Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help - civic window out of track, window problems..

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help - civic window out of track, window problems..

Ok I am having problems with both windows in my honda civic...

This first happened about 6 months ago... I'm cruising downtown with my windows down, and I go to roll up the passenger window only to find that it won't go up all the way... I find out its because the glass has come out of front track, and the glass is on the outside of the rubber guide. I go home and the next day I take off the door panel and have to use a knife or something to hold one side of the rubber guide back away from the glass, and move the window up and down in order to get it back in the track.

I found out that the way it happens is when I roll down the window ( I have power windows) The edge of the window nearest the rear of the car does not move downward at the same speed as the front, because of the way the window motor works. When this happens, the front edge of the window slants downward (Because the rear edge is higher up). Then as the window continues to move down, the front edge eventually comes out of the window track. This was really pissing me off (as well as my passengers)

I figured this was just a freak thing, but last night (just after my friend's corvette's engine blew.. I lost my $180 cellphone.. etc) The drivers side window did the same ****. Now I gotta go spend another hour getting it back in the track before it starts raining again.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to fix this for good... The only way I can roll down the window and not risk it coming out of the track is to push the window a bit to help it as I roll it down.

Update: someone told me that I have to replace the regulator and track with updated parts because this is a problem with all 96 - 00 civics... Where can I get the parts and how can I do this myself???
Old 06-20-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: help - civic window out of track, window problems.. (samson1)

bump.. help
Old 06-20-2004, 10:01 PM

omg bump, I would also like to know, I'm going thru the same ******* ****.

It ***** up on me when I roll it all the way down. If I roll it half way down, i'm straight. Oh well, I have A/C now so I don't have to roll my windows down as much as I did.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Re: help - civic window out of track, window problems.. (2000DX)

Yeah... you can prevent it from ******* up if you roll it halfway down, push it down on the edge thats closest to the rear of the car... it will move down about 1-2 inches... and then roll it the rest of the way down. Basically you have to help it roll down
Old 06-20-2004, 10:35 PM

my friends did the same thing, but he had manual windows .... we would jus unbolt the front rail and put it back on track, as for the rolling down, we jus be real careful and yea... kinda help it down
Old 06-21-2004, 05:11 AM

bump
Old 06-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Blue Sedan Crew

Default Re: help - civic window out of track, window problems.. (egcivic)

i had the same problem and had about 20 people look at it and noone could fix it, then i took it to honda and its been perfect since then, it cost out the *** but they fixed it, soo............
Old 06-21-2004, 06:30 AM

I also had the same problem happen to me twice. I was told that I had to keep the rubber track lubricated with some oil to keep it from getting hard. the oil will keep it flexible and will not allow the window to come off track.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: help - civic window out of track, window problems.. (bimpcollins)

yaeh you need to use a lubricant but I wouldnt use oil. Use silicon lubricating spray. Just spray it in the tracks and youre good to go. This is actually a pretty common problem.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on the highway a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed too much play in my crank (mani windows) so as I know this is a common problem, I took the door panel off and lubed both tracks and the window reg... tracks with silicone spray, and the window reg with grease... the ***** is smooth as fawk right now! silicone spray is the key!!