Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help me hook up my tach

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me hook up my tach

how do i get my tach light to turn on with the dasboard light. it works but when i turn on the dash light it turns off. pleace help.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: help me hook up my tach (shrekeunit)

if its has standard wires colors

black=ground
red=switched 12 volts
green= tach signal (if you have honda it would be the blue wire going to the distributor)
white=parking light wire (found in fuse box connected to by a female spade connection simply use test light (won't hurt a thing for this application trust me)
Old 06-12-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Re: help me hook up my tach (JMaxx)

ohhhh man you could fry the ecu if you use a test light on those plugs man! ive seen it done a million times. I once knew this guy who was testing those clips with a test light and the test light arked and cought on fire in turn setting the whole car on fire, it was really sad too he had these nice rims and what not on it, ohh no wait i cant back that up. I kid i kid a test light wont hurt a thing, im just tired of listing to dumbass' who dont know how to properly use them f***ing up there cars and telling everyone and there mother they shouldent use them when the fact of the matter is they shouldent be doing anything under the hood to begine with..... ok im done now tata!
Old 06-12-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: help me hook up my tach (nocternaldragon)

when i first started reading your reply, nocternal, i was like oh no!! not this **** again. but then defying the urges of my A.D.D. i finished reading it. its tru you shouldn't go testing transistor and other componets of your ecu w/ a test light, but as i said for this application its just dandy.