Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

girl needs help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default girl needs help

i have a 95 civic ex w i/h/e. I want more power out of the d series without going turbo. i want to keep the d series. what are some options. will more power break the drivtrain? my car is an automatic New cams? new pistons what should i do? is auto 2 manual swap the only option?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:57 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your car is automatically worthless, and due to the fact that you want your automatic civic to be fast .... you're a ricer. D-series don't make any reasonable power without boost. Sorry, toots.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your car is automatic you're a ricer. Sorry, toots.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-24-2006, 11:03 AM

ouch!! why no turbo??
Old 09-24-2006, 11:05 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Wonk Unit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wonk Unit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ouch!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Representing the 'No E-Pimpin' Squad. Doin' our mamma's proud since 1984
Old 09-24-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Wonk Unit)

Cam, Valvetrain, Head porting, Nitrous, Auto-----&gt;Manual conversion.

Why no boost or no swap???
Old 09-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: girl needs help (sara)

girl you gotta get yourself a B16... VTEC is gonna be yours best friend..
Old 09-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: girl needs help (NAlover)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAlover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">girl you gotta get yourself a B16... VTEC is gonna be yours best friend.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

b16? lol
Old 09-24-2006, 12:16 PM

your dick is also completely worthless you bitch *** ******.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: (sara)

now that right there is some love. In all reality, power out of a d series engine without boost is gonna be both very costly and hard to get. as was stated above, you could port and polish, new cam shafts, pistons, rods, etc etc etc. once you look at how much money in parts and labor you will have, a swap looks much better. I don't blame you in not wanting to turbo a d series, it's like gold plating a terd. At the very least go b16, better b18 or h22, maybe even k20
Old 09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (sara)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your dick is also completely worthless you bitch *** ******. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Be that as it may, he kind of has a point. The automatic transmission is going to be the biggest hurdle in overcoming your car's sloth. If you do an auto-to-manual conversion, that will help immensely...probably more than any bolt-on or internal work you could ever do.

Now, to my questions:

1.) you suggest pistons and cam changes, but you don't want to go turbo, which suggests to me you think cam/pistons is an easier and more cost effective option. It's not. You won't pick up decent power without overbuilding it, it will require machine work that you cannot do and unless you feel like changing every gasket and bearing, it's just not a good option.

2.) turbocharging is easy - you can do it in a weekend - and it will provide you just as much reliability if you get it tuned well by someone who knows what they're doing. Why are you hesitant to do this?

3.) nitrous. It's gay, but it works
Old 09-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Turbo95Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo95Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now that right there is some love. In all reality, power out of a d series engine without boost is gonna be both very costly and hard to get. as was stated above, you could port and polish, new cam shafts, pistons, rods, etc etc etc. once you look at how much money in parts and labor you will have, a swap looks much better. I don't blame you in not wanting to turbo a d series, it's like gold plating a terd. At the very least go b16, better b18 or h22, maybe even k20</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also, this guy here is utterly retarded and you should avoid listening to him at all costs.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 PM

read these links

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=554053- SOHC VTEC Mini Me 92-95
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=735196- SOHC VTEC Mini Me 96-00
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=335078- Spades Huge SOHC Upgrades Thread
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1316692- Auto to Manual Transmission Conversion for an EG
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010- Swaps Available For Civics
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=50010- Places People Got Their Swaps
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=131949- How To Swap a Motor
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

why am I utterly retarded? Jesus, this is worse than all the jeep forums i belong to. As for you thinking I am retarded, as your profile states you have a bone stock d16 in your civic, you probably wouldn't have any idea how much internals for one of these engines cost. You're probably a 16 year old kid who just got his license and think you are god's gift to the world. You aren't. Since you are from Columbus, why don't you go over to the guys at slowmotion and learn a thing or two. When you buy the quality parts it takes to get power out of a naturally aspirated car, it takes A LOT of money and time. IF this girl wants an all engine d series motor, it's going to take a lot of engine work. I was just stating that it would be easier and cheaper to do a swap to get the power.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo95Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why am I utterly retarded?</TD></TR></TABLE>

too much mis-information.

Sara, to answer you question, IMO, yes auto to manual is your only option. Automatics have more power loss and the 4 gears make having a sporty close ratio tranny impossible. A 4 cylinder NEEDS a closer ratio transmission to make good use of it's powerband.

Although your car will never be truly respectable (again IMO) with an automatic, you might be happy enough with the auto+boost. I suggest that you save up for a turbo kit, and have it installed and professionally tuned. Your car will be reliable if you keep the boost pretty low, but the tranny can't handle much over 200whp. Also if you keep the auto you'll need a tranny cooler.

All motor D's are difficult to make fast. They are more of a challenge and not really for beginners. Even IF you had a nicely built all motor D16 with a close ratio 5spd tranny it would probably be slower than your auto D16 on 7psi.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

too much misinformation?

Maybe I just don't understand you people. Looks like I won't be spending much time on this site.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo95Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why am I utterly retarded? Jesus, this is worse than all the jeep forums i belong to. As for you thinking I am retarded, as your profile states you have a bone stock d16 in your civic, you probably wouldn't have any idea how much internals for one of these engines cost. You're probably a 16 year old kid who just got his license and think you are god's gift to the world. You aren't. Since you are from Columbus, why don't you go over to the guys at slowmotion and learn a thing or two. When you buy the quality parts it takes to get power out of a naturally aspirated car, it takes A LOT of money and time. IF this girl wants an all engine d series motor, it's going to take a lot of engine work. I was just stating that it would be easier and cheaper to do a swap to get the power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you have no idea what you're talking about, or who you're talking to
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo95Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">too much misinformation?

Maybe I just don't understand you people. Looks like I won't be spending much time on this site.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you people!!!!

lol, when you advocate a b16 swap over a turbo D16z6 you are automatically put into a category of people who don't know what they're talking about.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: girl needs help (sara)

couple of things:
-first off she said she has an SOHC motor so she only needs A cam....imo the zex 59300 is the best all around cam for either turbo or NA just upgrade the valve springs and you'll be fine to rev over stock redline

-I would really suggest a auto-&gt;manual conversion as already said...it won't give you any extra whp or tq, but the MUCH closer gear ratios will make the car feel faster....if you really want to keepthe auto, TCI offers lighter weight TQ converters that increase throttle response similar to a lightweight flywheel in a manual.

-a turbo d with the same amount of $$ put into it as a stock b16swap(around 3000 installed) will beat any stock swap, as long as the money is wisely spent ie:vitaras, TT rods, ARP hardware, zex cam & valvesprings, used QUALITY kit/parts(no ebay special), rebuild the turbo and get someone to install and tune it.

- the guy who said turboing a dseries is like putting gold plating on a piece of **** needs to check out this thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1643764
he's mos def. a tard that obviously doesn't know much about hondas

I owned an NA b16 and was not happy with it, got it all the way up to 160whp and 110tq(pretty good for ALL stock internals), I now picked up an SOHC sol and will be turboing it.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:48 PM

you have two things against you

1. its an auto which will get smoked by stick cars no matter how fast you are
2. its a d-series. its slow as hell. no matter what you do it will still be slow. even if you turbo you will still get smoked by GSR's will bolt ons.

here lemme tell you my story
i got me a EG si model single cam vtec. i was gonna do a swap but i didnt have money so instead i got bolt ons. i figure im gonna learn how to build motors in the single cam so if i expletive up it wont cost much. im gonna put a cam in there and maybe squeeze nitrous. and smoke all the turbo D's hahahahah
Old 09-24-2006, 01:50 PM

one more thing. you have a civic. 90% of all you do will only smoke other modified hondas. if you wanna beat factory fast cars you need some crazy **** like a K

i've been in a k it is crazy

BAHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BAHHHHHH
Old 09-24-2006, 01:51 PM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your car is automatically worthless, and due to the fact that you want your automatic civic to be fast .... you're a ricer. D-series don't make any reasonable power without boost. Sorry, toots.</TD></TR></TABLE>

shut the expletive up.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:52 PM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Representing the 'No E-Pimpin' Squad. Doin' our mamma's proud since 1984 </TD></TR></TABLE>

shut the expletive up.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

First off, I never advocated that a b16 would be faster than a turbo d16, but longer lasting, yes, more potential, yes. I own both a d16 power civic (jdmified 4 door grocery getter) and a b16 powered (b18 block with 44k miles waiting in my garage) turbo hatch. I read in the girls original post that she did not want a turbo. You can build up a DOHC engine to run naturally aspirated much farther than you can a SOHC. For crying out loud, the 10 second barrier was broken in a natural H22. For this girls best value, getting a DOHC swap now is her best bet, she can add a turbo later on down the road. I don't mean to start my membership here off on a bad foot, but for you all to call me a tard and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about is rediculous. I might not know as much as a lot of people b/c I don't eat, sleep, and drink Hondas, but I know a little bit. It's the difference between starting with a good base and working up and jumping right to the top with a weak base. I think most everyone will agree that with all things and modifications being equal, a DOHC boosted will beat a SOHC boosted any day.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:39 PM
HT White Ops

Crabby people up in this thread. Sorry I didn't fall to the ground and worship because some chick wants the uberfast veetak automatics n/a build.

Quick Reply: girl needs help