Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Govnt Auctions? Scam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Govnt Auctions? Scam?

http://motorcycles2006.drives.it/

Do these actually work and has anyone bought from them? Any police auctions? And is there any place online were they tell you were the nearest auction will be held and when? I know these type of websites charge for a listing but jus curious if were they might be posted for free, come on kick down someknowledge if you know! Peace!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Govnt Auctions? Scam? (manueliscool)

I would keep clear.. I got juiced for 80 bucks from one of the.. Luckily I paid by card and my bank ripped my money right back out of the account it was sent to
Old 07-08-2006, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Govnt Auctions? Scam? (Ls_V_TurboSi)

I have always wondered too if a "seized vehicle" ad was worth it or not... what makes me wonder is why they are charging you money to just look through vehicles and parts that they say they need to get rid of. Anyone else done this and found out what happened?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:00 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why would you trust a site that is into getting **** sold at american auctions....and its ******* REGISTERED IN ITAY?????????????????
Old 07-09-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Govnt Auctions? Scam? (manueliscool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by manueliscool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://motorcycles2006.drives.it/

Do these actually work and has anyone bought from them? Any police auctions? And is there any place online were they tell you were the nearest auction will be held and when? I know these type of websites charge for a listing but jus curious if were they might be posted for free, come on kick down someknowledge if you know! Peace!</TD></TR></TABLE>

most of those shitty auctions that are advertised usually only have crap... you need to get yourself into the insurance auctions if you want to get a decent vehicle (bought a 99si with a broken ignition and alot of minor scratches and broken windows (obviously a fraud) for $375)... you have to pay a fee usually and maintain a membership, but it will pay for itself after a little while
Old 07-09-2006, 08:58 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Govnt Auctions? Scam? (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">most of those shitty auctions that are advertised usually only have crap... you need to get yourself into the insurance auctions if you want to get a decent vehicle (bought a 99si with a broken ignition and alot of minor scratches and broken windows (obviously a fraud) for $375)... you have to pay a fee usually and maintain a membership, but it will pay for itself after a little while</TD></TR></TABLE>

a lot of that also varies state by state, i know in texas you HAVE to be a car dealer to get through the door and that will require at least a $25k bond with the satete or similar.....BTW that price on the Si rocks, down here that would still ahve been a $5k car most likely.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Govnt Auctions? Scam? (v4lu3s)

phisically went to a san diego auction we bought a crown vc cop car 2 grand lasted us a few years not bad they get really cheap
Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's probably legit, I still woudln't trust it...I only trust those things if you go to them, like locally, like u see an ad in ur area or something, online it's too......too much of a chance to get fucked over, iono
Old 07-09-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

I wouldn't trust any place online that charges you to see the listings. Look for local police auctions. We have an annual police siezed vehicle auction here and the prices are great. I know alot of guys on H-T hate on Mustangs, but about 6 years ago a guy picked up a clean 4 year old convertible Mustang GT for $1500. It was only missing the radio (for some reason they pull all the radios before auction). I try to go every year.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: (FarinaMotorsports)

I would not pay, my buddy just went to a forest service auction and scored a 96 shortbed dodge pickup 4x4 with a winch for $1500. Can't beat that even if its border patrol green.

btw he plans to leave it that color
Old 07-09-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Govnt Auctions? Scam? (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a lot of that also varies state by state, i know in texas you HAVE to be a car dealer to get through the door and that will require at least a $25k bond with the satete or similar.....BTW that price on the Si rocks, down here that would still ahve been a $5k car most likely.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true... check your areas local insurance auction rules for attendance... and on the si, just another example of the great bargains i've received from attending these auctions (salvaged titles be damned LOLz)