Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up?

Anyone know? I turn my lights on and the climate control stays un-lit. Then if I tap it, it turns on. What do you think the problem is?

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2004, 11:01 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (SuperVince)

maybe the llight bulb is just about to fall out and needs to be pushed back in all the way.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:02 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (Vtecin94dx)

i got one for 30 shipped without the 2 switch buttons, and lights up pefect if u need one.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:11 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (Vtecin94dx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vtecin94dx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe the llight bulb is just about to fall out and needs to be pushed back in all the way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or possible a loose plug or wire in the back.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every civic i've had(3) does that ****.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

Mine does it too. No idea. Had it all apart multiple times and I can't figure it out.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (SuperVince)

i have the same problem, but just with the right half of the climate control...

im sure its just a loose wire or lightbulb
Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

Same here I had to smack the hell out of mine or hit a big bump to get it to work a lot of the time. I took it apart pushed all the connections and bulbs in really good. I could never figure it out.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UtahRockabilly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UtahRockabilly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Same here I had to smack the hell out of mine or hit a big bump to get it to work a lot of the time. I took it apart pushed all the connections and bulbs in really good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

after that it still didnt work??
bummer

I'm probly going to change my stereo bezel one of these days,
which means dropping the dash,
so I'm thinking i'll try and fix mine.
Might go ahead and completely dismantle it, take a look at the inner circuitry too.
might just need some additional soldering.

new bulbs would be good too.

(note: am I ******* nuts or what?!)
Old 10-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the replies...i've tried plugging and un-plugging, checking blubs and connections... still no luck. I guess I wasn't the only one. Has anyone fixed the problem? Someone has to know!
Old 10-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">every civic i've had(3) does that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup
Old 10-26-2004, 04:32 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (h22 civic)

just because you pull the bulbs and then put them back in does not mean that their connectors will be "magically" fixed hahahahahahahahhaha

take the bulbs out and get a thick *** needle or something like that and pry on the connectors inside to put some "spring pressure" back in them. Also, if you have a harness connector going to the climate control...do the same thing to it also. You've simply got a loose connection and apparently dont know the proper way to refresh the connectors.

easier way to explain it is to get a pen with a metal clip on it in your hand...notice the clip is holding close to the pen (consider this to be in the worn position), pulling on the clip from behind with your finger until it no longer touches the pen side is like pulling on the connector with the needle to put spring pressure back in it.

metal does fatigue over time you know sometimes you gotta help it back, just like a **** actor gets blown off set before a scene sometimes to help him get ready for action
Old 10-31-2004, 02:00 PM

well you know what... i had the same problem in my white vx eg... then i sold it to my best friend and got a green dc and put it on panas... teasin..

i'm posting here cuz i can't post anywhere else. haha i would've bumped the other wtt post but it wouldn't let me. boo.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:34 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (el gran campion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by el gran campion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well you know what... i had the same problem in my white vx eg... then i sold it to my best friend and got a green dc and put it on panas... teasin..

i'm posting here cuz i can't post anywhere else. haha i would've bumped the other wtt post but it wouldn't let me. boo.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What was the point of your post?

Wait your time just like everyone else had to. Then maybe you'll become a full member and be able to post in other forums.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (TouringAccord)

he bought that eg from me, you dork.

touringaccord -

and your accord is ugly. hahaha. loser
Old 11-02-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (el gran campion)

yes, mine does the same thing too
Old 11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (intezn)

mine too
Old 11-03-2004, 03:31 AM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by el gran campion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he bought that eg from me, you dork.

touringaccord -

and your accord is ugly. hahaha. loser</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your a f***ing moron. The point of my post was that you have nothing productive to add to the thread so don't post at all. Posting just to get you post count up is pointless. Post when you have something good to post. to you.

As for my Accord, yeah, it is ugly now. It's even uglier since it's almost totally cut up. But if thats your way of feeling better about yourself, then thats fine, make fun of my totalled Accord. It won't bother me. And why don't you post a picture of your car. Let see how pretty your car is. Basically, shut up and stop stating the obvious about a totalled car.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This seems to be pretty common, and I thought I was the only one with the ghetto climate control. I've never bother to try to fix it, its funny everytime when it randomly turns on.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JdmEGHatch6)

its either a bad connection or bulbs.

have u tried switching out bulbs to see if its that? i remember in my old gsr my a few pparts of the cc would have to be banged back on.. it never really bothered me, but when i got a 2000 cc. it was never out, so im guessing it were bad bulbs almost exceeding its life.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:16 AM

Default Re: (xFlipNotiKx)

my guage cluster in my 92 does it randomly. got to hit the dimmer and it will come back if it feels like it.

as for my climate control, all the features work but mine gave up on lighting. i had to hit it for a while too and then it decided to not light up at all anymore. its mad cause i am an abusive owner.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...Why do I have to hit my climate control to make it light up? (EgGriff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgGriff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the same problem, but just with the right half of the climate control...
im sure its just a loose wire or lightbulb</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too, and I've taken mine apart & replaced all the bulbs. Everyone except the right side works perfect,I can't figure it out