Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get????

Not sure exactly on what gauges to get. I want a air/fuel gauge cause they are pretty neat looking. Car is na, no plans for turbo or anything. Debating on water temp, oil pressure, or any other ideas? Also, anyone have any suggestions on brands/styles of gauges. I am leaning towards autometer gauges of some sort but they are kind of spendy.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want a air/fuel gauge cause they are pretty neat looking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NEAT LOOKING?

If your car is stock, you DON'T need aftermarket gauges, total waste of $. Spend that on a good suspension setup or something.

Don't be a ricer
Old 05-17-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (fnananon)

It already has H&R springs. And I actually want the water temp and oil pressure guage for function, not form. I don't trust factory temp gauges and we all know when the oil light comes on its too late.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:57 PM

hey, a lil off topic, but i am looking to get H&R springs for my 00 EBP Si, and i was wondering how much of a drop they gave, and if u exprienced any problems or dislikes w/ them.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (ApexiSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ApexiSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, a lil off topic, but i am looking to get H&R springs for my 00 EBP Si, and i was wondering how much of a drop they gave, and if u exprienced any problems or dislikes w/ them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love mine, not sure which ones they are exactly cause they were in the car when I got it. Rides real nice, handles great, and sits a little lower than my brothers SI with Tokico 2.25" struts/springs.

Old 05-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not sure exactly on what gauges to get. I want a air/fuel gauge cause they are pretty neat looking. Car is na, no plans for turbo or anything. Debating on water temp, oil pressure, or any other ideas? Also, anyone have any suggestions on brands/styles of gauges. I am leaning towards autometer gauges of some sort but they are kind of spendy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The air/fuel gauge is just for show (so I've been reading). I plan to get the oil press. and water temp. Phantom series by Autometer
Old 05-17-2003, 07:00 PM
StreetRacnGsR

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (Hybrid93Hatch)

Get Air/Fuel,Oil Temp and Water Temp. Get good autometer gauges i have a full pillar pod with the new C2 gauges in them they are nice. There also good price.

Old 05-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I am leaning towards autometer gauges of some sort but they are kind of spendy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You think Autometer are spendy?? and i was going to suggest getting some defi gauges ah well.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (fnananon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fnananon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If your car is stock, you DON'T need aftermarket gauges, total waste of $. Spend that on a good suspension setup or something.

Don't be a ricer </TD></TR></TABLE>

i disagree.... i think its always good to know where your oil presure is or the water temp..hell even a batt volt gauge is good to have
Old 05-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Even is your motor is stock, it never hurts to have an air/fuel ratio guage.
I love it.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:26 PM

IMO go with some autometer gauges like air/fuel ratio, oil temp and pressure. I love mine.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (sshaikh01)

man the EGT one is so much more accurate than the shitty AIR/FUEL autometer one .. honestly that AIR/FUEL one is just all looks and a egt will tell you if your running lean or rich and be way more accurately... also for a N/A motor oil pressure/water temp are best bet for it remember to get electronic units
you should get the Gauge bezel that puts the gauges right behind your steering wheel for better view
Old 05-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (IM ALL BOB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IM ALL BOB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man the EGT one is so much more accurate than the shitty AIR/FUEL autometer one .. honestly that AIR/FUEL one is just all looks and a egt will tell you if your running lean or rich and be way more accurately... also for a N/A motor oil pressure/water temp are best bet for it remember to get electronic units
you should get the Gauge bezel that puts the gauges right behind your steering wheel for better view</TD></TR></TABLE>

only good advice i've heard in this whole thread.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (hanson said)

I have digital Guagues i would never get anything else, so nice

autometer sucks end of story.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">autometer sucks end of story.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How did you come to that conclusion?
Old 05-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (Hybrid93Hatch)

at least their air/fuel sux..

everything else is good I guess..
Old 05-18-2003, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (navin)

I have Autometer gauges for sale. Air/fuel, tranny temp. And Ractive oil temp, water temp, oil pressure. The blue carbon fiber one.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Down Since Day 1

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (92SiB18C1)

Air/Fuel is ******* pointless unless your motor is tuned and you actually have aftermarket engine parts. So dont even waste the 30 on something pretty. I had a A/F on my b16 swapped EF with built head and a VAFC, even when i was running rich the A/F gauge read late.

Get these:
Oil Temp
Water Temp
Voltage Meter

3 usefull gauges.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (ApexiSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ApexiSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, a lil off topic, but i am looking to get H&R springs for my 00 EBP Si, and i was wondering how much of a drop they gave, and if u exprienced any problems or dislikes w/ them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stay away from H&R I've heard too many complaints about them sagging, You can get Neuspeed for about 100$ cheaper, and they have better quality
Old 06-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (Hatchbslo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchbslo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Stay away from H&R I've heard too many complaints about them sagging, You can get Neuspeed for about 100$ cheaper, and they have better quality</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno where you came up with that. H&R springs are awesome. $100 cheaper? WTF so you can get neuspeeds for $30?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The oil pressure is the best of all...If you get that one get the mechanical one. People will tell you not to run oil lines into the car but I have had mine for a year with no problems...Just buy the copper tubing, I didnt use the nylon tubing cause I think it can break. The air/fuel is just a light show...It does work but if your car isnt tuned then it doesnt do anything. It will just go back and forth and look pretty.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gauge pod, need 3 gauges, which would you get???? (ultimatehonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ultimatehonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The oil pressure is the best of all...If you get that one get the mechanical one. People will tell you not to run oil lines into the car but I have had mine for a year with no problems...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've read the electrical is just as accurate (if not as, really close). I just don't see a need to take a risk with oil leaking in the car versus the electrical where you don't have to.

One guy at a local car shop said to stay away from mechanical as it's a BIG mess if something goes wrong. I'm one of those where something usually goes wrong