Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help a Brother out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a Brother out...

Ok to get down with it.. im gonna get ma permit in a couple days and liscence in six months... with that time i have 6 months to earn money for a 94 hatchback cause ma parents aint gonna pay for my ***.. plus i got cousins trippin saying they gonna **** me up if i get a car freely... those ****** haters.. anyways.. most of my life ive been around cars and learned about vtec engines and most honda car technology..cars are like my main thing i can only say i luv in life and canyon driving ... i just want some advice from my bros and sisters here for help on how maybe i can make some money for my car... please any ideas will be so huge a help.. i want to get a 94 hatchback but im not sure how much and what i should search for giving my money troubles. if you guys read this much i appreciate it and will appreciate more if u can help me out i need help!

Modified by jdmtech at 6:51 PM 10/20/2004

Modified by jdmtech at 6:55 PM 10/20/2004

Modified by jdmtech at 7:03 PM 10/20/2004
Old 10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help a Brother out... (jdmtech)

I really did try to read and help. Until you can form sentences and make my head not want to explode, I'm not trying any more.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My advice is spending the next six months learning to read and write . Until then, stay the **** away from cars and people and animals that can't defend themselves.

And "VTEC" isn't a name of a Honda model or engine family of any kind.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:48 PM

wtf are you talking about I couldn't even understand half of it next time why don't you write it so that other people can read it instead of just you. oh yea and what is scratchback i hope you don't mean hatchback.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help a Brother out... (97hatchback)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97hatchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf are you talking about I couldn't even understand half of it next time why don't you write it so that other people can read it instead of just you. oh yea and what is scratchback i hope you don't mean hatchback. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pot calling the kettle black.....
Old 10-20-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Help a Brother out... (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pot calling the kettle black.....</TD></TR></TABLE>what?
Old 10-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97hatchback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't get too big for your e-britches. Until you can use punctuation and the English language to your advantage, don't be shitting on other people who make the same mistakes.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.. i want to get a 94 scratchback but im not sure how much and what i should search for giving my money troubles. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell is a scratchback? You're going to pay someone to scratch your back?? No wonder you have money problems.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:00 PM

hey thanks for that support but i rewrote it so you guys can look at it... i only say scratchback cause thats the nick name me and my homie say for a hatchback or eg6... vtec yes i know it aint all honda engines.. Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control ... the engine suits the drivers needs and commonly has low rpm torque as well as fuel economy... its a technology built and trademark by honda... chill out im doing the best i can trying to get a job and learning more.. you can only learn so much with what you have...
Old 10-20-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Help a Brother out... (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Don't get too big for your e-britches. Until you can use punctuation and the English language to your advantage, don't be shitting on other people who make the same mistakes.</TD></TR></TABLE>oooooooook I'll try not to the next time
Old 10-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok to get down with it.. im gonna get ma permit in a couple days and liscence in six months... with that time i have 6 months to earn money for a 94 hatchback cause ma parents aint gonna pay for my ***..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Good, you'll appreciate it more that way.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> plus i got cousins trippin saying they gonna **** me up if i get a car freely... those ****** haters.. anyways.. most of my life ive been around cars and learned about vtec engines and most honda car technology..</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of VTEC engines? A b18C1 is a different animal than a D16y8.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cars are like my main thing i can only say i luv in life and canyon driving ... i just want some advice from my bros and sisters here for help on how maybe i can make some money for my car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Get a job like the rest of us?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">please any ideas will be so huge a help.. i want to get a 94 hatchback but im not sure how much and what i should search for giving my money troubles. if you guys read this much i appreciate it and will appreciate more if u can help me out i need help! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can find a 92-95 hatchback for around 2000 dollars if you look. That's not hard to make in 6 months even on minimum wage if you don't go out and waste your money.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:07 PM

so whats you question?

how to earn money to get a car that has vtec?

if thats you question get a job and save money
Old 10-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

7 posts and a good old HT flaming
Old 10-20-2004, 06:16 PM

Yeah Ill learn to be more wise with the words i choose. The point is yeah, i want to get a 94 hatchback maybe just a D16 since i just need it to get me places till i can make more money to tune it. I want to make it my project car but thats thinking 2 years in advance. What I need to know is what might you do if your 15 half getting your permit in 2 weeks. Drove before and tune cars on weekends and have passion for it. Getting your liscence in half a year and want to be out on the road as fast as possible. What might you do to gain 2000 bucks as Ricey McRicerton said. This is just all i need summed up into one post. Thanks much
Old 10-20-2004, 06:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah Ill learn to be more wise with the words i choose. The point is yeah, i want to get a 94 hatchback maybe just a D16 since i just need it to get me places till i can make more money to tune it. I want to make it my project car but thats thinking 2 years in advance. What I need to know is what might you do if your 15 half getting your permit in 2 weeks. Drove before and tune cars on weekends and have passion for it. Getting your liscence in half a year and want to be out on the road as fast as possible. What might you do to gain 2000 bucks as Ricey McRicerton said. This is just all i need summed up into one post. Thanks much
</TD></TR></TABLE>what's up with all of that in the middle are you trying to show a picture or something?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WHAT THE HELL???
Old 10-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What might you do to gain 2000 bucks as Ricey McRicerton said. This is just all i need summed up into one post. Thanks much
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not old enough to play the lottery.

You have a few choices:
Rob a bank. This is risky. You may go to jail. Plus, without a car, how do you plan to get away?

Become a beggar. This is easy, but not for you if your a proud person. Also, beggars can't be choosers, so you may not end up with the 94 hatchback that you want.

Go and apply for jobs until you get one. This is not risky. You may have to work some crappy hours, but it sounds to me like you've never held a job before. Work isn't fun, but it makes you money.

You pick.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help a Brother out... (Ricey McRicerton)

y<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not old enough to play the lottery.

You have a few choices:
Rob a bank. This is risky. You may go to jail. Plus, without a car, how do you plan to get away?

Become a beggar. This is easy, but not for you if your a proud person. Also, beggars can't be choosers, so you may not end up with the 94 hatchback that you want.

Go and apply for jobs until you get one. This is not risky. You may have to work some crappy hours, but it sounds to me like you've never held a job before. Work isn't fun, but it makes you money.

You pick. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You forgot cultivating Marijuana risky, but could be very profitable especially in high school
Old 10-20-2004, 06:23 PM

do you think they might hire me for like Jiffy Lube? or maybe a fast food place near by... i know jobs aren't easy when you have to balance out school along with it. Ill do anything I need to have freedom to drive anywhere i want to when i feel like it.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmtech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you think they might hire me for like Jiffy Lube? or maybe a fast food place near by... i know jobs aren't easy when you have to balance out school along with it. Ill do anything I need to have freedom to drive anywhere i want to when i feel like it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know. Why don't you go ask them yourself? Some places require you to be 18, but I don't know if Jiffy Lube is like that.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah I remember my first job working at a blueberry patch when I was 14 picking up rocks in big *** plowed fields for 8 hrs a day. When applying at a blueberry patch one is under the impression that they will be picking blueberries, not always the case. Suck it up work hard it will all pay off in the end
Old 10-20-2004, 06:28 PM

im going with bgoetz... anyone want some weed? lol... is it really possible to find a hatchback for 2000 with a good ammount of mileage
Old 10-20-2004, 06:29 PM

If you get a job at 15, (which is going to be insanely hard) how are you going to get to that job?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:31 PM

why don't you work at taco bell or burger king.