Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help: drop forks on my civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help: drop forks on my civic

i bought some NIB drop forks and pro arms from suspension techniques and today i put them on, well when i pulled my car out of its parking spot...
clunk clunk clunk..yea the strut hangs out of the bottom of the fork and is rubbing on part of my axle, i BELIEVE its just the metal clip on the rubber boot, im using kyb agx's and they hang down a lil lower than stock, and after i heard that, i pulled right back up, lifted my car and tried to figure something out..well i figured i could mount the fork a lil lower on the strut...
so i did, drove around the parking lot and as im pulling back into my parking spot...clunk clunk...im in pretty desperate need of opinions on what to do, i LOVE my agx's, and the reason i bought the forks is because i had a bolt strip out one of my stock forks and couldnt find a set of stock ones for cheap enough, and now i have some integra sportline springs and it sits about 2 inches lower than stock, so if i put some stock forks in...im gonna be ungoddly high.....please help
Old 08-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well since one was moved from somewhere else to here can it please be deleted..since its here twice.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Re: (2thousandcivic)

so the fork isnt holding the shock? the strut just slides down? i think if thats whats happening, the only thing i can think of would be to weld them biotches
Old 08-27-2004, 10:28 PM

Default Re: (Amkread)

or you could play it safe and just get some stock forks and call it a day.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ill take pics in the afternoon
Old 08-28-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: help: drop forks on my civic (2thousandcivic)

i thought they were discontinued. how'd u get them?
Old 08-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ebay my friend
Old 08-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dumb question, but you got that bolt tightened all the way right?

If ya do, time to look for different forks, or weld em....
Old 08-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea everythings tight, im on my way out to TRY to fix them now, hopefully i can just put some new dents in my struts and mount the forks lower...but we'll see.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2thousandcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea everythings tight, im on my way out to TRY to fix them now, hopefully i can just put some new dents in my struts and mount the forks lower...but we'll see.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it worked now lets see how long it holds up.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

umm, your strut forks are probably backwards. check it
Old 08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slambedcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm, your strut forks are probably backwards. check it</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not dumb.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2thousandcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im not dumb.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i wasnt implying that you are. but it never hurts to double check it.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i wasnt implying that you are. but it never hurts to double check it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well...i thought i had everything fixxed and done and now....
1. car is superdumped with eibach springs..dont like the superbumped part because of 2..
2. went for a test ride after everything was done and found that when i hit a bump..**** goes clunk..come to find its the forks hitting my axles..which isnt good, but it only does it on the driver side im thinking its the angle that the axle goes through the fork.

so now im starting to think about grinding stuff..but i dont want to put a hole in my struts by grinding too much, i already put new dents in them for the bolt to hold them in place..which i am still really unsure about..
Old 08-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone have any say on that^^^
Old 08-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well... your strut for and axle should all move together... dont see whats it clunking. i think your problem is the struts are bottoming out and hitting the strut tower
Old 08-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well... your strut for and axle should all move together... dont see whats it clunking. i think your problem is the struts are bottoming out and hitting the strut tower</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah..im pretty sure struts are hitting forks, car is so dumped right now but i managed to sneak a peak with it all the way down and on the bolt side of the forks its at such an angle compared to the axle, when i turn corners i can hear rubbage, im running agx's with eibach springs and i KNOW the strut isnt bottoming out, i've decided that tomorrow im going to sell the full kit, front forks and rear lca's, maybe somebody else will have luck with them, they have 2 miles on them and still look brand new except in a couple spots.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

werd. i was always a fan of stock suspension with different struts and springs... cant really beat the steel castings
Old 08-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for those interested....
FS:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=976376
Old 08-30-2004, 10:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: Canyon mother fucking Country, California, United States of America
Default Re: (Amkread)

You don't want to weld on shocks!!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheRwillFUKyou666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheRwillFUKyou666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't want to weld on shocks!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
huh?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:34 AM

Default Re: help: drop forks on my civic (2thousandcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2thousandcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought some NIB drop forks and pro arms from suspension techniques and today i put them on, well when i pulled my car out of its parking spot...
clunk clunk clunk..yea the strut hangs out of the bottom of the fork and is rubbing on part of my axle, i BELIEVE its just the metal clip on the rubber boot, im using kyb agx's and they hang down a lil lower than stock, and after i heard that, i pulled right back up, lifted my car and tried to figure something out..well i figured i could mount the fork a lil lower on the strut...
so i did, drove around the parking lot and as im pulling back into my parking spot...clunk clunk...im in pretty desperate need of opinions on what to do, i LOVE my agx's, and the reason i bought the forks is because i had a bolt strip out one of my stock forks and couldnt find a set of stock ones for cheap enough, and now i have some integra sportline springs and it sits about 2 inches lower than stock, so if i put some stock forks in...im gonna be ungoddly high.....please help</TD></TR></TABLE>

are u talking about the FRONT forks or the LCAs u have posted here<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2thousandcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for those interested....
FS:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=976376</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you are refering to the front, it seems like the bolt in the back of the fork which holds on to the strut assembly tight. if it is tight them it sounds like it is bottoming out. if u are refering to the rear LCAs u have posted in the second qoute then, it def. sounds like either the strut is bottoming out of the top cap assembly isnt tight to the top of the strut rod assembly. i ran into that problem on a 2002 rsx suspension i did and it made the same clunk u are refering to. id check and make sure the top bolt of the strut rod is tight and not moving up and down. hope this is some help for ya.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im talking about the front. i couldnt be happier with the rear, but i need to save my struts and that would require a lot of cutting of the springs to get the front as low as the rear without the forks.