Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HELP, brake problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, brake problem!

so whats up guys, im having some brake troubles. i have gsr brakes on my sol and i recently put on an rs teg master cylinder and booster. i bench bled the master fully before i put it in and the brakes are bled fine too. now the problem is intermitent and im at a loss. what happens is the pedal sinks to the floor, but slowly and if i take my foot of the brake and pump a lil it will regain pressure but it happens agin. it doesnt always happen though. today i drove to work andit was fine. the pedal wasnt as firm as it waslast week when i installed the master but it was holding and not sinking like yesterday. the pedal also feels more spongy then when i put the master on too. again im stressing that i fully bled EVERYTHING including the master properly so im almost positive it cant be that. o and im not losing any fluid at all from the resoviour(sp) so i dunno. help me guys, brakes are important to a daily driver!
Old 03-29-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: HELP, brake problem! (RedDelSol si)

cmon guys help me please!
Old 03-29-2004, 01:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since you're not losing any fluids, try bleeding all corners again. your mc might be going out as well.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedDelSol si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so whats up guys, im having some brake troubles. i have gsr brakes on my sol and i recently put on an rs teg master cylinder and booster. i bench bled the master fully before i put it in and the brakes are bled fine too. now the problem is intermitent and im at a loss. what happens is the pedal sinks to the floor, but slowly and if i take my foot of the brake and pump a lil it will regain pressure but it happens agin. it doesnt always happen though. today i drove to work andit was fine. the pedal wasnt as firm as it waslast week when i installed the master but it was holding and not sinking like yesterday. the pedal also feels more spongy then when i put the master on too. again im stressing that i fully bled EVERYTHING including the master properly so im almost positive it cant be that. o and im not losing any fluid at all from the resoviour(sp) so i dunno. help me guys, brakes are important to a daily driver!</TD></TR></TABLE>

bad master cylinder. Does it seem to happen more when the weather is warm? Or after driving for a while (i.e. hot under the hood)?

I had the same thing happen on my DA and it was the MC. You might have torn the seals when bleeding the brakes if you pushed the pedal down too far.

Steve
Old 03-30-2004, 11:07 AM

it doesnt happen all the time but i think it may be the seal between the master and brake booster because there is very little fluid leaking now between the bb and master. now its fine and doesn do it regardless of the temp but im gonna try that because that seal was cruddy as hell when i got it. i hope i dont need a new master because im gonna have to go the gsr route because its sitting at my local yard and its prolly the cheapest way to go; but i dont wanna reflare lines and stuff.