Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda window visors vs. knockoffs

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda window visors vs. knockoffs

Hello, I'm looking to buy some window visors for my em1 and I'm curious about what the differences are for the knockoffs anf for the honda oem ones. I know the honda ones clip on and the others are taped on but are there any differences in how they appear? Or anything?
Also, if anyone has an pictures that would be great too

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 PM

window visor almost all the same...honda ones intend to pop out or flare out more..and some other brands are just a like a cover tape on your doors.
i went with the autozone brand..cost me $35 buck and it looks good...use your money wisely..it does matter..
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for you help, gansin. I was curious if you had any pictures? I just heard that there was placement differences, so I'm trying to see how it works out
Old 08-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (inaety)

I've gone only with OEM visors for my cars. Reason is because of the clip on install. After a while (years down the line), the double stick tape will come off. Plus, the OEM visors seem to be of better quality plastic IMO. OEM seems thicker and 'glossier' than aftermarket. Seen too many cracked or broken aftermarket visors.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

Ah, I see. Well I've heard things both ways. I just didn't know if there was an issue with placement? I think the stick ons stick a little higher than the OEM clips
Old 08-22-2008, 03:09 PM

I have the double-stick tape aftermarket ones(avs i believe). They also slip into a channel above the window; i feel like it looks cleaner, attaches more securely, and the tape isnt stuck the outside of my door.. cost me like $70
Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda window visors vs. knockoffs (inaety)

I really like the weathertech brand visors because they don't use any tape or screws to install. They fit into the window channel of your doors. I haven't had any problems with them for the past year and I think they look great.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just bought inchannel visors, I'll install them soon and let everyone know how it goes. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda window visors vs. knockoffs (seadonkeyraypiss)

seadonkeyraypiss,

Do you have any pictures of your car with the visors? thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont have a cam but heres an old pic of how the weathertech visors look on my car.. i like the weather tech ones. i have the honda visors on my rsx and i personally dont think they cut the air as well. ash flying back at me when im driving happens lol

http://i129.photobucket.com/al...1.jpg
Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh good, because those are inchannel and I bought inchannel. Thanks for the help althought I'm looking for an ek.

But good looking on the eg, thanks man!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same difference..
Old 08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

definitely. oh do they block water well?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have weathertech too and they are really nice. I do get a couple drops leak through on my driver side but thats probably because of my old weather stripping. The best part is they lack screws/tape/clips.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do they look alphalanos? Have any pics? I want to see them on an ek, ej, em1, etc
Old 08-22-2008, 09:41 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inaety &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello, I'm looking to buy some window visors for my em1 and I'm curious about what the differences are for the knockoffs anf for the honda oem ones. I know the honda ones clip on and the others are taped on but are there any differences in how they appear? Or anything?
Also, if anyone has an pictures that would be great too

Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Aftermarket ones are often HUGE compared to the slim Honda ones. Aftermarket can come as stick on or channel mounted. The Honda ones have tiny screws that hold on tiny clips which sit in the rubber seal along the top of the window on the door.

The stick on ones also have a tendency to fly off of cars (so I've had customers tell me).
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've gone only with OEM visors for my cars. Reason is because of the clip on install. After a while (years down the line), the double stick tape will come off. Plus, the OEM visors seem to be of better quality plastic IMO. OEM seems thicker and 'glossier' than aftermarket. Seen too many cracked or broken aftermarket visors.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That reminds me. I saw a car driving down the road the other day (towards me). It had something on it's roof, but I couldn't figure it out until it was close. It's moonroof visor had broken cleanly in two and only the passenger side remained on the car.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seadonkeyraypiss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really like the weathertech brand visors because they don't use any tape or screws to install. They fit into the window channel of your doors. I haven't had any problems with them for the past year and I think they look great.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Besides that the Honda ones are sort of a pain to install, the hardware makes little difference. The biggest issue is probably that you can lose the tiny screws very easily.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oem &gt; everything else when it comes to quality...

so is really up to you what you wanna run...

theres always that trade of with cheapness and quality... if ones goes down/up the other one does too....