Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is this a good idea?? (READ)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ)

Ok heres what I'm going to do:
I have a 94 civic EX with a JDM B16 swap in it... My car is Limegreen with a full body kit, white 17's, Suburu hood scoop(lol),wing,and some other rice.....When i first got into the Import scene that stuff was cool to me...but now that I have a better understanding of Honda perfromance and every thing...that stuff is just gay...the people around where i live only know Fast & Furious looking imports with neon glow and loud exhuast and all the gay **** that goes with it...but I actually relize that stuffs ******* retarded....thats why I'm going to get rid of my **** and get some thing diffrent: Heres what i'm going to do:
95 civic hatch with a B20 or a B18,
Type R yellow with gutted interior
Sparco seats
Greddy Cat back
fully built motor
Mugen MF10'S 15"

So what do you guys think and if anyone has any ideas on what i should do on my new project just let me know.....thanks again!!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (MUGEN_B16CIVIC)

As much as I hate to say it...do whatever your heart desires. If you still like the lime green car with the kit and wing, keep it. If you want to build a D15 do it. Do whatever your budjet and knowledge level permits. I have never once hated on anyone for not being able to afford a B series swap and building a D15 or anything like that (or owning a kit, etc.) if they were really happy about their stuff, because at the end of the day what does it matter to me?? It's their car, their money and their time and energy being spent on it.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes please get rid of the rice , but seriously do whatever you want because you will be looking and driving your car the most, not others. how about posting some pics of your right now and then update as you make progress on your car.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:54 AM

ok , how do i post pics on here...i havent ever done it....?
Old 02-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that **** would be nice!
Old 02-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As much as I hate to say it...do whatever your heart desires. If you still like the lime green car with the kit and wing, keep it. If you want to build a D15 do it. Do whatever your budjet and knowledge level permits. I have never once hated on anyone for not being able to afford a B series swap and building a D15 or anything like that (or owning a kit, etc.) if they were really happy about their stuff, because at the end of the day what does it matter to me?? It's their car, their money and their time and energy being spent on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WeRd.. more people on HT need to think like you.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:04 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (IDriveAHonda)

you've seen the light now step into it. if that's what you like then i say go for it.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

or you could just take off the stuff that you dont want and start with what you got. I mean yo have a ex (coupe or 4 door) so you got pw pl sunroof and other goodies. Plus you already have a swap. so just have fun with what you got.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 AM
I want to be MADE into Ice-T

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (sohcvtec1995)

yeah man, i feel your pain, i was BIG into the rice scene, and yes i did see the light lol, i sold my car and got a coupe and built the motor, it was a ton of fun, but really tho, do what you want to do, if you actually hate your car the way it is then simply start over and be happy with it. good luck on whatever you choose to do, and remember it's your car, it only matters what you think of it..... but i'd go ahead and ditch the kit and the paint
Old 02-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl

basically like what everyone is saying do what u like whether its racing or for show u have to pick what u want to spend your money on and good luck with whatever u decide on
Old 02-18-2004, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (streetdreams02)

Its a coupe.....LOL i do have power windows and locks but....I just recentlly got rid of power steering, A.C., Cruise,etc.... but i think it would cost more to repaint this car and get new bumpers and all that ****....but i'll figure something out....
Old 02-18-2004, 10:39 AM

Yeah, definetly do that! I love hatches, even though I have a coupe that is the only thing I would have gotten instead of my si. Ha, my friends was the same way, except he had a white four door with all of that ****. Ya know, huge ******* airplane wing, but thank god he laid off the weeds and starting realizing how to make his car look right.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:42 AM

you could probably get some of the local guys to trade you their stock stuff for yours. that way you don't have to go through the hassle of getting a new car. plus you already have a b-series. but do whatever makes you happy. that's what is important.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:51 AM

yep, i agree....i for one have a bodykit on my civic (big mouth wings west)...I love the jdm style, and trying to go that way, but cant afford it. So as of right now everything stays the way it is, till i can afford it or have extra cash.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (Hello Jr)

yeah but look at it this way:
If i get this hatch then ill have a few thousand to but into the new swap....but im just not to sure if it would be worth fixing my car because if i change the paint then i'm going to have to pull the motor again and paint the engine compartment again....and that was not the funnest thing ive ever done.....
Old 02-18-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (Hello Jr)

it's all up to you. if you still like how your car looks then you should keep it and just build it up to make it how you want. me personally i don't like showy cars...my looks simple but it's quick...it all depends on you and your preferences...if you like that show look then go for it but if not and yer realizing that all that showy sheit is kinda whack then...yeh...fix it. do what you want. please just don't make an annoying *** loud exhausted car that looks like its fast as hell but really slow. haha...DUN DO THAT. oright well good luck with it
Old 02-18-2004, 10:59 AM

how about you just take off the stuff YOU don't like any more and turbo the b16.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (kwik2nec)

well its actually going to be an all motor set up on which ever car
Old 02-18-2004, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MUGEN_B16CIVIC)

Haha

I wanna see a pic of this beauty.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:16 PM

Default Re: (greebler)

why are u asking other people if its a good idea? personally i think this is stupid you should do what u want to do not by what other people say i mean your doing this for your self right?! it seems like u want other people opinion on your car and you have no say into it i think u should not try to do something because is in no adays you should just do something because u like it and **** what other people say
Old 02-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itsm3paul)

The bandwagon is waiting for you. I agree with itsm3paul. Do what you want to do, not what other ppls perception of "cool" is. Don't build up your next car to other ppls expectations just for the sake of being part of the new "in" crowd of the Honda world.
And I noticed that you listed "Gutted interior" as sort of a mod but only said "Fully buit motor" with no tech.

Dont let everyone else build your car by telling you what to do.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: (kwik2nec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kwik2nec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about you just take off the stuff YOU don't like any more and turbo the b16. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MUGEN_B16CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok heres what I'm going to do:
I have a 94 civic EX with a JDM B16 swap in it... My car is Limegreen with a full body kit, white 17's, Suburu hood scoop(lol),wing,and some other rice.....When i first got into the Import scene that stuff was cool to me...but now that I have a better understanding of Honda perfromance and every thing...that stuff is just gay...the people around where i live only know Fast & Furious looking imports with neon glow and loud exhuast and all the gay **** that goes with it...but I actually relize that stuffs ******* retarded....thats why I'm going to get rid of my **** and get some thing diffrent: Heres what i'm going to do:
95 civic hatch with a B20 or a B18,
Type R yellow with gutted interior
Sparco seats
Greddy Cat back
fully built motor
Mugen MF10'S 15"

So what do you guys think and if anyone has any ideas on what i should do on my new project just let me know.....thanks again!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

From my standpoint none of this is going to work for you. It seems you're either a follower of people or of trends. If that is the case, which to an extent it does seem that way then nothing is ever going to be good enough because of the opinions of others and the ability of things to progress and/or change. What you need to learn is how to do things by personal preference. Exercise your ability to think because not everyone is going to agree with everything done to your car. In the end this is your money but to this point it sounds as if you've just been spending it for other's liking. Do what makes you happy.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Getting rid of my RICE!!!(READ) (INVALID)

I wasnt asking people to tell me what they want me to do.....i was just asking for ideas....to see if theres something that i might like that i have over looked.......
Oh yeah what i ment by fully built motor was this:
Port & Polish
5 Angle valve job
bored 20 over
cumbustion chamber work
JUN cams
new retainers & valve springs...lol
and a couple of other things along with various bolt-ons such as:
Skunk 2 intake mani.
JUN cam gears
fuel rails
fuel reg.