked them just out of curiousity, they said they never even heard of jdmhondaparts....i believe you are misinformed.

Quick Reply: Hondamotorsonline.com, JDMhondaparts.com, and JayDM.com