Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help! anyone with a turbo'd d-series!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! anyone with a turbo'd d-series!

hey everyone! My car is a 1992 civic lx and i am working on turboing my jdm d15b vtec, i pretty much have all the basic stuff down, i have never turbo'd a car before so im pretty new to what i need to do, the thing that puzzles me is where to run the oil and coolant lines... i know the oil feed should come from the oil filter housing, but how do i tap into that? i've got the oil return down, i just need to know what i need to do with coolant lines, or if i need to do anything with them at all since my turbo (T25) doesn't need a coolant source. also what to do with the vacuum lines, i just need to know the blow off valve (turboxs rfl) vacuum lines since my turbo is internally wastegated at 8 psi and i dont have any intention on running more than that until i upgrade. how should i go about tuning my car to run right? i plan on getting the apexi vafc II, should i need anything else? do i need to mess with my timing? i also have the missing link map sensor fix. my fuel upgrades will consist of a walboro 255 lph pump, to 12:1 preset FMU from drag, to b&m adjustable fuel pressure regulator, to AEM fuel rail, to DSM 450 cc injectors....is that good enough for fuel? i also have my ignition system started, with the MSD modified distributor cap, MSD blaster 2 coil, and 8.5 mm MSD super conductor wires, im gonna go with NGK plugs too. anyone that can help the noob to forced induction will be my personal hero haha since im new here, i don't know how to post pictures yet but when i find out ill post pictures so everyone i confused with my rambling will understand me haha
Old 11-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help! anyone with a turbo'd d-series! (1jdmferio)

well, first off the oil comes from the oil pressure sensor, you actually get a Tee fitting when you buy the oil lines and hook it up there. the BOV gets Tee'd into a vacuum source off the intake mani. As for tuning, either go with the Hack by itself and get a base numbers from someone as a starting point, or go with the FMU and missing link setup, which is really only reliable up to 6 lbs. check out turbod16.com for some more info. its really not that bad at all to turbo a D
Old 11-25-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: help! anyone with a turbo'd d-series! (1jdmferio)

d-series.org and turbod16.com are where you want to be.

STAY AWAY FROM THAT FMU please... PLEASE = ]

http://www.d-series.org/forums...14212

http://turbod16.com/viewforum....e22fb

great starting points for you. Please for you own good. Calm down a bit and research further. I started my turbo project about 1 year and a half after buying my car because i wanted to learn more about her as she is, and now that i have researched quite a bit and know what she is capable of i feel ready to take our relationship to the next level. = ]