Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help I have no opinion or ideas of my own, help me spned my money!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help I have no opinion or ideas of my own, help me spned my money!!!

I realize there are plenety of ppl on here who genuinly have legitimate problems and questions and at the same time there are lots of ittelligent ppl offering real solutions and options to solve these problems. My issue however is that it seems that there are even MORE ppl here who have no clue how to come up with anything on there own. WTF kind of question is "what color does everyone think I should pain't my dome light" or "I have $6 to spend, what would everyone else do?" I learned how to work on my cars growing up by actually TRYING nad making mistakes. When I installed my first stereo I blew evey fuse in the car BUT I now have a very good understanding on how and why things do what they do. Sorry this is such a negative post, I just feel that I am seeing way to many ppl needing thier hands held or ppl who just want to feel like they are part of something. If you have a question on what to do, think first before you post. Go out and actually LOOK at your car or whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. Try to give it a pull or actually get out some tools and start to remove some pieces. I don't know about the rest of HT but I would rather iinform someone on how to put something back together that they've torm appart not really knowing what they were doing, but have learned how to do something rather than telling someone what my opinon is about how well they hung beads from thier mirror. Just my thoughts. thanks.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Help I have no opinion or ideas of my own, help me spned my money!!! (upgraded)

u took the words right out of my mouth
Old 01-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

True but at the same time people may be scared. I blew about 5 fuses when I installed my first radio too, but it was on a POS 1990 240sx. So sure I could go wrenching around on the engine when I had a Skyline front clip sitting in my garage. Would I do the same thing on a 2000 civic I was making payments on...HELL NO....not if I didnt know what I was doing. Some people just may not know. I hate some of these elitists people on ALL forums who act like they came out of the womb knowing any and everything about cars. Not directed towards you but I have seen it here and other car forums I go to or went to. Forums are about help. If you think someones post is dumb..gee heres a clue...DONT READ IT. I know a bit about cars and dont have to ask some of the "stupider" questions but not everyone has/had the opprotunity to dick around with a beater engine and swap in another one. Some of the questions do get annoying...like what are some good mods for a "insert car here". Well what direction are you going?? How much money do you have, etc but there is no need to belittle people on a message forums. That is what we all gather here for...to learn new things
Old 01-15-2004, 06:00 AM

Default Re: (specv5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specv5150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">True but at the same time people may be scared. I blew about 5 fuses when I installed my first radio too, but it was on a POS 1990 240sx. So sure I could go wrenching around on the engine when I had a Skyline front clip sitting in my garage. Would I do the same thing on a 2000 civic I was making payments on...HELL NO....not if I didnt know what I was doing. Some people just may not know. I hate some of these elitists people on ALL forums who act like they came out of the womb knowing any and everything about cars. Not directed towards you but I have seen it here and other car forums I go to or went to. Forums are about help. If you think someones post is dumb..gee heres a clue...DONT READ IT. I know a bit about cars and dont have to ask some of the "stupider" questions but not everyone has/had the opprotunity to dick around with a beater engine and swap in another one. Some of the questions do get annoying...like what are some good mods for a "insert car here". Well what direction are you going?? How much money do you have, etc but there is no need to belittle people on a message forums. That is what we all gather here for...to learn new things</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think he's talking about that. He's talking about the people who can decide what wheels to put on their car. God forbid if someone doesn't like they're rims. Even though off the internet a lot of people aren't going to like black rota slipstreams...
Old 01-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cheivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cheivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't think he's talking about that. He's talking about the people who can decide what wheels to put on their car. God forbid if someone doesn't like they're rims. Even though off the internet a lot of people aren't going to like black rota slipstreams...</TD></TR></TABLE>

"I learned how to work on my cars growing up by actually TRYING nad making mistakes. When I installed my first stereo I blew evey fuse in the car BUT I now have a very good understanding on how and why things do what they do."

And this is what I was talking about in my post mostly.....
Old 01-15-2004, 07:10 AM

I agree to a point. There is a line that needs to be drawn. For instance, "What color should I paint my car" There is no help required. The person could and should pick their own color and could do so without the help of H-T or any other forum. Just go to a paint shop and say, "Gee, that color is nice...I like that!" But for technical questions, even redundant ones, they need to be answered. Be it in the form of "SEARCH" or an actual answer. I have learned a great deal from this site and it was by asking questions. I tried to answer them myself beforehand, but I have still asked a lot. This site can be very helpful if utilized. But the dumb questions are annoying sometimes.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Help I have no opinion or ideas of my own, help me spned my money!!! (upgraded)

Just saw this:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=728977
Old 01-15-2004, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. If someone has an honest question about how things work, no problem. I'm not telling everyone to go outside and rip your cars appart, I'm just suggesting that you start with your car and then come to the forum, not the other way round.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:22 AM

Default Re: (upgraded)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upgraded &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. If someone has an honest question about how things work, no problem. I'm not telling everyone to go outside and rip your cars appart, I'm just suggesting that you start with your car and then come to the forum, not the other way round. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, i completely disagree with you on this one. Why go **** something up on your car first and then come on here and ask how to fix the problem? A lot of headaches can be solved by actually researching before you start a project. i.e. what kind of tools are needed to change brake pads?, or what problems will i run into when changing my timing belt?
Old 01-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr Miyagi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Miyagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, i completely disagree with you on this one. Why go **** something up on your car first and then come on here and ask how to fix the problem? A lot of headaches can be solved by actually researching before you start a project. i.e. what kind of tools are needed to change brake pads?, or what problems will i run into when changing my timing belt?</TD></TR></TABLE>

True but I can agree with him to an extent. The first thing I bought before I bought my turbo or this or that was a service manual. That should be number one on your to buy list before ANY mods. Dont know how to change those pads....look in the manual. Do you want to know if your car has VTEC, look in the manual. Some questions could be alleviated with either researching on your own or looking through your manual, but at the same time if they are asked, why go off on a tangent on how they could have searched when that same enegy typing some BS could have been spent answering the question
Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by upgraded &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. If someone has an honest question about how things work, no problem. I'm not telling everyone to go outside and rip your cars appart, I'm just suggesting that you start with your car and then come to the forum, not the other way round. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Making mistakes doen't make you any more manly, nor does it make you a better mechanic, be it back-yard or professional. People ask questions because cars A.) cost a lot of money and B.) are a required item that gets us from point A to point B every ****** day.

Some people fear blowing those 5 fuses in their sound system because they make just enough money to cover the car payment, insurance and college bills every month and the $5 it takes for fuses is $5 they'd rather not spend if they can check online and get a 100% verified answer.

Get your panties out of a bunch and move along. If you don't like the site, don't come here. Your opinion isn't going to change the basic function of the internet message board, whether you like it or not.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I realize that you've been around H-T for so long that you've seen the same question hundreds of times.

Have you ever thought maybe they are just looking for some ideas? You think most people just know from their own great omnipitence all the options available? Get a life, someone post's something like what color do you think my car would look good as, they probably just don't want to end up with an ugly car that they spent $5000 on and want some outside opinions first.

Are these post really that annoying to you? Do you walk away from the computer thinking to yourself,"Dammit I hate those annoying paint questions. How can I get people to stop."

Yes it may sometimes get out of hand with those types of questions, but that's not for you to decide, it's for the moderater. And for you to have this big of a stick up your *** about this you get a big fat
Old 01-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Making mistakes doen't make you any more manly, nor does it make you a better mechanic, be it back-yard or professional. People ask questions because cars A.) cost a lot of money and B.) are a required item that gets us from point A to point B every ****** day.

Some people fear blowing those 5 fuses in their sound system because they make just enough money to cover the car payment, insurance and college bills every month and the $5 it takes for fuses is $5 they'd rather not spend if they can check online and get a 100% verified answer.

Get your panties out of a bunch and move along. If you don't like the site, don't come here. Your opinion isn't going to change the basic function of the internet message board, whether you like it or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its awesome to see you post this but you are the minority. You have a high post count so you obviously have been around. I dont think other "veteran" memebers feel the same way. They would rather flame to all hell.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me clairify what I am trying to say before I get any more "hate mail" from anyone else and as far as the stick and panties go, seems from my end that you seem to be letting my measly little opoinon get the better of you. I'm not telling everyone to go out and destroy thier cars, I'm simply trying to get my point accross, if you are so affraid to do anything for yourself before you cunsult with everyone and if you are so affraid to attempt to figure anything out for yourself, AND that if you can't figure out which color of anything pleases you more than any other color, then you need not even be involved with this whole idea of modifying your car. Don't get mad, who cares what I have to say anyway?
Old 01-17-2004, 10:44 AM

AMEN! And if lovin the lord is wrong I dont wanna be right!

I totally agree with you, and always have felt this way, maybe thats why I get so much negative feedback when I school someone on how much of an idiot they are! becuase there are more of them then you and I and a scarce other amount of guys on here that are actually quote unquote Gearheads.......

Dont worry about what the other people that are saying bad **** about your post are saying, screw um, I think alot of the people that agree with you all know where your coming from, and im glad someone just finally said it.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:50 AM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get your panties out of a bunch and move along. If you don't like the site, don't come here. Your opinion isn't going to change the basic function of the internet message board, whether you like it or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And regardless of your post count because I could careless how many posts someone has since alot of numbers are boosted by the mods, you have every right though to feel this way, but if you do or have worked in a shop and you had to deal with these people who come in with **** all fucked up outta the norm becuase they didnt know what they were doing you'd back this guy up.

Im all for someone getting to know there vehicle better the hard way and finding things out, thats how I got started, but if you are so worried about well what happens if I do this or I cant afford a few fuses! well then stay outta the ****** garage, or atleast go buy a manual, which is the first thing people do wrong on this site and overlook!

thats my opinion.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:22 PM

Default Re: (KasperFFTI)

isnt this what this forum is about?? help?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: (biff)

yeah, helping put somthing together, or fig. out a wiring schematic.......I dont consider help as a ? like what wheels do you guys like, or What color is hot this year?

Thats just a How else can I fit in, ive got the car now what do I do to it make a bunch of people ive never met respect me.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, and I though i was diturbed. Thanks for understanding where I am comming from.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: Help I have no opinion or ideas of my own, help me spned my money!!! (DarkKnight[DMD])

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]I realize that you've been around H-T for so long that you've seen the same question hundreds of times.

Have you ever thought maybe they are just looking for some ideas? You think most people just know from their own great omnipitence all the options available? Get a life, someone post's something like what color do you think my car would look good as, they probably just don't want to end up with an ugly car that they spent $5000 on and want some outside opinions first.

Are these post really that annoying to you? Do you walk away from the computer thinking to yourself,"Dammit I hate those annoying paint questions. How can I get people to stop."

Yes it may sometimes get out of hand with those types of questions, but that's not for you to decide, it's for the moderater. And for you to have this big of a stick up your *** about this you get a big fat </TD></TR></TABLE>

Read the original post again, there is a certain standard set in these particular questions. It's the post that seem to come from individuals who have no opinion of their own so they rely on another's. Why even bother doing anything then, why not just give me all the money for your car and have me do it in its entirety. Forget what someone else thinks of the work that person has done on "their" vehicle, it doesn't matter cause it's their vehicle. Look again and see the standard of question. I'm sorry to say, but your first paragraph indicates you missed it a good portion of it.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help I have no opinion or ideas of my own, help me spned my money!!! (94blackhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94blackhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u took the words right out of my mouth</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah but you hate 15yr olds....for no reason...and his car is nice.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: The Land Of Car Thieves/Rising Gas Prices Daygo, CA, US

haha, this thread is getting funny...
Old 01-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cheivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cheivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't think he's talking about that. He's talking about the people who can decide what wheels to put on their car. God forbid if someone doesn't like they're rims. Even though off the internet a lot of people aren't going to like black rota slipstreams...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah...and I love Black slipstreams...and I don't care what anyone thinks....because I have a mind of my own and its MY car. But I prefer the Si rims over the slipstreams.