Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

front and rear strut bar. noticable difference

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front and rear strut bar. noticable difference

Im lookin in to putting front and rear strut bars on my 97 ej8 lowered on tein springs and stock struts/shcoks.
Will i notice a noticable difference in handling? How much harsher will my ride be? Is it even worth it gettin a rear strut bar?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (turnsignalandy)

I never felt a difference with my strut bars.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i never felt a difference once they were on (front rear 1gen mugen) but i removed my rear bar only, and lets just going into the 25mph freeway exchange and not remembering i removed the rear bar,,,,instant DRIFTO! ACTION! just like the god damn movies two lane turn, car in front of me on left lane, me behind in the right lane, and car behind me in the left lane... for socal peeps 605 north to the 10east exchange. nice circle of a turn, and tight hence 25mph posted turn. and yes i easily saw my rear seat without turning my head that much...

i took the turn at 35 (like i said i completely forgot i removed the bar, i didnt do it on purpose )

so i clearly felt a difference once they were off...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (cxSHOE)

I didn't notice a huge difference in my 98 hatch, but initial turn in seemed a bit sharper with just the rear bar on. They were just cheapy eBay bars tho. If it was me I'd just save the money on the bars and put it towards shocks better suited for your Teins.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 PM

i agree with sivix, get soem shocks and struts made for lowering springs, but i have a lowered 98 ej8 with neuspeed front upper and NRG rear upper bars and its def a nice lil cornering machine. im lowered on neuspeed race 2.25'' drop springs, with KYB-GR2s. im bout to get the lower bars. i have taken soem on ramps as much as 35 over recommended speed
Old 09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (siVix)

I had some cheap generic bars in my old EG hatch, definatley made an improvement, but I think the more rigid password or mugen style bars(with no flexpoints or adjustability) would be better.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (broketuner-sol_si)

unless your auto crossing or take corners at 30mph+, you probably wont notice a difference on the road.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i go for the stock front and i have a neuspeed rear that's been passed from civic to civic for the passed 8 years or so.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

CHADA
Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: (ek gripper)

I have a Spoon front strut bar and Skunk2 rear upper and lower tie bars and I noticed a slight difference on the freeway. After I got new Hankook tires for my Si wheels I noticed it to be way more stable in turns. Just dont pull any Tokyo Drift bs when if you decide to install them.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:08 AM
H-T's Biggest Retard

Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never felt a difference with my strut bars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What??? You must have had shitty ones.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:10 AM
H-T's Biggest Retard

Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (broketuner-sol_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-sol_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had some cheap generic bars in my old EG hatch, definatley made an improvement, but I think the more rigid password or mugen style bars(with no flexpoints or adjustability) would be better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you, this is the truth. The only down side is that if you have the power to get those tires to light up you will experiance some wheel hop with the front strut bar.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 AM
H-T's Biggest Retard

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turnsignalandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im lookin in to putting front and rear strut bars on my 97 ej8 lowered on tein springs and stock struts/shcoks.
Will i notice a noticable difference in handling? How much harsher will my ride be? Is it even worth it gettin a rear strut bar?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you look at the engine bay of every single import race car, not race sceen but race car, none of them have the brace in the front any longer. It makes the wheel hop really bad. The one in the rear is a definate yes though. You should also get the lower as well.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (crvtec10)

A nice big sway bar coupled with a asr brace is going to be a better improvement
Old 09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: front and rear strut bar. noticable difference (crvtec10)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crvtec10 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you look at the engine bay of every single import race car, not race sceen but race car, none of them have the brace in the front any longer. It makes the wheel hop really bad. The one in the rear is a definate yes though. You should also get the lower as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are you talking about you, have NO ******* CLUE thats why, I read some of your other post and please get off this board!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crvtec10 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank you, this is the truth. The only down side is that if you have the power to get those tires to light up you will experiance some wheel hop with the front strut bar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is just too funny!!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I always thought rear strut towers were a waste of time unless you only track your car and the 2 degrees of body flex is keeping your tires from being as flat as possible.

Am I wrong?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-Gary-)

i live in a area with lots of hills and windy roads, hence i wana make my car handle better
if i could only get front or rear, which one should i get?