Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr

last night rolling back to the crib i was getting of an interstate exit which is a ramp that turns about 300 degrees and has a long straigh away after that. I am not a street racer but i do like to hear the honda at higher rpms. so the story starts. theres this van in the inside lane of the exit im behind it another car is also behind the van.. van driver is top heavy and driving crazy so i thinkto my self i gotta get away from this fuc. so i get in the outside lane as we approach the exit.. which is only 25mph exit. people that daily drive it go 40 or a little less. the van was prolly going 30-35.. but i ended up next to him on the exit ramp and he tries to swerve into my lane when im about even with his van. i know this fuc can here my my music i have an xtant 1001 rms is like 1500 watts of pure american power! so while he swerves i have to swerve forcing me to brush the guardrail and fuc my rear rim up. scratched but didnt bend or mess up the tire. when i see the sparks in my rearview mirror i drop down a gear and take off. if i would brake i would be dead because the fuc actually switched lanes even after seeing me. this van says government on the license plate. so i think to myself im going to make some money out of this tradgedy. the next light he pulls in front of me so i switch lanes so im even with him and proceed to talk ****. motherfuc runs a red light and turns into the military base. cant follow him in there. complete assss.. so now my rim is shot. i have stock si rims. anyone know if a rim shop can fix roadrash.. also heres the tricky question. if i get new 15s.. can i reuse my stock tires? i just boght new tires i think they are vgt-4.. im not sure the offset of the civic rim but will i be striaght if i buy some rotas and throw on the old tires.

ending comments fahq virginia and its drivers and pot holes.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:21 AM

Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (madlion)

****, sorry dude, hopefully ull run into him again and can get that plate number
Old 10-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (blackcivic95)

impossible it was a government van that was white.. theres thousands of them
i remember his face.. i keep a maglite in the whip so let us cross paths again and darwins rule will apply.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (madlion)

I hate driving in VA. The drivers suck, and the cops suck. First time to the state I got busted for having a radar detector. I wasn't speeding, and wasn't aware that detectors are illegal there. Why? Because, they have 1 freeking sign at the border telling you so, and it is black mind you. I was coming thru at night, so how could I see it? But then every .5 miles there are 2 signs telling you speed is being monitored by aircraft. I must of seen thousands of those, not that the stripes in the road weren't a dead giveaway. Lastly, if you are being monitored with a stopwatch from a plane, why are detectors illegal to begin with?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:23 AM

Also: **** there laws about car customization.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:43 AM
EK22snatch

Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (Justin_Bradley)

damn, ive heard alot of about how shitty that place..

as for your rim being fixed... the sad part is youd be better off buying a new rim. as for the tire, its probably okay if you didnt drive on it for very long.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (Justin_Bradley)

they have laws about car customization??? they dont make the general public to aware.. i try to stay dot approved . as far as the decible level of my system i have a quick bass switch so when i see the po i turn it down.. plus i have a evo hood so my car sticks out like a sore thumb.. new rim is like 200 bones.. *** that. il just sell these and get rotas?!? even though i like the motegi ff6.. i suppose the rotas are better quality and lighter? but hell i have to double park when i go to school so people dont hit my car with there door.. im about to respray my ride me and my homey are gonna do the rest of the body work this week wend.. i love having primer spots all over my ride.. it seems that its a never ending battle with this civic. will i ever be satisfied. ihavent boosted yet but i have some nice upgrades.. also i have one more gripe this forum is a good place to vent my gripe is with honda quality.. wtf is up with the stock clutch on the civic si.. my dads old 99 miata grabbed a hell of a lot better atleast 30-40%... i find myself having to rev to like 6+ and slowly let the clutch out to get that sling shot effect grab.. this is not good for the clutch but its the only way to get a good launch with this stock clutch... WTF was honda thinking. i guess the big *** system in the back isnt helping much..
Old 10-01-2004, 09:23 AM

Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (wilsel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilsel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate driving in VA. The drivers suck, and the cops suck. First time to the state I got busted for having a radar detector. I wasn't speeding, and wasn't aware that detectors are illegal there. Why? Because, they have 1 freeking sign at the border telling you so, and it is black mind you. I was coming thru at night, so how could I see it? But then every .5 miles there are 2 signs telling you speed is being monitored by aircraft. I must of seen thousands of those, not that the stripes in the road weren't a dead giveaway. Lastly, if you are being monitored with a stopwatch from a plane, why are detectors illegal to begin with?</TD></TR></TABLE>

that pretty much sums up how it is here... and yes there are laws about customizing a car havent you ever heard of ride height and exhaust tone laws?

also, hating on hondas doesnt respond well here

edit: especially when you are hating on honda's quality which is one of their strengths
Old 10-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP FAH-Q Virginia and your roads and drivers also @#%! grr (CivicEX96)

im not hating on honda.. i just said there stock clutch SUCKS.. i doubt many people would disagree.. the quality of there stock clutch sucks no grabbing power.. thats real thats not an insult thats the truth non fiction. the ill thing about hondas is that lots of companys make better clutches for the vehicle.. a lot more options then i had in my 95 altima.. centerforce exedy act .. .etc
but my stock honda clutch SUCKS.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:04 AM

im from jersey and my license has been suspended in virginia for 2 years now...hate that ****** place