Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP!!! Bypassing alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Bypassing alarm system

I am ready to kill myself. Installed an aftermarket cd player fine, re-attached the battery, can't turn off my alarm system. Tried tried and tried. Apparently if i have an aftermarket one, i can't use keyless entry anymore. I don't care about that for s**t, but I can't turn off my alarm now.

Basically i want to totally bypass my alarm system. I've got a '97 ex 2 dr. I know someone out there myst have done it before, or knows how to do it. Can someone please give me some help? I've got a haynes manual and i see that that if i wanna do this i need to connect the white/blk wire from the ignition to the blk/white or blk/yellow wire going to everywhere else... but i can't find either. And i don't even know what the alarm control box looks like or where it is exactly. Once again... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 04-10-2002, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! Bypassing alarm system (puhlode)

your going to have an EXTREMELY hard time getting a responce to this because how do we know that you arent just trying to steal our cars.........

sorry but the number of thefts of imports has gone up 40% across the nation thanks to one GAY *** movie........

better luck next time
Old 04-10-2002, 04:50 PM

Hmmm. Good point. Well, is there anyway i can get my car to start? There has to be SOME WAY i can get my car to work. I didn't know the trade off to installing a cd player myself was losing my car.

Can someone at least tell me where the alarm control unit is? What it looks like? That's what i really need i guess...
Old 04-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Call the place that installed the alarm
Old 04-10-2002, 05:05 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the stock one. I dunno for sure, i bought it used in Jan.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What did you buy used ... the car or alarm? If the car; call the dealer!! If the alarm; you should know where it is!!

As said before, everyone is going to be vauge because of all the recent thefts!!

Good Luck!!
Old 04-10-2002, 05:17 PM

the stock alarm is mounted on top of the factory radio
Old 04-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP!!! Bypassing alarm system (FifthGearOnline)

your going to have an EXTREMELY hard time getting a responce to this because how do we know that you arent just trying to steal our cars.........

sorry but the number of thefts of imports has gone up 40% across the nation thanks to one GAY *** movie........

better luck next time
WTF are you talking about... he is looking for freaking help, not bullshit.. if he stole a freakin car do you really think that he would get on honda-tech.com and ask everyone for help on how to start it..

if your talking about installing a headunit in a 97 civic that had keyless entry from the factory you gonna need to wire the stock and aftermarket headunit up at the same time and just keep the stock one off.. i think they make a harness you can buy at circuit city even to do this and you will need to stuff the stock unit behind the dash and install the aftermarket headunit like normal.. if the stock unit is not installed then you will lose the keyless entry feature totally.. there is a way to bypass it but im unsure how to cause i dont have have 6gen civic and never worked on one.. try http://www.the12volt.com and see if anyone there can help you..
Old 04-10-2002, 06:03 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! Bypassing alarm system (fixhondas)

the stock alarm is mounted on top of the factory radio
there goes your car. jk
Old 04-10-2002, 10:05 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! Bypassing alarm system (95CivicEX)

if your talking about installing a headunit in a 97 civic that had keyless entry from the factory you gonna need to wire the stock and aftermarket headunit up at the same time and just keep the stock one off.. i think they make a harness you can buy at circuit city even to do this and you will need to stuff the stock unit behind the dash and install the aftermarket headunit like normal.. if the stock unit is not installed then you will lose the keyless entry feature totally.. there is a way to bypass it but im unsure how to cause i dont have have 6gen civic and never worked on one.. try http://www.the12volt.com and see if anyone there can help you..
Thank god someone has a kind heart...

Where is there space to stuff the old receiver? I guess i could put it somewhere in the passenger side foot well, but it looks so darn ugly there. I can't seem to fit it anywhere in the dash area.

Also, can someone tell me if this will work? I'm gonna hook up the aftermarket cd player as normal, but i'm ONLY going to splice into the 1) ground line 2) ACC (ignition line) and 3) back-up line (direct to battery line) for the original am/fm receiever. I'm not splicing into any of the speaker lines. Also, i'm obviously going to plug in the green plug with all the keyless entry/alarm lines into the old receiver. Will that work?

Thanks again!

Old 04-11-2002, 01:23 AM

When Al & Ed's installed my Eclipse stereo for my 97 ex, they put my old unit behind it and kind of down. It's funny, cuz at night i can look through the heat control slit and see my clock of my old radio. I still have my keyless entry which is tight and now that it's daylight savings, my origingal stereo in the back is now set to the correct time.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:09 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know that it fits behind there somehow.. just go to a local stereo shop, circuit city roadshop, best buy, or any other smaller places around your area and talk to them.. it has been done and everyone is still happy w/ the fact that they still ahve the pointless honda keyless entry.. not to bash on it but all it does is unlock your doors really, it doesnt protect you from your stuff getting stolen if a theif knows what he is diong..