Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HONDA theft proof????

this is how I make sure no ones steals my hatch

Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thGen19
so any ideas on the 240sx guys? lol. The only reason im not 2 convinced on a 240 is becus they dont have the vibe or the seen that honda does and im just not sure =(
My concern with the 240SX is that if the car has ever been modified or owned by anyone young, I'd be afraid someone would have been out drifting it. I see too many 240SXes in my area that have turned from decent daily drivers into discusting heaps. Quarter panel and fender damage, replacement bumpers in various colors.

So unless you can find a stock one (which will cost money), I'd steer clear.

I only buy stock cars though.

Oh, and screw the "vibe". That "vibe" is going to get really old when you can't go to work or pick up something to eat late at night without ******** trying to race you or otherwise screw with you in traffic or without getting pulled over because you "drive a racecar".

Go drive a bunch of different cars and figure out what YOU like. If you figure out that a Mazda Miata is just a blast to drive or that VW Cabrio is a great deal for a convertible (plus it attracts girls), then just go ahead. Screw what anyone else thinks of the cars.

Take into consideration what people say if it might make sense, but weed out the "gay", "slow", etc. comments.
Originally Posted by spAdam
This is the best piece of advice. It also allows you to take your time and build a much nicer car since you're never under the gun to get it put back together to drive to work the next morning.
I absolutely love this about having a daily. I had a bolt break off within the frame and didn't have to worry about getting the car on the road b ythe next day for work.
well here is where my problem comes in. im 17 and done with school. this is my only car im not going to have a camry or lexus to drive on the side whille my eg hatch is sitting outside of movie threaters, peoples houses, my house, stores,malls,etc etc etc. i mean shiiit i might as well Pull my motor out and put it in my pocket ever time i go some where lmfao.
Dude, we don't drive glamorous daily drivers. I don't drive a freaking Lexus. I daily a '93 Accord sedan. The perfect daily driver is something you don't have to worry about damaging (like cart bumps - not totaling the car), you can find replacement parts easy (common cars have cheaper replacement parts and more salvage available) but will still drive you around comfortably.

A daily doesn't need to cost a lot of money.

Hell, if you can find a good daily, you could even build off a shell for the fun car (which sounds awesome to me, but maybe not to everyone).
Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
I absolutely love this about having a daily. I had a bolt break off within the frame and didn't have to worry about getting the car on the road b ythe next day for work.

Dude, we don't drive glamorous daily drivers. I don't drive a freaking Lexus. I daily a '93 Accord sedan. The perfect daily driver is something you don't have to worry about damaging (like cart bumps - not totaling the car), you can find replacement parts easy (common cars have cheaper replacement parts and more salvage available) but will still drive you around comfortably.

A daily doesn't need to cost a lot of money.

Hell, if you can find a good daily, you could even build off a shell for the fun car (which sounds awesome to me, but maybe not to everyone).
haha yeah I have a 98 saturn for my dd dentproof ftw! and as much as i hate the damn thing, It hasnt been much a problem at all, just random regular maintence.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:12 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Oh, and screw the "vibe". That "vibe" is going to get really old when you can't go to work or pick up something to eat late at night without ******** trying to race you or otherwise screw with you in traffic or without getting pulled over because you "drive a racecar".
I am that *******, haha. I had some dumbass with a Y7, rotas and a cherry bomb try to bitch me out because he sucked at shifting and was "vibe." Don't dress like a rockstar if you aren't a rockstar bro, haha.

haha yeah I have a 98 saturn for my dd dentproof ftw! and as much as i hate the damn thing, It hasnt been much a problem at all, just random regular maintence.
That composite stuff they do is sweeeeeeet.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember when I first got my 94 civic it was all jacked up broken front bumper with that foam thing showing hood half broken off and the half still there had a white plastic hood scoop and plastic vents on some shitty universal rims and within the first week while I had new parts coming in someone still tried to break into it for the ancient *** cd player it had in it. Musta been an amateur cause they broke out my door handle completely and probably gave up. Bastards..
Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by SpecialBrownie
I am that *******, haha. I had some dumbass with a Y7, rotas and a cherry bomb try to bitch me out because he sucked at shifting and was "vibe." Don't dress like a rockstar if you aren't a rockstar bro, haha.
I enjoy modifying my car. I enjoy driving my car. I don't like street racing. I don't like ******** in traffic endangering others, others' property and the flow of traffic.

Just because I want to modify my car ("dress like a rockstar") doesn't mean I want to do stupid crap like street race ("be a rockstar").

One doesn't have to do with the other 100%. They are two different things.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@above well thats the thing im not 100% sure im even gona get the hang of drifting, Also tires cost a fortune. I mean idk man i guess the only reason i like hondas so much is becouse im 17 and hispanic. thats about it lol. I love the look of a honda when blasting spanish music then again drag racing is hella fun on a saterday night. But i dont wanna get a 240 and then not be part of the scene.Im not even sure 240sx are good drag cars but w/e.... U know how when u see another honda on the streets u guys look at each other like whats realy good? (no homo) I dont wana be in my 240 and not be part of that crowd but i dont wanna get a hatch and be worried about my 2 thousand dollor car sitting out side. ******* thieves need to go start boosting beamers and hummers and stop touching hondas U_U.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@above well thats the thing im not 100% sure im even gona get the hang of drifting, Also tires cost a fortune. I mean idk man i guess the only reason i like hondas so much is becouse im 17 and hispanic. thats about it lol. I love the look of a honda when blasting spanish music then again drag racing is hella fun on a saterday night. But i dont wanna get a 240 and then not be part of the scene.Im not even sure 240sx are good drag cars but w/e.... U know how when u see another honda on the streets u guys look at each other like whats realy good? (no homo) I dont wana be in my 240 and not be part of that crowd but i dont wanna get a hatch and be worried about my 2 thousand dollor car sitting out side. ******* thieves need to go start boosting beamers and hummers and stop touching hondas U_U.
its the path of least resistance. hondas are easy to steal, bimmers arent...
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are 240sx easy to steal?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure how easy they are to steal, but the 240sx isn't among the top 10 stolen cars. Sadly, the EG is number 1.

fm
Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I enjoy modifying my car. I enjoy driving my car. I don't like street racing. I don't like ******** in traffic endangering others, others' property and the flow of traffic.
I wouldn't say I'm the only one endangering if he took the bait. Besides, I'm not about to kill myself over something so trivial, take it with a grain of salt or think I'm just a jackass but I made sure there wasn't traffic around me when I baited the gullible ricer, it was like midnight, anyone out that late with a ricer is asking for trouble. I don't go faster than 10 over really, I just slow down and then accelerate and see what the other person has and then talk at a stop light and give credit if credit is due. He was a dick who was whining, so boo hoo ricer.

Take this as you will.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well dude i have buddy who has a hatch and he painted it like 5 different colors but he has a k24 that way no one really cares much very least try to jack it
Old 08-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol I think most ppl associate hondas with Asians And dude I'm Mexican and even if I wasn't I'd still like hondas my girl says it's a phase but I'm 21 and has hondas since 16 lol Also and no offence but here in cali when you say a Mexican bumpin Spanish music in a Honda it's usually a 80something civic. Faded paint. New big *** spoiler and some of those walmart spinner hubs. Beasty lol
Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't understand thieves these days.........

If I ever decided to become a car thief I be stealing Porsche's, BMW's, etc.

The High end stuff, not some hatch with a EBAY turbo and fart can

Something I can turn around at a chop shop and ship international, not a fricken $2000 hatch
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

If I ever get robbed, I hope I get a good thief. Not some dumbass, run of the mill thief that puts his foot on the dash and pulls.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeh im thinking hard about this 240sx and eg hatch im actualy thinking about a prelude now since their kinda the underdogs of hondas they dont get looked at as much then again they got h22a1 so maby im wrong. But damm i wanan drag and preludes are heavy FML ima call it quits and buy a nice mini-van lol
Old 08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeh im thinking hard about this 240sx and eg hatch im actualy thinking about a prelude now since their kinda the underdogs of hondas they dont get looked at as much then again they got h22a1 so maby im wrong. But damm i wanan drag and preludes are heavy FML ima call it quits and buy a nice mini-van lol
honestly when i was getting my eg the thought of it getting stolen was not even on my mind. if its gonna happen its gonna happen, cant sit around worrying about it, just be prepared. its like sitting around stressing out if you gonna shot when you leave your house in the morning.

get an alarm, kill switches are easy to hook up, make some fake ones hide the real ones, anything to slow someone down and make em say screw it and leave.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^I just don't leave valuable **** in my car. My car is not an H22, B18, K20 powerhouse, it's a damn D16Y8. If I don't leave anything in the car, I doubt anyone in my small city of 25,000 (feels much, much smaller) will steal my car for the damn Y8.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whatever the car, honda or not. You need 4 things. Garage, Lo jack, .357 and common sense.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:35 PM
H-T White Ops

Drifting wears on a car and, as you mentioned, can cost a fortune in tires alone. Not to mention the high risk of body damage.

I'm 27, female and white. Liking cars or Hondas has nothing to do with your age and rac.

Street racing of any sort is stupid because of the risk of harm to the drivers, passengers and any spectators.

Stock Civics and stock 240SXes are horrible drag cars. You need to realize there's a reason that most cars aren't very good drag cars. It's not for a lack of wanting. It costs a LOT of money to make a safe, quick car.

If you're going to drag race or drift, do it ON THE TRACK. If we keep talking about street racing I'll report this thread. Honda-Tech does not endorse street racing. It's dangerous and stupid.

You will not be part of an elite club by getting a '92-'95 Civic hatch. A lot of people will look at you weird (no matter what car you drive) if you wave or nod at fellow drivers of the same car.

Good thing about a $2000 car, if it's truly a $2000 car it runs little risk of being stolen as is. Start putting LOTS of money into it and the chances of it being stolen rise quickly. Don't expect driving a Nissan to make you invisible to that though.

As far as thieves not stealing BMWs and Hummers, I think that's a pretty easy one to figure out.
Originally Posted by SpecialBrownie
I wouldn't say I'm the only one endangering if he took the bait. Besides, I'm not about to kill myself over something so trivial, take it with a grain of salt or think I'm just a jackass but I made sure there wasn't traffic around me when I baited the gullible ricer, it was like midnight, anyone out that late with a ricer is asking for trouble. I don't go faster than 10 over really, I just slow down and then accelerate and see what the other person has and then talk at a stop light and give credit if credit is due. He was a dick who was whining, so boo hoo ricer.

Take this as you will.
But would he have done anything stupid had you not baited him?

I sure hope if you wreck while street racing on a totally empty street that you're already without a family. Dying because of your own stupid actions, even if you don't injure anyone else, isn't an otherwise victimless crime.

Good news is, if you crash, mangle yourself and your car, then perhaps the other driver will be so emotionally scarred that he'll never do it again.
Originally Posted by AGENT_47
I don't understand thieves these days.........

If I ever decided to become a car thief I be stealing Porsche's, BMW's, etc.

The High end stuff, not some hatch with a EBAY turbo and fart can

Something I can turn around at a chop shop and ship international, not a fricken $2000 hatch
(1) Porsches and BMWs and such often are slightly more difficult to break into. There's no kidding here. A lot of Hondas are ridiculously easy to break into and start without a key.

(2) If you start messing with people with money and influence then there's more likely the police will crackdown. Teenagers who own Hondas aren't exactly a concern when it comes to taxes or voting. Not to mention that nasty street racing problem. Honda theft helps solve that even.

(3) It's going to be a lot easier to offload a bunch of stolen Honda parts cheap (What do you care? The whole car was nearly free for you to steal.) than a lot of Porsche or BMW parts.

(4) Your average Honda thief doesn't really have a lot of backing. They probably don't even have the means to ship the car internationally (no matter what they steal) or have much of a chop shop besides their buddy's home garage.
Originally Posted by zareff
whatever the car, honda or not. You need 4 things. Garage, Lo jack, .357 and common sense.
Lo Jack mostly works on the coast. Their site lists the counties that Lo Jack actually works. Here's a map based upon that list.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

couldn't of said it better lol ^
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok hello, i currently have a b20b 94 coupe but i havnt really had it for long and it hasnt gone anywhere other then my drive way and my garrage. For some reason im obsessed with honda hatchbacks and im looking to trade it or buy a honda hatch (eg hatch to be specific) but every person i call has a story to tell me about the car had been stolen and recovered or somthing. Im going to get a hatch or a 240sx not sure,becuz i cant make up my mind but incase that i do get a hatch is there anyway to make it THEIF PROOF. Im talking about like 100% thief proof.

Also can u guys give me goods and bad or any advice on these 2 cars its between a s13 240sx coupe or hatch or if not a 92-95 eg hatch.
get a gps alarm from desmond wrx-sti-killer
nrg wheel hub lock
2 autolocks 1 on the clutch one on the brake,
shifter lock
get lowjack (just in case the other gps fails lol)
numerous killswitches
a car boot (nyc style) on all 4 wheels lol
tilt sensors

a thief would have to be pretty persistent to beat that
Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fungus mungus
Not sure how easy they are to steal, but the 240sx isn't among the top 10 stolen cars. Sadly, the EG is number 1.

fm
they actually stole my homies s13 sr20det turbo with kouki taillights, what a shame he got the swap the week it got jacked
Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You will not be part of an elite club by getting a '92-'95 Civic hatch. A lot of people will look at you weird (no matter what car you drive) if you wave or nod at fellow drivers of the same car.
HEY! I loved doing that in my old jeep!

But would he have done anything stupid had you not baited him?
We'll never know, so fair enough.

I sure hope if you wreck while street racing on a totally empty street that you're already without a family. Dying because of your own stupid actions, even if you don't injure anyone else, isn't an otherwise victimless crime.
I just suppose I'm an idiot then. Once again, fair enough. I'll do the things I do and accept the consequences as they come.

Good news is, if you crash, mangle yourself and your car, then perhaps the other driver will be so emotionally scarred that he'll never do it again.
Yay for a happy ending! =D

And honestly, with a "testosterone complex" as I like to call it, I'd assume biologically, it's much easier for you to deny racing then myself. sure freewill and such and such and other guys can say no to a race but when it boils down biologically to you, I'd probably say yes for the rush and what the chemicals in my body compel me to do. Accept or deny this, I don't care.

(1) Porsches and BMWs and such often are slightly more difficult to break into. There's no kidding here. A lot of Hondas are ridiculously easy to break into and start without a key.

(2) If you start messing with people with money and influence then there's more likely the police will crackdown. Teenagers who own Hondas aren't exactly a concern when it comes to taxes or voting. Not to mention that nasty street racing problem. Honda theft helps solve that even.

(3) It's going to be a lot easier to offload a bunch of stolen Honda parts cheap (What do you care? The whole car was nearly free for you to steal.) than a lot of Porsche or BMW parts.

(4) Your average Honda thief doesn't really have a lot of backing. They probably don't even have the means to ship the car internationally (no matter what they steal) or have much of a chop shop besides their buddy's home garage.
This is all spot on.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

@above wow id be super heated! well looks like ima have a eg hatch if the dude callls to drop it off tomoro if not ima go pick up 96 240sx like 4 hours away from here lol kinda still cant make up my mind lol The only reason i think im like 55% with the 240sx and 45% with the hatch is becus in a few years well maby 2-3 years ima want to sell that eg hatch and i dont think im even gona get like 600 dollors for it lol. but w/e live and forget shyt happpens i guess. ohh and the 240sx would cost me 26 and umm the eg hatch im getting a super deal and its gona be 14 lol its all stock midori green no power windows sadly but w/e lol

Quick Reply: HONDA theft proof????