Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR Swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR Swap questions

I wanted to know what i needed in order to get this swap together. Its a 2000 gsr swap into a 99 EK Hatch. I want to get my car bar'd. I have all the major components but wanted to know what kind of intake to use? Would a gsr stock intake fit? What kind of Cat did you use? Can I use a magnaflow cat? Also what kind of exhaust to use??? Would i have to get an exhaust and chop it down to make it fit? I really like the WS2 or Greddy SP2. Do I get the exhaust for the GSR Spec or civic Spec. I am slowly piecing everything together so i can get the swap done in one go around. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GSR Swap questions

I used my stock y8 intake box with an LS arm cut in half. I think the gsr intake arm is the best solution, I just haven't found one cheap yet, and I'm not sure if the airbox will bolt in. Do you have a y7? If so, you may be able to mod the arm so it'll fit, but I'm not sure about the airbox. The easiest solution though would be to get a gsr CAI or shortram. Personally, I wanted to keep the OEM look. Here's what mine looks like so you get an idea:

I used my stock y8 cat, but I had to have an exhaust shop do a little work to it. You'll need to cut the flange off of the engine side of the cat, weld in about 2" of pipe, and turn the flange 90 degrees to mate up with the bolt holes on the gsr header. I've never heard of anyone having to do this on any swap other than gsr into 99-00 civic.

I'm sure an exhaust shop can make a magnaflow fit, but I'm not familiar with bar requirements... I assume they'll pass if they're CARB parts and pass the sniffer, but I don't know... I live in IL lol.

I used the stock civic exhaust to start with, but upgraded to the WS2 later. You want to order the exhaust that goes with the car, not the engine... so you'll need a civic hatch exhaust. Something I found out with mine was that I had to have the exhaust shop add in another 1" of pipe to make the WS2 fit correctly without hitting the gastank - it was just pulling too much towards the front of the car. Mine's a coupe though, so yours may be different.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR Swap questions

Thanks for the help and ALSO GREAT WRITE UP ON THE SWAP!!! If i decide to do it myself i will definately use this as a resource!