Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HONDA theft proof????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 HONDA theft proof????

Ok hello, i currently have a b20b 94 coupe but i havnt really had it for long and it hasnt gone anywhere other then my drive way and my garrage. For some reason im obsessed with honda hatchbacks and im looking to trade it or buy a honda hatch (eg hatch to be specific) but every person i call has a story to tell me about the car had been stolen and recovered or somthing. Im going to get a hatch or a 240sx not sure,becuz i cant make up my mind but incase that i do get a hatch is there anyway to make it THEIF PROOF. Im talking about like 100% thief proof.

Also can u guys give me goods and bad or any advice on these 2 cars its between a s13 240sx coupe or hatch or if not a 92-95 eg hatch.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: HONDA theft proof????

You can't make a car theft proof. But that's okay.

You just need to make your car less of a target than the next guy's.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what she said ^

or get yourself one of these..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm1IfqVofNA
Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOLS @above but seriously i thought u can get yourself kill switches all these high tech alarms and what not. i mean i just dont wanna go to the movies with my girl and be worried about my hatch sitting out side u know what i mean but for real? u cant do anything?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4thGen19
LOLS @above but seriously i thought u can get yourself kill switches all these high tech alarms and what not. i mean i just dont wanna go to the movies with my girl and be worried about my hatch sitting out side u know what i mean but for real? u cant do anything?
Nope, its a honda lol.. There are a lot of things you can do for security that'll slow the thief down, but nothing can guarantee your car from being jacked, but thats just a risk we all take
Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hit up search, theres tons of long topics about this
Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

remove a wheel as if you just parked your bicycle. otherwise, kill switches, fuel shut off switches, removable steering wheel, etc...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dammm this makes me wanna give up on honda and get taht 240sx U_U shyt man this isnt good lol.But i love hatchbacks FML
Old 08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i do is remove my ecu, detach my steering wheel, and turn on my alarm with kill switch.. hide the ecu wires behind the floor mat, also lock ur clutch, steering wheel if u dont have a quick release, or use a steering wheel lock to lock ur car in gear with the ebrake on.. use all this method guarantee they just forget about ur car and go next door, and u can also run a second alarm witha second battery if u want too i reccomend since u dont want ur car stolen..
Old 08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No offence to anyone but this seems rediculas for these car to get stolen like this i mean i LOVE hondas and i love the lifestyle modified hondas come with but honestly, Hondas are cheap, civic,preludes,integras,ef,eg,ek,ej1 w/e w.e w.e its just rediculas how they mean so much to us but in Money their realy not worth so much. Y the FFFF do these cars get stollen. i can understand u have a beast mode gsr and everyone knows what u have and u go around raping other hondas all day but dammm. stock hatchys ive called tell me storys 2 wtf is going on lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
H-T White Ops

Once again...
Originally Posted by NOFX
You can't make a car theft proof. But that's okay.

You just need to make your car less of a target than the next guy's.
I wasn't kidding about that.
A car can still be stolen with all that stuff.

What I'm saying is you want to make your car less desirable in some sense.

By this I'll make a comparison.

A stock Civic stands a good chance of being stolen even in some areas. So there's going to be lots of cars comparatively "modified" to match a stock Civic. That's why I'm using them as an example.

If you find two stock Civics in comparable condition with comparable options sitting next to each other in a mall parking lot. If you were looking to steal a Honda, which would you take? Would you take the one with an alarm (even a basic one) or would you take the one without the alarm?

You don't necessarily need a lot of super expensive or high tech security to protect your car. Just make it harder to steal than the next car (of course take your mods into consideration - a very highly modified car is more likely to get a lot of attention, both good and bad).

If the car is too much trouble or takes too long to steal, most thivees (unless they have something personal about you or that car) are going to pass it up.
Originally Posted by ricky00
what i do is remove my ecu, detach my steering wheel, and turn on my alarm with kill switch.. hide the ecu wires behind the floor mat, also lock ur clutch, steering wheel if u dont have a quick release, or use a steering wheel lock to lock ur car in gear with the ebrake on.. use all this method guarantee they just forget about ur car and go next door, and u can also run a second alarm witha second battery if u want too i reccomend since u dont want ur car stolen..
You don't need the correct ECU to run a car enough to get it out of the area. Vice grips for the missing steering wheel (or so I've heard). Not sure what you mean about hiding ECU wires below the floormat.
No offence to anyone but this seems rediculas for these car to get stolen like this i mean i LOVE hondas and i love the lifestyle modified hondas come with but honestly, Hondas are cheap, civic,preludes,integras,ef,eg,ek,ej1 w/e w.e w.e its just rediculas how they mean so much to us but in Money their realy not worth so much. Y the FFFF do these cars get stollen. i can understand u have a beast mode gsr and everyone knows what u have and u go around raping other hondas all day but dammm. stock hatchys ive called tell me storys 2 wtf is going on lol.
A stock car with no alarm still runs a high risk of having an aftermarket CD player or wheels. People will steal them for that much.

My nearly stock '98 Civic was stolen a few years ago right outside my bedroom window. They took my (free to me) Sony Xplod CD player, my passenger taillight, my AEM CAI and my GS-R blades. They also broke my dome light cover and took the LED bulb, broke the bezel surrounding the radio/climate control (found out those are $120 new - people break the vents off the used ones, but you can't put the vents back one!), broke my steering column shroud, lost/took most of my lug nuts and warped my steering column.

These cars are stolen just to sell the parts. Few people want to sell the whole car. They usually just want to grab the parts they want. Wheels and CD players are big, as are all other stereo equipment. Anything "JDM" (or considered so - so stock '99-'00 coupe taillights get stolen a lot), intakes, etc.

Notice the parts I mentioned are common parts to mod, thus why they're common parts to steal.

As long as there's a market for stolen parts, they'll keep getting stolen. Start passing up too-good-to-be-true deals and realize some of those parts are stolen. Try to stick to buying from legitimate and trusted sellers.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM
H-T White Ops

And yes, I know it's cliched to say, "They'll get it if they want it bad enough." Just make it so they don't want it that bad.

Two of my big preventative measures are (1) a daily driver and (2) I keep the car I love out of sight. Now I can go watch a movie or grab groceries without worrying about anyone working through my other layers of security. Plus now I can go over speedbumps.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I Just recently got into the Honda thing! And I'm thinking the same way! But I know no matter what I do to prevent it, those thiefs are still out there! I to have another car I use as a daily and I can relax knowing no1 is going to steal that!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't forget to reroute the hood latch cable inside the bay, instead of the plastic fender liner.

My main concern is for thieves to tow my car away, not much you can do about that.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as there's a market for stolen parts, they'll keep getting stolen. Start passing up too-good-to-be-true deals and realize some of those parts are stolen. Try to stick to buying from legitimate and trusted sellers.
So true.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm so happy that where I live people don't really bother to steal hondas, even most cars just get broken into rather than stolen.

I can leave my car unlocked all night in my driveway and it wont get stolen.

I have an alarm, but its mainly so people don't break in and steal stuff, thats pretty much all that happens.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so any ideas on the 240sx guys? lol. The only reason im not 2 convinced on a 240 is becus they dont have the vibe or the seen that honda does and im just not sure =(
Old 08-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Two of my big preventative measures are (1) a daily driver and (2) I keep the car I love out of sight. Now I can go watch a movie or grab groceries without worrying about anyone working through my other layers of security. Plus now I can go over speedbumps.
This is the best piece of advice. It also allows you to take your time and build a much nicer car since you're never under the gun to get it put back together to drive to work the next morning.

so any ideas on the 240sx guys? lol. The only reason im not 2 convinced on a 240 is becus they dont have the vibe or the seen that honda does and im just not sure =(
Choose the car that's best for what you want to do with it. If you pick one based on the "vibe" or "scene" then you're not going to be happy down the road.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
Choose the car that's best for what you want to do with it. If you pick one based on the "vibe" or "scene" then you're not going to be happy down the road.
^ this right here.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm pretty sure everyone here is going to tell you to go Civic, but we're all on Honda-Tech.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

(found out those are $120 new - people break the vents off the used ones, but you can't put the vents back one!)
I found this out the hard way NOFX. I bought my EJ8 thinking I could just buy those vents for like $10. Nope =[
Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well here is where my problem comes in. im 17 and done with school. this is my only car im not going to have a camry or lexus to drive on the side whille my eg hatch is sitting outside of movie threaters, peoples houses, my house, stores,malls,etc etc etc. i mean shiiit i might as well Pull my motor out and put it in my pocket ever time i go some where lmfao.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had lots of issues with my 92 hatch being broken into over the past few years. Now I keep absolutely nothing in the car to be stolen. Very simple, my car has a rear seat delete, all factory interior (my ITR dash swap was in last time it was broken into and they got a bunch of the parts) and exterior is just rotas with wheel locks. My radio is a factory Intgera CD player I got from work for free. For now on, I'd rather someone look inside and realize there is nothing to gain from breaking in than to see a GPS unit or aftermarket radio that can be pulled before I would even make it out of my house to catch the person.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

look at the end of the day do what ever you want to your car for security but and it is a big BUT

YOU HAVE WINDOWS ON YOUR CAR....

If i were to smash your side window with a piece of ceramic it will not make a sound.... i can then pop your bonnet in 2 seconds flat cut the wires to disable the alarm sound and within a minute have stolen your ignition set your intake all hoses and any other performance item and then i could simply cut all the wires i see in the bay and empty all the fluids by jamming a screw driver into your radiator......

my point being you could have 1000's worth of security but i have just ruined your pride and joy you cannot drive it or use it at all, and i have simply stolen the parts that will be easy to sell as my own with no chance of someone saying "hey thats mine"

you have to remeber if a criminal wants to do something he will, look at terrorism for example i mean A SHOE BOMB for crying out loud

look at the price of a j's racing intake, they take 2 minutes to get off and you have your self alot of money for nothing.

JUST ENJOY LIFE MAN YOU CAN SPEND FOREVER WORRYING ABOUT WHAT COULD HAPPEN.............

ps. i have never even stolen a chocy bar..... i was making up the story above it was for production purposes and i cannot be held liable for any instaces that may seem as though it was me i can confirm they are not me and it was not me.

honest the guy nicked my hoody before he did it .
Old 08-26-2010, 09:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

you must have missed something..

you may have heard of it..
i'll inform you anyway..

DRIFTING ...... its bigger than the honda scene man, it has a massive following dude world wide.
some letters for you if you do go 240sxing.........RB26DETT woop woop.

i'm sure you'll make the right choice. i won't hint though.

eg eg eg eg EG

Quick Reply: HONDA theft proof????