Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Me

Last Saturday night my battery light came on, meaning my battery is no longer getting charged by the alternator. However I started driving home to get my Jeep when the light went off, strange. I shut the car off, started it up, light was on. I drive a bit it goes off. I get my Jeep and drive that for the rest of the night. Sunday I drive the car for a bit and the light only goes off once I hit high RPM above 5k and goes off after I cruise for a bit. I go home and park it.

So with my car having a 'charging system' problem, my Dad said he'd take a look at it. I said ok and let him while I went about other business. He said he checked the fuses and pulled the ECU fuse for a bit to clear it, according to the shop manual.
So I came out and was asked to start it. Crank it and the car cranks fine like it always has but it will not start. Battery light is gone and replaced by the CEL.
Monday my friend and I check the voltage on the battery and dis. But neither of us can get at the alt. (why are these things so hard to get at in Hondas?) They both checked out ok.
Today I decided to 'jump' the ECU and check the codes, with oc_civic telling me how I went out and did it. Turned the key to run and not a damn thing. The CEL just stayed on, no blinks, not a damn thing.

Someone please help me. I need my car to get around as much as I hate it some times I still enjoy something that handles nicely which a Jeep Cherokee cannot.

HELP ME!