Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Friend just got into an accident and needs some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend just got into an accident and needs some help

My friend with a RSX was rear ended today by some lady driving a super bucket with NO insurance. His back bumper is fucked including his magnaflow exhaust. The exhaust pipes are out of line and and bent/push back into the cat. He doesnt have the receipt for the exhaust, although I can probably get him one.

The thing is that the police said they wont file a police report because no one was hurt. Also the lady has no insurance, so is my friend suppose to sue her for damages to the car because it seems unfair to me if he has to deal with his own insurance comp about it.

Sorry but i posted this on the RSX board too, because I need to give him some responces.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Friend just got into an accident and needs some help (JamesQ)

My girlfriend just got in the same **** whole as your friend, its working out for her. Your friend could sue her, have her pay the deductible for him, or the insurance company will probably allow her to pay them back on a payment plan so his insurance wont go up.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Friend just got into an accident and needs some help (skuby_do)

or he could just talk to her and tell her he is either going to sue her for the cost of the time, labor, parts and lawyer costs or she could settle for x amount. give her a chance even though shes a dumb ****.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They didn't make a police report? WTF? In both accidents I was in and all that people I know have been in a police report was made, injury or not. And did the lady get a ticket for not having insurance at least? I would suggest a lawsuit, and then I would also suggest finding out why a report wasn't made, because I thought that by law ther had to be one written up.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Friend just got into an accident and needs some help (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would also suggest finding out why a report wasn't made, because I thought that by law ther had to be one written up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im wondering the same thing. but she did get a citation for not having insurance. My friend's going to go to the Acura dealer 2m to get an estimate for damages, although i dont understand why he aint going to a body shop for the estimate. I called my own insurance company to ask about his incident and they said that if he has UM insurance (uninsured motorist), then it should be okay for him, but I wonder does he still have to pay deductible.

sucks for my friend though, state farm just had a price hike (4g's a year for his RSX.. but he's switching companies).
Old 01-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Most insurance policies have an uninsured drivers clause where they will repair your car if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver. However it is additional, it isn't part of regular comprehensive. If you don't have full coverage, then you are going to have to sue to get your car fixed. If she was driving without insurance, then pretty safe to say that you aren't going to be able to work out any arrangements with her without a lawyer involved.

Also, they do have to file a report, but whether or not they issue a ticket is their choice (at least thats the case here in NC).