Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP...GSR dash in EG

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...GSR dash in EG

Okay, I am in the process of coverting my eg interior to Integra. I was told that everything would fit, but with minor cutting on the sides(whatever that meant). I tried puting the dash in and it looks as if there is no way the cluster and componets will fit around the stock steering enforcement and brackets. If I cut the dash, It will fit, but the cluster won't. I obviously can't cut the cluster. Is there any way around this. What needs to be cut to make it all fit???
Old 10-17-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Re: HELP...GSR dash in EG (yor2slo)

i dont mean to be an *** but do a search....... the topic is covered...
Old 10-17-2003, 05:24 PM

Default Re: HELP...GSR dash in EG (Navid OG)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=285567
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=170977

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=553146
Old 10-17-2003, 05:43 PM

My friend and i are doin this swap right now, he spent a good day trimmin on the back of it to get it perfect. Now we have a wiring problem so we are re-pinning to get everything to work.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You are an *** . I realize the topic is covered. Every topic is about wiring and can it be done. I understand the wiring, as my question stated What needs to be cut? I understand some cutting behind the cluster and sides, but does anyone know how much or have any pictures? PM me if you can help.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=527338
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i have the swap which i got from my stripped out teg. all we cut was the material behind the cluster. we used the heater core, ac unit,integra wiring, and fuseboxes(inside and under hood) which made it pretty much plug and play. also used the steering wheel(not sure if we used the srs anymore) and tilting column.
i still have to work on the door panels(mating a civic/teg together so i can use the power switches). still also have the gap between the armrest/shifter pieces.

also do a search because there was a thread on here for the pinouts for the gauge cluster if you decide to go with the stock wiring harness. hth.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=486442

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I know this has all been covered before so I'm not gonna do a full writeup or post gobs of pictures unless alot of people really want them. I did things just a little different from how I've seen others do it so I thought I'ld post up my findings
First thing I did different is instead of using the Integra mounts on the side of the dash I trimmed back the huge lip of plastic that got in the way of the stock civic dash mounts and used the original bolt holes. the drivers side one just didn't quite reach back the the proper one, but the second hole which was only a half an inch further back or so matched it well enough.

I cut the back of the guage cluster area out to fit over the civic dash support rather than putting in the integra one. I cut all of the bottom out and half of the back. the guage is a tight fit, but fits none the less.

final difference, and the biggest one probably is that I didn't use the integra heater core or blower (mainly because I didn't have them ) What I did to make it work was cut off the entire top portion of the vent. The part that directly connects the the civic center top dash vent. I took it down all the way to the top of the control box that routs the air. Then I took 3 six inch lengths of three inch flexible dryer ducting and squeezed the end of each length to snugly fit inside each of the three air pickups on the integra dash. Once the dash was in I just made sure that the other end of each vent tubing was resting over the respective outlet from the heater core. they weren't air tight fittings, but air still blows out of the fents just as strongly as it did with the factory piping, so I'm content with it. The rest of the climate controls plugged right up
</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=449596
i've done it in my hatch, it was a fair amount of work, and its definatly not just a bolt in afair, there is some hacking away at the underside of the dash below the gauge cluster, and some mounts to be made up for either side, the wire harness pluged right in for me but i also just used a whole integra main wire harness you will also need at least the heater box from a teg so youre vents match up. It will actually make it alot easier if you can find a donor car for the swap. Also neither the integra or the civic door panels will fit without modification. heres some pics </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not only has this been covered but it's been covered SOOOO many times that it's next to impossible to find the threads with actual content instead of the SAME question being asked again and again...

If you spend some TIME searching you will find the answer you're looking for... I did about 15 times in 10 mins.

P.S. YOU are an ***
Old 10-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...GSR dash in EG (NonovUrbizniz)

Just to finsih it out... (oh and I didn't include any of the pics from the threads I quoted)...

Here's one with EXACTLY what you are looking for... pics from inside the car while it's all apart and like 10 pictures from different angels of the cuts he made...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=285567
As far as mods to the dash...there is two ways to install it.

You will need to remove the civic steering column dash support (which is tap welded to wirewall) and then weld/bolt on the teg steering column. This is the best way to do as the dash then fits much better.

The other way is to cut a little bit of the dash so it clears the civic steering column dash support. Its a tight fit though!! You really have to push the gauge cluster in there to get it to fit. And even then it doesnt fit perfect on the drivers side.

I did it the easier way and modified the dash to fit. I wasnt about to do cutting on my car.

Here is some pictures of how you are supposted to do it...

You can see they cut off the civic one..and screwed on the teg one. (this isnt my car its a friends)

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP...GSR dash in EG (NonovUrbizniz)

Thank You, That is all the information i needed. It is much easier to just tell someone that than to send them 100 links to useless threads.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:08 AM

Try using the column from the integra it should fit perfectly just a thought peace
Old 10-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yor2slo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank You, That is all the information i needed. It is much easier to just tell someone that than to send them 100 links to useless threads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My point was to show you that if you bothered to search you'd have found the answer for yourself....

It's lame to use up bandwidth and make people read questions that have been answered THOUSANDS of times...

Here's the deal with searching for those who don't know...

A. USE DIFFERENT WORDS... Both in quotes or not..
IE:
Distributer
"distributer cap"
"dizzy" (nickname for a distributer)
Etc etc etc.

B. Search BOTH recent AND archieved (most info will be found in archieved... but thanks t to threads like this you may just find the info linked in a recent topic).

C. READ ALL THE POSTS ON EVERY THREAD that even REMOTELY relates to your problem (for example I read through 15-30 threads (begining to end) before I found the specifics of the mounting issues you asked about)
The only way to find info on here is to read THE ENTIRE thread (or at least the posts with more content the "search noob" or "that's rice" or "That's gaydm") LOTS of the REALLY key info is buried in a thread who's topic does not reflect the info inside.

D. DO IT YOURSELF
Old 10-18-2003, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

beat the **** out of teh strearing colume rack/cage taht the cluster wont fit over. taht is what I did fits great now. You also have to cut behind the dash where the cluster is. You will have to make a new mounting spot for the top center bolt hole. gotta do some nice ol wiring. Its a weekend project. but looks great when done
heavier then the civic stuff though.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:51 AM

We welded a stearing column rack from a teg into my friends civic, fits perfect. but yea beatin it down would work
Old 10-18-2003, 02:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yor2slo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are an *** . I realize the topic is covered. Every topic is about wiring and can it be done. I understand the wiring, as my question stated What needs to be cut? I understand some cutting behind the cluster and sides, but does anyone know how much or have any pictures? PM me if you can help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I AM AN ***?????? ok well if ur are so slow that u need everyone to explain everything to u so u can understand everything just let us know...... this topic comes up once or maybe twice a week..... but if only idiots like URSELF would just search they would find all their answers. WE ARE NOT UR DAD... WE WILL NOT WALK U THROUGH EVERYTHING..... namean jellybean?

and u stupid ****.. i gave u all the info u needed... so all u needed to do was read.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn ya'll, this has been probably the most beat to death question ever. I can't even remember how many times we have to link people to Liam's post, just because they don't know how to search. And this isn't a hard post to search for either.

That is why I linked everyone to the post by Liam in my signature.

take a look in my sig
Old 10-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it pisses you off so much and is so difficult to respond to, then don't respond. If all you are going to do is post; "search" what good is that. If you aren't going to answer the question, don't reply and waste my time as well as yours. Thanks to the people that did answer my question. i just don't understand why if you know the answer to a question why you would post a link to someone answering the question instead of just doing it yourself. What is easier, typing "you'll need to cut behind the cluster" or finding 100 threads related to the topic. Either answer the question or don't post if it bugs you so much to see this topic all the time. I don't understand why everyone on HT gets so pissy.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WE ARE NOT UR DAD... WE WILL NOT WALK U THROUGH EVERYTHING</TD></TR></TABLE>
i thought that was what Honda-Tech was for. To answer other peoples questions and help them through problems. If you don't want to walk people through problems, then don't post about help at all. What a dumb thing to say.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:41 AM

why do u think the Search option was made available on Honda-Tech ??? Why waste the time of everyone (yourself included) by posting a thread about something that has been answered over 10 times??? I am currently doing the swap or a ITR dash in an EH, but i did not post a thread like an idiot saying "HELP HELP ITR DASH IN EH....NOW NOW NOW" no... i did a quick search and found more than i needed. If u think ur soooooo special that everyone must quickly answer all ur questions and give u the best answer's then u will have a nice time being a member of Honda-Tech.

And asking what's easier, using the search option is much easier than starting a thread (that has been posted at least once a week) and waiting for answers.

Modified by Navid OG at 12:02 PM 10/21/2003
Old 10-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Del

everything that was posted were things that YOU could have found on your own... next time search and actually READ.. stop being lazy..