DSM Sidemount Intercooler
DSM 450cc Injectors
Missign Link
Vafc2--(no pinging, gtg)

Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn..nice curve man!

210whp for 7psi is pretty nice too.

Ever think about a FMIC instead of the side mount, or are you shooting for the stealth look? Only thing i'd change is what you're tuning with. VAFC's are crap for the setup you have. Have you considered a standalone and a proper tune? It would do WONDERS for reliability and certainly boost those hp numbers and smooth out that curve as well.

Are you tuned at all professionally or did you screw around with the VAFC settings yourself? Just trying to look out for ya man as you're making decent numbers as is and i'd hate to see it go to waste due to an improper tune!

Are you personally happy with the results? Post this over in the forced induction forum too and see what they think but i'd personally be pretty happy with it.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

I think thats at 14psi, either way thats very nice work with a VAFC. Although stock block i dont know how long that will last. You should upgrade to crome and make even more power.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: had my car dyno'd the other day (rafimos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rafimos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Internal wastegate 7 psi
Joe P MBC XLs (extra 7 psi)</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you mean 14psi or 7psi?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it has to be 14...he cant be making that much power with 7psi
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it has to be 14...he cant be making that much power with 7psi</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree...especially with stock internals, i'm assuming
Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 PM

Default Re: (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it has to be 14...he cant be making that much power with 7psi</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know for sure so im not arguing..but @ 14psi shouldnt he be making significantly MORE than 210 with that much boost?

If it IS 14psi I would be VERY nervous with it being the stock block and only a VAFC for tuning. In my opinion that would be a time bomb!

Original Poster....WHERE ART THOU???????? We need your information! haha.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...sorry guys...

yes i do need to tune with crome...which i have a basemap to do so...but there is an issue with timing on the y8 motors.....and since i have straight compression across all cylinders i said screw it and upped the boost to 14psi for the dyno

and the vafc is ok for adding fuel but when you take out fuel is when timing goes crazy...

.......and if she blows...thats ok....i dont mind the time bomb factor that im playing with cuz im planning on swapping over to a z6 that doesnt have this whole crazy timing bs

and yes i plan to be able to push about 20-30hp more once i get the tune straight with crome...(ecu is sitting in my backseat waiting)

but im happy with my curve really.....its nice solid and pretty good for a vafc tune....best ive ever seen...
Old 12-11-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Re: (rafimos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rafimos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...sorry guys...

yes i do need to tune with crome...which i have a basemap to do so...but there is an issue with timing on the y8 motors.....and since i have straight compression across all cylinders i said screw it and upped the boost to 14psi for the dyno

and the vafc is ok for adding fuel but when you take out fuel is when timing goes crazy...

.......and if she blows...thats ok....i dont mind the time bomb factor that im playing with cuz im planning on swapping over to a z6 that doesnt have this whole crazy timing bs

and yes i plan to be able to push about 20-30hp more once i get the tune straight with crome...(ecu is sitting in my backseat waiting)

but im happy with my curve really.....its nice solid and pretty good for a vafc tune....best ive ever seen...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see I see...well with that said, I dont have anything to add other than good luck in the future...and make sure you post the next dyno graph after Chrome.

So do you have the boost set to 14 all the time, or just for the dyno? If you turned it back down to 7 you'll probably be just fine until you get everything done that you need to.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh...and just to add to kinda clarify the hp to psi difference

the 209hp is made at 10psi.....but the 14psi got me to the 190 mark quicker...

the td04h turbo runs out of breath after about 5600
Old 12-11-2006, 11:25 PM

I see...so what are you running daily psi wise?

A7X...thier first 2 albums were INCREDIBLE! Waking the Fallen is actually probably in my top 10 favorite albums of ALL TIME! City of Evil in my opinion was too "poppy" for my taste, trying too hard to go mainstream. Oh well, whatever makes them that cash.

If you're into that kind of music, check out the new Killswitch Engage album...its absolutely stunning! Im so excited I get to see KSE and Hatebreed in Baltimore this friday!

Also...All that Remains is a great band that i've been listening to alot latey!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

psi wise daily i run about 10 which is safe yet fun...

and i tune it to run about 11:1 at full boost

my emulator to help me tune should be here friday...so ill be playing with timing then....just gotta find a place to put my ect in

and i agree... city of evil is a bit mainstream...but its a killer album....but i still consider trumpets/waking the fallen the best albums....

and i listen to Atreyu a lot....like a lot...so check them out if you havent...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> City of Evil in my opinion was too "poppy" for my taste, trying too hard to go mainstream. Oh well, whatever makes them that cash.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Finally someone agrees with me!

What exactly is the timing issue on the D16y8?

Nice curves.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Djaric)

its not so much an issue with timing per se... but if you run an obd1 ecu there is no set basemap for timing like there is other cars....

sometimes it works off a p30 code sometimes it works off a p72 code....

and thanks ... itll serve as a decent milestone for how much a tune can really pull out...

i have another dyno day coming up after i get some things settled...and then im set