Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HID in EG6 Plastic Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID in EG6 Plastic Headlights

For those whos got HID in their plastic headlights please share your experiences.

Is it ok to put HID, will it not melt? I know an H4 bulb will fit but its not bolt on so how did you do it? Did you find HIDs that bolt on?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HID kits suck *** Retrofit and do it the right way!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1386062

Weird...that link just popped into my reply box...

Old 10-31-2005, 05:22 PM

i have the hid in the stock housing ill post some pics for you later it looks great.....i have the plug and play ones that are 8000k if your interested ill email you some pics
Old 10-31-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (jdm_tim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_tim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the hid in the stock housing ill post some pics for you later it looks great.....i have the plug and play ones that are 8000k if your interested ill email you some pics</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont bother posting pix unless you have a wall shot showing the cutoff
Old 10-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dont bother posting pix unless you have a wall shot showing the cutoff</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol pwned
Old 10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

I had Lexus IS300 HID's in my plastic housing EG headligts they were cool, only problem as with all stock EG headlights is the pattern laid into the lens difusses the light so it doesn't look as crisp on the ground as a set of HID projectors, but its still way brighter than the stock headlights. I took them off tho since they broke from rocks hitting them while i was driving.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: (mestizo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mestizo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had Lexus IS300 HID's in my plastic housing EG headligts they were cool, only problem as with all stock EG headlights is the pattern laid into the lens difusses the light so it doesn't look as crisp on the ground as a set of HID projectors, but its still way brighter than the stock headlights. I took them off tho since they broke from rocks hitting them while i was driving. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what you would call GLARE!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
vc

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HID kits suck *** Retrofit and do it the right way!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love it when someone makes a a threat about hids and jdmlyfestyle just walks on em with that line..
Old 10-31-2005, 06:29 PM

your damn skippy im gonna dog walk every single one of them
Old 10-31-2005, 06:59 PM

me want hids with cutoff line
Old 10-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is what you would call GLARE!</TD></TR></TABLE>

No its called stock EG head lights, everyone complains about the diffussed pattern that is laid into them, I put the same HIDs in my EK coupe and they look perfect.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you EG guys have a simple fix though. those one piece projectors (i forgot the brand) you can use those! i've seen the pics with HID's and those things and the cut off is great

us EK people though...we gotta ugly up the headlight with retrofits
Old 10-31-2005, 09:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mestizo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No its called stock EG head lights, everyone complains about the diffussed pattern that is laid into them, I put the same HIDs in my EK coupe and they look perfect. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Prove it i want to see a Cutoff line from your HID kit with no shields or projectors..

BTW its the TYC 1 piece that has the best cutoff line that ive seen for a Non HID project with a HID kit.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID in EG6 Plastic Headlights (EG6R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG6R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For those whos got HID in their plastic headlights please share your experiences.

Is it ok to put HID, will it not melt? I know an H4 bulb will fit but its not bolt on so how did you do it? Did you find HIDs that bolt on? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i believe HID bulbs actually run cooler than incandescent. it arc's in a gas rather than having a filament heat to the point where it puts out alot of light.

and do listen to JDMlyfestyle, rebased bulbs suck for other drivers, and you'll be lucky if you get a pair that actually have a good output pattern. do a full retrofit if you do anything at all
Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Prove it i want to see a Cutoff line from your HID kit with no shields or projectors..

BTW its the TYC 1 piece that has the best cutoff line that ive seen for a Non HID project with a HID kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i have an EK and when i put the HID's in there with the stock housing..the light was EVERYWHERE!

and TYC is the one i was thinkin about. the thing that scares me about non HID projectors is the plastic bowl (thats usually the case anyway). but projectors are projectors. im using non HID projectors and im kinda scared. but i have like 3 sets of headlights
Old 11-01-2005, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (marshun)

EK headlights will give mad glare even on a HID retro unless you take out the original chrome reflector from the around the H4 bulb completely.

I have a set of TYC's for an EG that I'm retroing Euro Golf IV HID's into. I picked these HID's cause the projector lens is only 1.5 diameter instead of your normal 3" like most HID projetors.

I got everything done except a shroud for aroud the projector. I need some advice on what would be good to use.

I found escuetion boxes at home depot but the one i found has an inside diameter just a hair too small. Its chrome plated so if I dremel it will chip the chrome off.

What else would be good to use to make a shroud for a ~1.5 dia projector??
Old 11-01-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EK headlights will give mad glare even on a HID retro unless you take out the original chrome reflector from the around the H4 bulb completely.

I have a set of TYC's for an EG that I'm retroing Euro Golf IV HID's into. I picked these HID's cause the projector lens is only 1.5 diameter instead of your normal 3" like most HID projetors.

I got everything done except a shroud for aroud the projector. I need some advice on what would be good to use.

I found escuetion boxes at home depot but the one i found has an inside diameter just a hair too small. Its chrome plated so if I dremel it will chip the chrome off.

What else would be good to use to make a shroud for a ~1.5 dia projector??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hit up Wal-Mart and look for thermcanisters and get creative.